Rick as leader in game.

Hi all I'm new to the game, I've been just playing
for about 3 weeks. I downloaded the game after watching season 6 n 7 on Netflix. I don't have Rick yet, I need 20 tokens to unlock him, but even tho he is my favorite character on the show I'm very concerned, I read on forum that his leader trait is very underwhelming in game. Shouldn't he be like top 3 in leader traits?? Wouldn't it be great if his leader trait activated other heros leader traits n maybe a piercing bonus. All I know that if his leader trait is useless it should be changed, he is the leader on the show how is it possible he is bad in this game!?? What does everyone think??
R2runfastekimhclewWhispererArtisansWalkerballzxbamfxCaptainslayerrustynailqweasda85206T_12romeobuchizombiebreathSpringChickenTimboski

Comments

• KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 147
    Yeah, I saw that Rick bundle few days ago and it was terrible , not only because it was to expensive $10 would have been ok but why should I spend money on Rick tokens when he is useless
    TimboskiT_12Vudnik
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421
    KhalDrogo said:

One more thing I downloaded this game a year or so ago n didn't play because it didn't have heros. Trying to get my favorite characters from the show peaked my interest n made me stay this time. Heroes should be more powerful since they are harder to get n can't get pinked I think.

This is why we can't have nice things. ;-)

Regarding Rick's leadership ability in game, my thoughts are that his leadership ability in the show is mediocre at best, why shouldn't his ability in the game be the same?

And I'm not trolling you... Rick just consistently has terrible ideas in the show that people agree with and the writers bail him for. Except when they don't, such as his master plan at dealing with Negan at the end of s6.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

vabuda1Artisans
  • atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 255
    My Michonne is Legendary and i got 128 Dwight tokens today on my first Dwight Call. it really is just luck.
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,436
    @Bill_ZRT are you kidding me? His leadership in the show is mediocre?! What? please point out some of these instances you're referring to specifically because he has the most leadership in the entire damn show lol. The closest leader to him is Negan no one else even comes close.....
    KhalDrogoekimhclewvabuda1
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    I kinda agree I love rick but he does make bad decisions especially early on in the first 3 seasons but he has improved and makes good decisions in the later seasons. Shane made better decisions and no I'm also not trolling.
    Back on point though ricks leader trait isn't a desirable one and not very useful
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    KhalDrogoBill_ZRT
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    @Bill_ZRT to be fair beth got herself killed trying to kill whats her face dawn?? Also they didn't go with the sneak in and kill everyone plan which probably would've worked
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    xbamfxJadenvabuda1ekimhclew
  • Raven2318Raven2318 Member Posts: 225
    Sorry, I have to agree that Rick could use some tactical lessons. To trust the Gargage Pail folks without a backup was piss poor. He should be treating everything like a military op, instead we just get plot devices designed to advance the story but make Rick look a shortsighted fool
  • Raven2318Raven2318 Member Posts: 225
    And don't even get me started on the fact that he did not destroy or fake the armoury record, and kept all of the weapons in the fricking armoury waiting to be collected by Negan. Good lord.
    Kick_assArtisans
  • WarlordWarlord Member Posts: 166
    @xbamfx

Also for the record, it's all moot as Rick dies in the hospital from dehydration (3 days max without water) as there was no one there to keep pumping him with IVs, and if he was there for less time than I remember, SINCGARS radios (that was the type of radio in the tank) can't communicate with civilian radios so there was no way for Glenn to bail him out :wink:

If TWD was remotely based on real life, none of them would have survived until the first commercial break as none of them have a clue about security.
    JadenxbamfxArtisans
    @Warlord that can't be said specifically as he could have been hooked to IVs on a slow drip even though that's arguable about how long that will last. There could have been someone who stayed in the hospital as long as possible or in the event ricks body started to actually dehydrate could have triggered his body to come back from his coma, I don't know I'm not a doctor. As for sincgars radios yes they can actually talk to Walkies but it has to be a specific model for example Asips radios on single channel can communicate just fine as I have done so in the past numerous times.
    KhalDrogo
    I remember specifically using these Mbitr radios in conjunction with sincgars radios both in Iraq and Afghanistan so it's possible but I highly doubt Glenn had one of these and even still it would have to be on the same channel as the radio in the tank. Is it possible that Glenn was in that tank scavenging earlier and thought to change to the channel on the radio in hopes of communicating with military forces in the area? lol I know too many variables to consider, but not deniable as that would be common for survivors to want to call for military evacuation.
    Kick_ass
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421
    xbamfx said:

* the attack on the savior satellite outpost was a last ditch effort to make a deal with the hilltop. The portion of food that the hilltop was sending to the saviors is what Rick wanted. His people were running low on food and scavenges at the time yeilded minor results. You'd be surprised what hungry people would do. For the record no one in ricks crew knew exactly how large a force the saviors had at that time.

Correct - it's Rick's job to know, he's the leader. It's his job to know whether that's just an outpost or the entire group. It's his job to make the call to do recon instead of just going in. Don't forget that he rallied the troops and advocated for this... to murder people he had never met and who had never wronged him. If you want to say that starving people make bad decisions, then fine... Rick made a bad decision. Doesn't that speak more to my point that yours? And speaking of starving people... where was Rick's plan for keeping people fed? Why not start growing food like Hilltop and the Kingdom. He did that back at the prison.
    xbamfx said:

* he gave Ron a gun when the are was surrounded by the herd and there was no other way but to fight your way out. I'm sure he felt the more armed they had the better chance they had to escape, thank the little bastard for panicking and getting mom killed which then made big brother pissed he lost his fam and wanted nothing left but revenge on Rick.

