New walker type

So I had this idea for a new type of zombie, perhaps in combination with a new themed map.
This new type of zombie wears a hazmat suit and oxygen tank on his back and fits perfectly in some CDC themed maps. Unique with this zombie: killing it through melee won't give you problems, but were you to kill it with a gun/assault weapon or rifle you blow up the tank on its back. Doing damage in the surrounding area (Like the arc of the warrior but a full 360).

So what do you think?
The dead are hungry too!
SenoiaSurvivor

Comments

• AstraeaAstraea Member Posts: 41
    @AysatyoPet Did not know an exploding walker was already suggested, however, now we do have a bit of how it can be introduced ;)
    The dead are hungry too!
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    yeah.. there are many suggestions.. it just seems got ignored by devs..

Wouldn't say ignored really. They probably already have a bit of a vision on where to go with the game. And are basically months ahead of us based on game development and much longer as far as idea development. So suggestions we have may already have crossed their minds, or they may tweak the ideas they do have for the future...
    Best thing you can do is just keep the suggestions coming I think. They might just be the spark in the minds of he developers for the next big feature of this game..
    The dead are hungry too!
  • AhexAhex Member Posts: 78
    Now we have four zombie types in different levels.
    Regular Joe and Jane are easy to kill with any survivor type.
    Armored ones who are easy for warrior and scout, but for me it seems that they are easy for ranged ones too
    Fatsos who are mediocre for others, hard for bruisers
    Burners who are easy for ranged hard for melee

we need exploders that are hard for ranged at close
    speeders who step few extra steps
    fakers which are similar to grave zombies. You have killed them but when you pass them they might grab and do little damage
    disease carriers which prolong time in hospital
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    +1
    @Ahex How any injury in that world wouldn't warrant a rabies shot is beyond me ;)
    Perhaps speeders could be the fresh walkers that rise with the death of a human enemy.
    The fakers you mention remind me of crawlers btw
    The dead are hungry too!
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    Hmmm.. how about human NPC enemies when they died becomes a zombie. Scout and shooter could be a normal zombie when they died.. bruiser and assault could be armored walker.. and hunter & warrior could be fat walkers..

Now that sounds like a good alternative, although, perhaps we could have a timer on that body for x turns before it becomes a walker or become food if a walker stumbles on the body before that time.
    The dead are hungry too!
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    Human NPC becoming zombie, but with a timer like Astraea says. All normal zombie except bruiser & assault armored walker if they have good armor on them. I would leave the fat out.