Bruiser Keep/Discard

Ken4343Ken4343 Member Posts: 21
edited May 2017 in Strategy Discussion
I'm wondering if I should retire either one of my legendary bruiser and see what the epic one does. I'm currently using Diane for outpost.

I also would like your opinion on what to do if I get a desirable trait from Dale. Should I discard Fredrick or Andrea?

Comments

• MinistrMinistr Member Posts: 105
    I'd rather see what Andrea has instead of Dale. Dale doesn't have Sure Shot or Marksman. He's not a keeper for my play style. Double dodge and iron skin make him a meat shield, not an offensive survivor.
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 734
    Assaults: For me this class MUST have Marksman, and Sure Shot is nice but not as crucial as it is on the other ranged classes. Dale would have to nail Marksman on that 5th trait and you're going to burn a lot of tokens to most likely be disappointed.... I'd go with Andrea among those 2.

Bruisers: For me melee classes MUST have retaliate. Dan doesn't so I would either retire him, or keep him and stop upgrading him (if you use him on a regular basis). Lizzy and Diane will never be perfect, but you need to ask a follow up question: Are they serviceable/able to provide value?" Maybe promote them to a degree to keep them serviceable, but be on the lookout for better options along the way.
  • Ken4343Ken4343 Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2017
    Update: I unlocked Marksmen on Dale. :) One other question: do you think it's worth upgrading this shooter to a legendary, or just level her up and keep her an epic (marksman, iron skin, dodge, defensive stance)? I only have one other viable shooter, but I primarily use her for outpost defense.
    Ministr
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 734
    @Ken4343 Congrats on Dale! You're a braver person than I.

Virginia is another one of those roll of the dice situations. If you unlock Sure Shot on that 5th trait she'll be great.

You feeling lucky? =)
  • Ken4343Ken4343 Member Posts: 21
    @tabernac Thanks for your opinion! I'll keep her for now till I get something better. One last question: I want to take advantage of this weekend's event, and I'm debating on which rifle I should upgrade. In looking into Daryl's weapon in top right, and Dwight's in the middle left. Thoughts?
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Hi @Ken4343
    Here's my 2cents

If you like to push challenges beyond RSL +3, then maybe try out Dwight's epic hawk for the piercing trait, which you don't appear to have. For everything else, I think Daryl's old 7mm is a more versatile gun. I much prefer interrupt on scout/warrior or even shooter weapons, but I'm sure it can be useful (except for RSL +3 and up)