You're misremembering things here. Rick gave Ron the gun in s6 episode 7, 'Heads Up'. This is the episode that RIck and Carl teach him to shoot (also a terrible idea to put a loaded weapon in the hands of the kid whose father you killed). Rick gives him the gun in that episode after the shooting lesson. He doesn't give him any ammo, but he gives him the gun. Not a good decision.
    xbamfx said:

* Beth was saved thanks to ricks deal but she felt the need to go back and try to get back for the kid that got killed in the revolving door anyway lol

Rick's original plan was to sneak in, murder people and break her out. Then he runs in to a couple of Dawn's 'officers' and they make the deal to do a trade... he'll return the officers for Beth and Carol. Everyone agrees, but Rick was caught off guard by Dawn's sudden changing of the deal to include Noah, which Rick doesn't have an answer for besides to hand him over.
    xbamfx said:

* for the record Eugene sucks on the show and why would Rick want to find out his abilities? He lied his ass off about DC and the cure and used people to survive. He isn't all that smart he is just a dork who reads books and looks at shit from a scientific method rather then a brute force effort. Ok he knew how to make balloon bombs............:cut me a break

Why? Because Eugene can make ammunition, explosives and any number of other incredibly useful things. Who cares if he lied? Carol murdered two people at the prison because they had the flu. Gabriel was useless for something like 2 seasons, but they keep him around. Eugene has incredibly useful skills that would not only help them survive, but thrive. You need to take inventory of peoples' skills and use them appropriately.
    xbamfx said:

* in closing Rick has done a stellar job under severe circumstances and has still held it all together. Sure people have died but that's not all by ricks choices.

Stellar? We're just not watching the same show... if that's stellar, I don't want to be on your team in the zombie apocalypse. Do you remember when he relinquished control at the prison to a 'council' so he could be farmer Rick? Not a quality I want in my leader.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

RedEye52xbamfxTrinity1706
  • KillingLightKillingLight Member Posts: 118
    @Warlord

There was a webisode series that showed one nurse stayed back at the hospital to take care of the patients.
    It shows the origin of the famous "Don't dead, open inside" door.
    Bill_ZRTxbamfx
    @xbamfx So you were probably equally disgusted that Abraham, of all people, drove the RV into a defile with the zombie barricade, stopped at it, and allowed everyone to get out and investigate instead of immediately throwing it reverse and getting the hell out of the the ambush zone? And you're right about there is a small handful (Motorolas I believe) of them that can, but the chance of Glenn finding the right type and then having the knowledge to make it work was about as good as him finding a cure for the zombies so that's why I just discounted it. Not to mention how much juice was left in the batteries of the tank with that radio on 24 hours a day.

Neegan is the only thing keeping me watching that show as there is actually decent writing with his character. When he dies, I'm done with it. Only so many times I can watch (insert main character name) doing (some action) and a zombie just noisely appears within 3 feet of them in an open space so (insert main character) can have a threat against them to induce a sense of drama with the audience.
    Trinity1706
    @Warlord enjoy for what it is, if you are so disgusted with the writing it's simple, don't watch it. Shows are supposed entertain us not be correct about every little detail.
    Timboskixbamfx
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    back to topic:
    Who does really understand what Rick's leader trait is meant to be? What means "next" to an ally? Must your ally be directly next (the next grid) to the target or maybe 2 or 3 grids?
    @Teeceezy can you explain this to us uninformed players?
    @KhalDrogo Negan is a blast. Jeffery Dean Morgan has done an outstanding job with him. I almost stopped watching before he showed up, but now that he is on the show; I still watch it. The King isn't half bad either. For me, a lot of the good writing and character development died first with Dale and then the most of the rest with Herschel. Not until Negan showed up did some of that return. Every little detail doesn't matter. Its just that people revert to training while under stress and it doesn't seem like the writers ask themselves "would a sheriff do this in this situation?" or "would a soldier do this in this situation?" which is part of the "character" and just some of the crazy stuff the writers come up with is more to just spike ratings then to adhere to the characters and their backgrounds.
    @Warlord I agree Negan is great and I haven't seen season 7 yet, also sometimes shows change writers...
    @Bill_ZRT : Actually, Eugene knows how to make gun powder and that, I believe was the recipe he left with Rick at the RV which is just part of the equation of ammunition, but I think you are correct, Eugene did and said what he had to to survive as anyone would do. It was noted his purpose was to get the group to Alexandria. Now that he is there, his character has been relegated to an afterthought instead of leveraging his knowledge to make Alexandria better. Other than the solar inverters and the bullet; his character has been wasted. Science knowledge, especially chemistry, would make Eugene worth his weight in gold, especially if he could produce black powder, antibiotics, etc.
  • TimboskiTimboski Member Posts: 136
    edited May 2017
    Yeah Khal, I never use Rick. In my opinion 75% of the heroes have a turd of a leader trait. Leaving 25% with a desirable leader trait. My Rick aimlessly wanders throughout my outpost. Sorry if that's not really helpful, I seem to have a lot of excess negativity, I will try to contain it.