Comments

• Doc_HollidayDoc_Holliday Member Posts: 5

Which bruiser to promote?
    anniesprinkles
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,987
    Julia is the way to go no doubt.
    Doc_Hollidayanniesprinkles
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 767
    @Doc_Holliday In order for me to spend significant amounts of my hard earned tokens on a Bruiser they need to have 3 traits (Retaliate, Strong, Dodge)

Julia would be AWESOME if she unlocked Retaliate on that 5th trait, but that's a huge gamble that most likely won't pay off.

Jorge is in the same boat, but has two chances to unlock Retaliate. Too risky for me.

I wouldn't promote either Joyce or Fredrick
    Doc_HollidayR2runfastanniesprinkles
    Luck, strong, power strike, iron skin. Then d stance or anything that suits ur playstyle.

Thats what u need on meeele now.

Back in the days, a must was luck, dodge and bullet dodge. You will never know what future updates might bring tho.

Dodge and retaliate wont be very useful in high lvl challenges. But then again still might work. Im not sure what use of that particular bruiser we are talking about.

For outpost i would agree on reataliate and dodge to be a must with luck.

It all comes down to how and where you'd like to use ur bruiser or any other survivor.

There is no formula whats best traits. There are many factors u need to consider.
    anniesprinkles
    edited May 2017
    bladgier said:

Dodge and retaliate wont be very useful in high lvl challenges.

@bladgier
    I can see your point about Retaliate if you're building a strictly Overwatch Bruiser for higher levels. We'll have to agree to disagree on Dodge though. You're not going to get an outright Dodge against higher level Zeds after a certain point, but Dodge does mitigate the amount of damage and Criticals that you incur. I've done head to head run-throughs with survivors at higher levels (both at the same exact levels and both with luck and no Iron Skin) and the survivor with Dodge gets markedly less Criticals against them in the same situations.

Way less empirical example, but in situations where you just need to run past Zeds and get to the exit, it seems that my non-Dodge survivors get clipped WAY more often.

That being said, I'm not pushing stratospheric levels like @Terminates or @Amazayn. If they stated that Dodge is useless at higher levels, I'd of course stand corrected.

**Also another disclaimer: No one should ever listen to my advice in regards to Outpost. That is my least favorite part of the game.

anniesprinkles
    Its true. Dodge does decrease a chance of a critical hit.

But instead of having dodge i would rather combine iron skin with d stance.

Its just bank think, not a chance and low like dodge is now.

I see what ure saying @tabernac by mentionining top players but believe me, there is lot more than only them. Im also lucky enough to fight shoulder to shoulder with them.

What i said earlier bout traits its not what i have invented. Its what ive learned.

But then again, Zayn might agree with me and Termi dis. Or other way around.

As I said, its all personal preference still.

So what im saying is not that ure wrong and im right.
    anniesprinkles
    @bladgier

Right, I get it. It's definitely style dependent, no question.

I appreciate your perspectives, but will push back on them from time to time. =)

And I wasn't trying to imply that you aren't a top tier player. I just don't know of you. Folks like Terminates and Amazayn are just more well known with their bona fides, is that fair?

Cheers!
    bladgier
    @bladgier

So now that we know that:

1. You're a top tier player
    2. You and I are besties now =)

It's time for me to petition you for a favor. Whenever I see the elite players post strategy walkthroughs and videos the survivors that they are using look pretty close to what I'd consider to be my idea of "the ideal".

So there's a dearth of content (from what I've seen) showing alternative traits and tactics similar to what you employ. This is your opportunity to shine and fill that void! Looking forward to it!

Your new bestie,

tabernac
    bladgier
    @tabernac

Lol1000

Not sure what u want me to do :smiley:

We've gone off top on this1 anyways.
    bladgier said:

We've gone off top on this1 anyways.

@bladgier Good point, I'll shoot you a PM.

• T_12T_12 Member Posts: 712
    Go with Jorge and Julia. I wish Joyce had just dodge instead of B-dodge, you can go ahead with her too if you like.
    Frederick is HORRIBLE!!!
    Alive!
    Doc_Hollidaymudpie
    @T_12 Thanks for adding your input. I actually thought I was getting it, but I think not. I posted this mostly BECAUSE of Frederick. I honestly thought @tabernac was going to like him for a "meat shield". @OneLessTitan talks about building a "meat shield" bruiser around defensive stance trait.

I'm obviously not seeing the whole picture here and just not getting it. If anybody would like to tell me why those combinations of traits make Frederick (except by just saying those traits suck) less than desirable, I'm all ears and willing to learn.

Thanks Again Everyone!
    mudpieanniesprinkles
    Oh, I forgot to mention I just couldn't help myself and needed to see what Jorges 4th trait was going to be.

Retaliate. Does that make things a little more interesting?
    mudpieanniesprinkles
    @Doc_Holliday

I'd really like Frederick as a Meat Shield Bruiser if that 5th trait was Strong....

Feeling lucky? =)
    anniesprinkles