Better Hero Call

Can somebody tell me how the hero call is supposed to give you better odds at hero tokens used 60 Radios on Dwight special call and got nothing.

Comments

• lilmanpjlilmanpj Member Posts: 81
    0 Dwight tokens
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421
    There hero calls have a 'better chance' of getting you hero tokens, but there is no documentation as to what a 'better chance' is or what the standard chance is.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

DLichCaptainslayerTimboski8N8
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    @Bill_ZRT @lilmanpj

A while back I compiled data from using 1100 radios (which I farmed and saved specifically for Abe) that I used for promoting Abe, and got his tokens 33.64% of the time. There were stretches of 10 or so calls in a row where I didn't get a single Abe token. IMO, the hero calls aren't worth it unless you're willing to burn loads of radios on a specific hero (Abe, Sasha, Jesus) to promote them. Otherwise, it's only 15 calls for me.

Data from those 110 calls (including Abe tokens):
    6 epic survivors (5.45%)
    29 rare survivors (26.36%)
    75 uncommon survivors (68.18%)

Of the 37 that resulted in Abe tokens:
    3 epic calls
    5 rare calls
    29 uncommon calls

Total tokens from these 110 calls:
    844 Abe
    160 Daryl
    10 Jesus
    10 Michonne
    240 Assault
    184 Scout
    120 Bruiser
    328 Hunter
    8 Warrior
    336 Shooter

The total 844 Abe tokens made him legendary. Perhaps the rng gods were smiling down at me, or perhaps this is the normal rate--I don't think we have enough data to be certain and NG is not willing to tell us what the rates are.

I hate getting other heroes' tokens during the specific hero call.

Anyone else got data for this?

I really hope NG won't take away our 15 radios from the season missions, it's a terrible idea and they need to stop making their players frustrated.
    Captainslayer
  • Nomad4195Nomad4195 Member Posts: 27
    I only use 15 radio calls. Rest are just a waste.
    TransmuteJun
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    edited May 2017
    It's always 15 call, because of better chances.
    But yesterday I was that pissed by the hero tokens situation, I burned about 750 radios with 10 calls. The result was unlocking Michonne (~180 tokens) and Gabriel (~270 tokens) as well as getting 128 Carol tokens and 256 Dwight tokens. This was the first time, the 10 call worked for me. All the other times it was a waste of radios.
    I hope to get the videos online "soon".
    David_H79JadenRedEye52
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Lol, I always do one Carol call for luck, it's superstition and I know I shouldn't. 32 Glenn tokens, feel the improvement!
    feracolyte
  • iced1979iced1979 Member Posts: 65
    Supposbly they buffed the chance by 20% but just went through 50 radios and got nothing a rare shooter was best haul.....NG please do us a favor and give us the option to remove the special hero call permanently I'm tired of wasting radios an never gotten more than 10 PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP
    Timboski
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    @iced1979 yeah they will have probably caught alot of people out with the poorly communicated & misleading announcments.

If you read it very carefully its the chance % thats been increased by 20% not a base overall chance which is what a lot of poeple assumed.

So to clarify what you first think is usual chance plus 20% is actualy usual chance mulplied by 1.2.

So for example if the base chance is 5% were getting a 20% increase to that base so the chance to get the hero of the call is increased to 6% (so a 20% increase in chance equates to 1% extra chance)

It did look too good to be true on first reading and we would all be noticing big diffrence in pulls if a 20% real increase was implemented.
    GrimGaelgcheong85
    Now the videos are online.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/26154/lucky-sunday#latest

After increasing the chances for hero tokens the warning stays the same. The 10 call is against the odds.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    iced1979 said:

Supposbly they buffed the chance by 20% but just went through 50 radios and got nothing a rare shooter was best haul.....NG please do us a favor and give us the option to remove the special hero call permanently I'm tired of wasting radios an never gotten more than 10 PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP

Why remove anything? If you find no value in 10 calls, pull a reverse-Nike and "Just Don't Do It."
    1Ris
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    @CRUSH your Video is from sunday, isn't it? The increasing chances were announced on Monday.
    That's right. But there is no significant change after the increasing.
    I tried to point out, that the risk of losing radios is still higher than the chance of getting specific hero tokens.
    KaLi8N8
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    @CRUSH do you know it, because you made enough Carol calls to made a statistical based statement?

Or do you just think the odds aren't better?
    edited May 2017
    I did no calls since Sunday and I don't know the percentage for special hero tokens.
    Let's say, the percentage was 20% (and that seems to be a lot), the increased percentage is 24%, not 40%.

I will check it at my favorite heroes day.
  • KARAZIPKALIKARAZIPKALI Member Posts: 97
    edited May 2017
    Mod edit
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing the walking dead no man's land." (qtn. from George B. Shaw)