Forum Flairs

Comments

• Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,394
    @Teeceezy Will there be a post explaining how everything works?

I would also argue that LOL's should factor into the equation... If agrees, likes and awesomes count regardless of whether a post is off-topic, then why not also reward those who make their point using humor. :wink:
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

JadenArtisans
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    @Bill_ZRT There will! I was thinking about waiting for the flairs to become visible in threads, but I have no ETA on that so I might drop the info bomb before that.

As for the LOL's, unfortunately I think the 0 points is hard-coded in our forum software but I'll see what I can do.
    GuapoReeconn
    @Teeceezy - Thanks for the update, looking forward to your post!
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.

• GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    @Teeceezy - can you explain what you mean by "point inflation" a bit more?

I'd argue in favor of not raising the status benchmarks if just adding points to LOL, as it appears to already be well-balanced. Just us funny people are losing a bit of street cred.

Now, if the ability to multi-react to a single post is also implemented, I think that would warrant a review of point status tiers, but, since one post can only get one reaction, adding pints for LOLs *AND* raising the tier requirements may negate each other and we'd just be better off (and less work for you) to keep LOLs at 0-points.

No?
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    So what I mean is that the current points system makes sense and seems pretty ... balanced, when it takes into account Awesome's and Like's. If LOL's are added, that means that there'll be more points to a forum profile which in turn means (at least to my mind) that the points you need for each rank need to be adjusted. :)@Gindy

Any thoughts on that?
    GuapoGrimGael
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    As someone who stands to gain from adding LOLz to our points, tbh, it doesn't matter to me. I'm perfectly happy with my current rank and LOL total
    :)
    GrimGaelGuapobigbeano
  • GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    Hehe, @Guapo. Proven wrong, I "Agree"!

@Teeceezy -- I can meet in the middle with a "slight" adjustment, but if the adjustment is more than (say) 40% then I think to keep everything as-is since it just adds dilution. Last thing anyone wants is to see those who "aren't funny" see a loss in status and be upset and those who "are funny" get points only to be just as far from the next mark as they were before.

A suggestion/question I will toss back: can "partial points" be earned? Maybe LOLs get 0.5 points and then benchmarks can remain unchanged? Or LOLs stay out and, coming from @Guapo's camp, we have our own special "funny guy" rank that Likes and Awesomeness can't attain?
    GuapoGrimGaelWalkerballz
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    I've said it before--Lol's are their own reward. I'm fine with being a shadow hero. If someone needs colored text on my profile page to appreciate me, they are obviously not getting it anyway.

But the real lol here is TCZ displaying the hard-coded NG thought process behind nerfing. Well, to be fair, we probably should give you something. But the only obvious option, if we do, is to devalue everything so we can say we gave you something without giving you something in reality.

No offense, obviously this is not a real thing. And I can certainly see your side of the issue. But I wanted to share the smile you brought to my face.
    Gindy
    edited May 2017

GindyTheLostOnesGrimGael
This discussion has been closed.