Upgradeable gear - when?

@Shteevie @Teeceezy
A few month ago when you released the possibility to upgrade survivors to the actual max level plus the possibility to promote them to elite survivors, you told us that something similar is planned for gear.

Nothing has happened so far.

Would you please release to the max level upgradeable gear? Maybe also elite gear? I'd also like tokens for scrapped gear to promote my best gear to elite gear.

Right now it's ridiculous to buy gear from the shop for real money because it is going to be obsolete in the near future. I would buy many more gear if I could upgrade it. It wouldn't be a waste of money.

Reactions are appreciated.
gespuerQB34

Comments

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    Max level upgradeable gear is not and has not been planned. More stuff to do with your weapons and equipment is, however, on the way in an update some time in the future.
    zeeblackReeconn8N8pradi
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    do I smell "elite-equipment"? More token to come? :/
    gcheong85Captainslayerbiter370
  • gcheong85gcheong85 Member Posts: 149
    @gespuer i guess the inevitable is coming. Maybe u might need tokens to unlock weapon trait NG way to increase revenue. Upgrading with xp only increase weapo damage. Beware...
    gespuerMonsutaKhalDrogoRedEye52
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,203
    TCY said "More stuff to do with your weapons and equipment is, however, on the way in an update some time in the future."

1) What does more stuff means. I am guessing that I can scratch my virtual ass with it

2) an update some time in the future: Perhaps in 2099

Zee Black 

Playing the game since 2015, Level 75 and 200K plus stars

Part of SG Woot since 2016. We have played more than 300 challenges and earned  4 million plus stars

gcheong85R2runfastRedEye52Kyrus
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,203
    @Teeceezy, try to come up with a win win situation for us players and you NG.

Zee Black 

Playing the game since 2015, Level 75 and 200K plus stars

Part of SG Woot since 2016. We have played more than 300 challenges and earned  4 million plus stars

Teeceezygcheong85CaptainslayerRedEye52
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Teeceezy said:

And just to clarify before anything uncontextful snowballs, weapon tokens, like you see with Heroes or Survivors, are not on the horizon.

Well thats something at least the amount of tokens in the game is already at a level of unsustainability that's detrimental to the game.

TeeceezyRedEye52
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Teeceezy said:

And just to clarify before anything uncontextful snowballs, weapon tokens, like you see with Heroes or Survivors, are not on the horizon.

You can't imagine how relieved I am with your statement (which I'll take for granted). ;)
    gcheong85
  • QB34QB34 Member Posts: 60
    @Teeceezy I've said it before and I'll say it again... Remove level cap from weapons/armor and I will purchase pretty much every bundle you offer! I haven't seen one yet I wouldn't buy
  • SlowMoSlowMo Member Posts: 203
    Monsuta said:

@Teeceezy I'm willing to buy weapon with good traits if it have no level cap, especially the Morgan Staff

I am willing (and bought) the Morgan staff even if it has a level cap. I am having so much fun with it. If you are a max player, it's the best time to buy now; next council update is moons away..
    Monsutaxbamfx
  • KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 147
    When I first joined this game, about a month ago I bought a Negan weapon pack without knowing it will be usless in 5 days, it was cheap but I won't be spending more money unless I some great deal. So this game lost revenue...I knew I could lvl up weapons I just didn't know it was only 3 levels. I assumed that weapons could be leveled same as survivors. I saw nothig telling new players that are usless to have at lower lvls.
    Timboskijester_radicsMinistrR2runfast
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    Teeceezy said:

Max level upgradeable gear is not and has not been planned. More stuff to do with your weapons and equipment is, however, on the way in an update some time in the future.

Hmm, what a brain teaser this is! So if we are not able to upgrade gear level, and we are not going to need tokens for weapons... what else is there to do with them? Will we be able to change traits?

R2runfast
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    Changing traits? Hmmmm.... Interesting! Would be an interesting twist to have the ability to "mod" weapons to a degree.
    Captainslayer
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 990
    Add buffs? On a per use basis?
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
  • jester_radicsjester_radics Member Posts: 45
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie please remove level cap on gear. We need so many different skills in the weapon. It's a pain in the ass to start all over again after council upgrade. Remove it atleast for bought gear
    Bill_ZRTR2runfastpaintbeastcrambert_nec
    Or ever
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    R2runfastgcheong85Governator
  • R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    Sorry @SlowMo, there are too many negatives, nerfs, and unknowns from NG to spend my hard earned cash. They'll need to earn my trust before I spend. I can't just forget the epic fail where many many people got refunds after NG nerfed weapons that people PAID real money for. It was unethical and immoral, and the reality is... I dont think they learned from that mistake.
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    I never really thought for a second they world remove gear caps it doesn't really make sense from a business point of view sure some of us might by a few weapons then will never have the need to again so in the short term they would make alot of money but in the long term they'd lose money. My guess about weapon improvements (since tokens aren't happening thank god) I'm guessing they'll be buildable like adding or changing traits or maybe adding scopes or silencers etc
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    Guapojester_radicsMabikiSlowMo
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    I think I've seen something like this mentioned on here before, but what they could do is remove level caps but still make it very XP intensive to keep upgrading. They could have us upgrade the three traits like normal, but then have an XP amount to "promote" it to the next level. After promotion, all three traits are once again locked and you need to spend more XP to upgrade them again.

For example: let's say I find a badass shooter weapon at level 19. I upgrade the three traits like normal and then spend more XP to promote it to a base level 20 weapon. From here I have to upgrade all three traits again. Repeat the process over again to make it a base level 21 weapon.

This would make it so you would only want to carry over the absolute best gear after a council/workshop upgrade because of the insane XP amounts, but at least there would be a way. It's just very discouraging when you have several pieces of gear with perfect traits that you grow accustomed to before an update, and then you have to start the hunt all over again and really don't want to settle for anything less than those exact traits.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    xbamfxjester_radicspaintbeastpsychwolf
  • SlowMoSlowMo Member Posts: 203
    R2runfast said:

Sorry @SlowMo, there are too many negatives, nerfs, and unknowns from NG to spend my hard earned cash. They'll need to earn my trust before I spend. I can't just forget the epic fail where many many people got refunds after NG nerfed weapons that people PAID real money for. It was unethical and immoral, and the reality is... I dont think they learned from that mistake.

No disagreement here. You can wait till all negatives turn positives, nerfs turn buff, unknowns become known, absolutely sure that every cent you're about to spend has a definite investment yield over a N years period, then spend your hard earned money. I seriously doubt that day will come, so too bad for NG.

I spent (moderately) cos I don't see this game as an investment. I buy bundle because the weapon or whatever that comes with it enhance my game play and fun at that point in time. I buy gas because I have time to grind things out at that point in time. That's it. Should I go figure what returns I will get before I buy myself a beer tonight to chill out?
    David_H79
  • jester_radicsjester_radics Member Posts: 45
    Bump
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    > @SlowMo said:
    > @Teeceezy I'm willing to buy weapon with good traits if it have no level cap, especially the Morgan Staff
    >
    > I am willing (and bought) the Morgan staff even if it has a level cap. I am having so much fun with it. If you are a max player, it's the best time to buy now; next council update is moons away..

@SlowMo Next Council lvl wasn't resp. isn't that far away as you expected. ;)
    GuapoDavid_H79
    I still wouldn't hold my breath for this. It eliminates a big income for NG