Rick as leader in game.

2»

Comments

• DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    > @David_H79 said:
    > You don't talk about how realistic some things are, in a TV series about a zombie apocalypse.
    > Do you?
    > ;)

First rule of Zombie Club?
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    David_H79gespuerKhalDrogo
  • vabuda1vabuda1 Member Posts: 80
    edited May 2017
    Rick maybe lacks in some decision making, but is spot on in others..like when he whittled wood out of that crate in terminus, that little piece is what freed him and the others. When he machete' d that prisoner who threw the walker on him back in the beginning..if he didn't do right there, he'd likely be dead or someone else he cared about would...and how do you know how rick would've handled the Noah situation if Beth didn't do what she did? Maybe they hand him over while making a plan to rescue him after? What about when carl is about to get raped and everyone pretty much f'd until Rick head butts Joe, and eventually chews his throat out? Think anyone else aside of Rick would do some ish like that??!! Doubt it. Rick Grimes is the MAN!! Hands down he should be the best hero in the game.
    xbamfxKhalDrogoekimhclew
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,389
    vabuda1 said:

Rick maybe lacks in some decision making, but is spot on in others..like when he whittled wood out of that crate in terminus, that little piece is what freed him and the others. When he machete' d that prisoner who threw the walker on him back in the beginning..if he didn't do right there, he'd likely be dead or someone else he cared about would...and how do you know how rick would've handled the Noah situation if Beth didn't do what she did? Maybe they hand him over while making a plan to rescue him after? What about when carl is about to get raped and everyone pretty much f'd until Rick head butts Joe, and eventually chews his throat out? Think anyone else aside of Rick would do some ish like that??!! Doubt it. Rick Grimes is the MAN!! Hands down he should be the best hero in the game.

Great examples that bolster my case. ;-) Rick isn't bad when he makes split second decisions. Which are what most of your examples are... he does okay there. But my point was leadership. The big picture... keeping everyone safe long term, not the split second stuff. And for the record, I think anyone with a child would have done anything and everything possible to avoid what was about to happen to Carl in that scene you referenced. If you want to see great leadership in a main character, watch Firefly. :wink:
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

CaptainslayerWahooDawg
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 449
    Oh hell...Firefly was the shit!!! I loved that show (miniseries?)! The movie was pretty good too.
    Bill_ZRTCaptainslayerJaden_wendy_
  • WarlordWarlord Member Posts: 163
    @WahooDawg. Second that. It ended way too soon. However, what it had and did over the few shows was better than a lot of shows do over multiple seasons.
    Bill_ZRTCaptainslayerJadenWahooDawg
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 961
    Wow I'm shocked so many people dislike ricks decisions in the show. I always thought he did really well as a leader and definitely had way more courage then many other characters in the show. Again it's a show so I'm not going to act like rick should make the perfect decision every time. Let's remember when Rick was broken down and defeated by negan the group picked him up and encouraged him to fight back. That alone is a testament to his leadership and respect from the group. i don't expect everyone to agree with me and that's fine but back to topic, yes his leader trait in game sucks.
    KhalDrogoekimhclewvabuda1
  • KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 147
    Rick is a great leader because I think many on the show would die for him n he would die for them. Great leaders inspire loyalty.
    xbamfxgcheong85ekimhclewvabuda1
    @KhalDrogo I agree with you, I think he has to make a lot of decisions and to be honest when he was going to lay down for negan and be the slave for the saviors no one stepped up to take his place. I give credit to Maggie for taking over the hilltop but she just witnessed her husband bashed to death, so she is clearly driven by revenge. I'd say other then that carl showed a lot of courage to fight negan as well but a lot of this is inspired by Rick who leads with courage. All in all we can all say what we would do or could do in these situations but that's after we seen the outcome in the show. In reality that's not going to be the case, a leader makes a decision and sticks with it right or wrong.
    Timboskivabuda1
  • TimboskiTimboski Member Posts: 132
    Was the topic not on the leader traits? My bad!
    xbamfxKhalDrogoCaptainslayergespuer
    @Timboski it was lol we got off topic because to my surprise many people dislike Rick in show. I didnt know this was possible but I guess it is
    Timboskivabuda1
    > @xbamfx said:
    > @Timboski it was lol we got off topic because to my surprise many people dislike Rick in show. I didnt know this was possible but I guess it is

lol, that makes me laugh. I thought i read that right but when Khal came back with that I though I would throw that out there.
    xbamfx
    After reading that comment @xbamfx that is a very good observation of the situations and I agree, But he does need a leader trait that is a better fit for someone as Bad Ass as he is.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,578
    Rick's trait should allow a second "bite" attack on human enemies after shooting. :p
    KhalDrogoxbamfxJaden
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    People arguing in the forest season recaps
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    gespuer said:

back to topic:
    Who does really understand what Rick's leader trait is meant to be? What means "next" to an ally? Must your ally be directly next (the next grid) to the target or maybe 2 or 3 grids?
    @Teeceezy can you explain this to us uninformed players?

