Scouts and bruisers

So, the two most underused classes - does anyone have ideas for how to use them best, or alternatively, suggestions as to how NG can make us feel the love for them? And I don't mean some crappy buff that is really a nerf elsewhere - perhaps new traits, weapons etc...

Comments

• Raven2318Raven2318 Member Posts: 215
    Right now, I feel like they constitute the Eugene and Morgan of heroes, i.e. They are just there for token dilution purposes.
    Smit, can you elaborate? I am struggling to find effective ways to use scouts. How does threat reduction work?
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 728
    As the word says, Threat Reduction reduces threat. In the sense, instead of walkers getting added below, in the walker count, you will see them diminish one by one when you use weapons with this particular trait :)
    The only way to survive a mad world is to embrace the madness.
    InvaderthebullromeoMinistr
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066

open the doors and leave

Did you miss something between open the doors and leave?
    gespuerromeo
  • KarlChildersKarlChilders Member Posts: 24
    Iam usually guilty of being a bull in a china shop with my assaults, but threat reduction on scouts and Morgan's staff on a bruiser have helped me get through some tough challenges. Thanks to Anxiety!

KC>CBG
    Guaporomeo
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    Scouts are hardly an underused class. Like everyone else has mentioned, Threat Reduction is critical for getting 3* on many high RSL maps. Plus they do ridiculous damage. My scout can kill a level 25 walker in one shot about 90% of the time. Threat Reduction + Swift Strike + some pink stars = badass survivor.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    KarlChildersInvaderTeeceezygcheong85romeo
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,461
    Scouts are awesome but Bruisers are only usable in Outposts. This is sad and very unbalanced.
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 990
    Bruisers are useful if you spend the cash to buy Morgan's staff, or managed to hang on to the church hammer. They take a licking and keep on ticking.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    tabernactallinieSlowMoKarlChilders
    I guess I'm not lucky enough to have high level weapons with threat reduction, or be swinging at Rsl 24 plus yet, so I'm not feeling the love. Maybe down the road that will change, my experience as of now is that mid level players tend to stick with ranged most of the time.
  • RichmorlRichmorl Member Posts: 14
    Raven, when i was mid level, warrior was my go to guy. I think they nerfed him though. All classes are useful in challenges at some point, but for outposts, scout assault and either bruiser or shooter are best, and in challenge i find melee of any type are good but i have a scout with threat reduction plus (cant remember name of weapon trait) every kill or 2 i get an extra go.
  • SlowMoSlowMo Member Posts: 203
    Melee class is not popular, but by no means useless. For those who swear by ranged only, why not put in some effort build up a strong melee team and try them out? You will be amazed..
    TeeceezyGuapoInvaderDoTak
  • TimberTimber Member Posts: 39
    How bout Bruisers strength vs other classes?
    Example Assault 1500 and Bruisers 1500, Bruisers health gets damaged easier...

Anyone same thoughts?
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    Currently the most damage output is warrior with power strike & strong trait, using destructive & lethal weapon can easily output over 10k damage the first attack which unbalanced the game compare to the lame bruiser.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    Scouts with a gold Threat Reduction weapon are awesome when you don't want any spawns to happen.
    Even though it's only supposed to be 75% reduction, my best threat reduction weapon works maybe 90% or more of the time

Bruisers are useable in certain situations for their stun
    In some of the small room maps that have something in the middle of the room, I have stunned a group of walkers and that blocked the walkers behind them from coming forward.
    They don't tend to go around the object which is nice because that buys you some time when some are stunned
    InvaderGuapoCaptainslayer
  • dandancar77dandancar77 Member Posts: 332
    I love scouts and threat reduction/swift strike combo. Except when there are flaming walkers around. Would LOVE if NG added a "Fire Resistance" trait to scout armor. Then I would use them all the time.
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    @EL34xyz gold threat redux when combined with sliver weapon luck (15%) and level 5 survivor luck (18%) gives:
    75% + (75% * (15% + 18%)) = 99.75% chance. I have such a weapon - silver luck, gold swift strike, gold threat redux. Awesome weapon.
    EL34xyzSlowMo
    jbuoy said:

@EL34xyz gold threat redux when combined with sliver weapon luck (15%) and level 5 survivor luck (18%) gives:
    75% + (75% * (15% + 18%)) = 99.75% chance. I have such a weapon - silver luck, gold swift strike, gold threat redux. Awesome weapon.

That's probably why mine works so well
    I'll have to check all that when I am near my tablet
    xbamfx
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,425
    Bro bruiser class is very effective if it's high level and good armor! So much HP bullet sponge but also against freemen they are amazing for stun purposes. It could help get high level 3* in challenge. Also very good tank blocker in certain outpost layouts.
    Guapo
    xbamfx said:

Bro bruiser class is very effective if it's high level and good armor! So much HP bullet sponge but also against freemen they are amazing for stun purposes. It could help get high level 3* in challenge. Also very good tank blocker in certain outpost layouts.

I sometimes use Bruisers to block also
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 261
    Inside and out map. 3 scouts with gold wrestle will get you a star for round bonus when others fail.
    Pig
    jbuoy said:

Thanks for the info

Here is that Threat reduction weapon I was asking about
    And the scout I use the weapon with
    No luck on the weapon, but level 6 luck on the scout

David_H79