Weapons/Armor .. initial level and number of stars.

How important is the number of stars on a newly aquired weapon or armor. I've been sending my guys out with lesser valued weapons that I've upgraded while waiting to upgrade the new weapons/armor.
Is that the best strategy ? What do the stars mean ?

Comments

• SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 641
    edited January 2016
    As a basic requirement, there is no point upgrading any weapons 3 stars & below.
    The number of stars align with the grade, for example 5 stars = legendary.
    For 4 or 5 stars gear, Gold (luck / dodge / wide arc / interrupt) are currently the best traits.
    sKUlLfukkER
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    3 stars are ok.. more star, the better. but also consider the level. higher level gives better damage or hp.. if you got a lot of 3 stars and up, that's when you have to consider the traits.
  • SabrinaSabrina Member Posts: 141
    @bring_um_on_1000 It depends. Basically consider only 4-5 * gear to updrade, because upgrading in higher level is so expensive and slow that u really have to make choices .As @Steeboon said, there are crucial traits in weapons and jackets and it is always depending the features and their strengthnesses in single weapon / jacket.

But I haven't got for example to hunters enough 4-5 * weapons and jackets, so I priorize 3* weapons with wide.

I suggest that think ur playing style which weapon ja jacket features serve ur playing style. Some players like scouts and shooters, I like AOE classes (hunter/assault/warrior) and so on. So I personally priorize AOE features in weapons, cones, wide, angles etc.
    - Sabrina, lv60 LVT (Life-TIme Profit), Elder of Suomikilta I-V -
    seibuz
  • repeterepete Member Posts: 5
    How do you know, wide, cones etc. for weapons?
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,149
    repete said:

How do you know, wide, cones etc. for weapons?

There's a base and the weapon traits that add bonuses for assault and warrior. Check out the wikia.

http://nomansland.wikia.com/wiki/Traits
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    Also this

http://nomansland.wikia.com/wiki/Ideal_traits

To help you decide witch one to upgrade.
  • erfrischererfrischer Member Posts: 59
    TY nice tipp

This discussion has been closed.