nobody knows how it works?
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

Captainslayer
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    gespuer said:

gespuer said:

back to topic:
    Who does really understand what Rick's leader trait is meant to be? What means "next" to an ally? Must your ally be directly next (the next grid) to the target or maybe 2 or 3 grids?
    @Teeceezy can you explain this to us uninformed players?

nobody knows how it works?
    Next to an ally means exactly that- directly next to.
    2 or 3 grids is not next to. It is near to.
    Next to means Adjacent. On an adjoining square. If there is a walker next to one of your teammates, they take more damage when attacked by anyone else on your team. The idea being you do more damage when protecting a survivor in peril.

As far as i can tell. Not speaking for NG or anything.
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    @Mabiki I assume that is correct to, but in my opinion that what makes his leadertrait less desirable or useful and if it was with another character ppl probably wouldn't have an issue with it, it's just that is rick the main character who kick ass in the show so we expect him to kick ass here to.
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Thanx for sharing your opinion, @Mabiki . :)
    Hopefully we'll get a confirmation by NG. ;)
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

• MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @Captainslayer

No doubt. I refrained from commenting on the usefulness of the trait, just not sure why there remains a question about how it works.
    KhalDrogovshield50
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    @Mabiki I think mostly because there is plenty of ways to interpret the wording of trait (which hasn't been confirmed exactly how close threat needs to be) also for myself hoping that's it within a 2 square radious so the survivors can overwatch
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    gespuer
  • ArtisansArtisans Member Posts: 729
    Rick's leader trait is lame, to keep on topic. What I want to know is who is mowing all the grass?
    Retired, but not entirely dead.
    "Really? Good luck with that!"
  • DangerBDangerB Member Posts: 231
    One of the Best Ideas I have heard is that with Rick as leader (in sport 1) then any additional heroes on the team, in any slot also has his leadership traits active as well (so Ricks old trait goes bye bye and this new one takes it place). So in essence his trait is activating two other heroes leadership traits. I thinks this would allow people to begin to use heroes they normally don't use. More variety, mix and match, more experimentation of different combos.

Sure we all Use Abe or Rosetta, and perhaps Jesus, but the rest just meander around the camp.. Thinking it thought it might be OP, but it makes a ton of logical sense at face value.

It is obvious NG would like us to use the Heroes more, and I think this is a good avenue to do so.

I mean it's Rick, he is the protagonist and should be the most Bad @$$ in the game (thoughts on his leadership capabilities on this point are kinda moot, he is the Leader, he is the show protagonist, how well he does is subjective to us all, some say good, some say bad, some say in the middle). What can be said is he inspires others and "raises all boats" if you will.

The other Idea I liked is the more you play with Hero X the more valuable they become.

Implementation wise not sure which is easier.

Lets make Rick Great again
    KhalDrogoCaptainslayerpaintbeast
    @DangerB Rick leadership trait should activate other leader traits but it also needs a second boost like more damage or better chance at piercing.
    Captainslayer
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 741
    DangerB said:

Sure we all Use Abe or Rosetta, and perhaps Jesus, but the rest just meander around the camp..

For me the rest just meander around the camp because they're really hard to promote to a level in which they aren't a liability in combat. I'd love to have a nicely leveled Sasha, or Dwight, or Negan, or Morgan, or (you get the picture). =)

• theldssdltheldssdl Member Posts: 114
    I'm a big fan of your idea that Rick's leader trait should be to activate other heroes' leader traits on the team. I don't think the game makers like to double dip with weapon's traits and leader traits though, so I think a nice bonus for Rick's leader trait would be to provide a percentage boost to the traits of the other heroes/survivors on the mission, similar to Gabriel.
    paintbeast
    @theldssdl that could work too!