Traits importance?

Are the traits on Armor more important than on weapons?

Comments

• vabuda1vabuda1 Member Posts: 80
    More important, I dont think so ..but equally as important, yes very much so...you can't last long if you have crappy armor, nor will you last long with crappy gear. I shoot for legendary in both if possible.
  • Bryan18Bryan18 Member Posts: 155
    But what about the traits being very specific like on a hunter rifle you want gold bore but for the armor does it really matter as much as the weapons traits? Do you have to have stun resistance?
  • zivaoliviazivaolivia Member Posts: 178
    edited May 2017
    Ideally you want both stun resistance and wrestling. But wrestling imo is the most important. It allows you to 1-star uhd many times that you wouldn't otherwise.
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,039
    Here you go @Bryan18 I hope it helps bro
    sligoempsychwolfrustynail
    My reason for this question is if you purchase armor are you more likely to keep it regardless then trash it
    @Bryan18 I keep every level 21 gear I get right now, when I have what I need I'll probably scrap less valuable gear.
    Well ditto since they did the double scrap I have plenty of room I was just being more philosophical what's a better bang for your trade goods armor or weapons
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    How do you define bang for the buck since they both cost the same to buy and upgrade? One way I look at it is there are fewer combinations of traits for armor so it seems that would give you a better chance of getting what combo you want....I think.
  • CoonCoon Member Posts: 282
    Iron skin and bonus HP are the better of the armor traits IMHO. Wrestling right after. The main thing i want my cloths to do is to keep me from being injured. That is the number 1 job of clothes. All else is secondary.
    Buy bang for your buck I mean best chance of buying something that you can use an upgrade vs. Having to scrap
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    My favorite all-around armor combo is gold dodge, gold stun resistance, and silver iron skin. I also like to keep an armor for each class with gold wrestler to switch in once I get to very high RSL levels and can only 1* them.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    JayZRedEye52jimmorrison369Tripod
    It depends on what type of missions you want the armor for
    PigJaden
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Ok son I was close on the bang for your buck when I said about the changes combos. If you are satisfied with 50% stun resistance than you will have a lot of useful armor but I want the 75% stun resistance because I want my trait to be more than a coin flip.
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    Silver wrestler , gold stun resistance, gold defence armor for anything after RSL 25 IMHO

Dodge is not close to reliable .. maybe with Father Gabriel's new leader trait it will be .
    @Japes87 Are you saying it's not reliable in general or just at RSL 25+?
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    Not reliable once body shots come into play , so around 3 levels plus your max survivor . Even with full dodge on survivor and armor , I rarely dodge even one hit from a level 26 zombie with 7 star pink survivors . There are "other variables at play " I would explain it better , but at this point it's all I know.

Dodge works decent until level similar level to a couple levels higher if you take into account pink stars , so my rough guess would be level 21 survivors could reliably use dodge up until level 23 Zombies and level 24 with one pink star , etc etc. @crambert_nec
    @Japes87 Oh, I definitely understand the mechanics. I was just wondering if you were one of those "dodge is a useless trait period" people :p
    Japes87
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @Bryan18 - buying armor definitely has a better chance of being "useful". Since there are only 6 traits for armor, it's hard to get something that isn't at least somewhat useful.

Weapons can have, depending on class, from 6 traits (warrior) up to 9 traits, so finding your ideal traits for some weapon classes is nearly impossible.
    JadenCaptainslayerTheLostOnes
    I don't think dodge is useless you have to have high luck trait on the survivor and high luck on the weapon. It helps I tend to dodge plenty of attacks at rsl 24-25 what sucks is if just one connects with my it's likely a bruise. It has bailed me out before tho
    It does get less likely as you go higher up the rsl I noticed that too
    Japes87SlowMo
  • KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 147
    Thanks @jimmorrison369 I didn't know that
    jimmorrison369