Run Away challenge

MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
Surprised @OneLessTitan hasn't put up his usual strategy guide here, but consider this a placeholder, and feel free to post any tips and tricks for the Run Away challenge maps here.

Several of these levels are new to me, but I can say that Lost Bunker is a great map for safely farming XP with ranged survivors from behind the fence. Assault is good at high levels to take out the spawn by the gate entrance.
Fester17vshield50

Comments

• Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    As with most any Freemen encounters, Bruisers get a rare chance to shine. Using at least one as your point man, you can generally stop any charging Freeman dead in his tracks, whilst keeping your ranged survivors damage free and ready to unload on a stunned target. There's what, 3 different missions this time around with human enemies, give your bruisers some love this week!
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    The gates on Opposing Forces can be closed after you open them, if you so choose
    Squall_NMLJenngpsychwolf
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    @Mabiki
    I'm afraid @OneLessTitan still in jail and can't start new discussion for a while. I hope he could find a good lawyer, that has Quack Quack Honk ability so the judge unconsciously cancel the lawsuit :p

@DoTak
    Can be closed? Thanks for the heads up, didn't know that :+1:
    JenngbigbeanoDoTakJaden
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,113
    #freeonelesstitan
    We want him in NML
    We need him in NML
    We can handle the truth ;)
    DoTakJadentabernac
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,117
    edited May 2017
    I don't like opposing forces. There's no way to engage the freemen without becoming a target first and taking injury. I should use a bruiser? I tried Rosita and shooters but the space is so tight, I don't know how to take them out without getting hit.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @psychwolf

I move my survivors to the bottom of the map on overwatch and make sure I have melee with interrupt in the lead, then inch forward down the narrow hallway until I activate one of the freemen scouts. Your melee with interrupt ( or a bruiser) in the lead will stop the scout and ranged in back can fire away.

Then rinse, repeat. Working well so far.
    psychwolfFester17vshield50
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    I'm only on RSL 22, but so far I'm finding ranged work just find. I leave them sitting exactly where they start for a turn or two. The Freemen will move into view, either to attack walkers or because they clairvoyantly perceive my survivors. If one exposes himself attacking walkers, you can peg him with range-enhanced shooters. If one rushes my dudes, it's an overwatch kill. The bruiser or whatever it is sitting up in the corner just sits there and never moves, so I take him out last.

I'm sure as RSL goes up I'll have to adapt, because I won't be able to count on the overwatch kill when the psychic Freeman rushes me.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    psychwolf
    If the shooter doesn't come where you can see him, then take out the bruiser first. Then make you move on the shooter after you're sure he's shot at a walker, so he doesn't have overwatch.

I just now overwatch-killed the scout at 22.2, so that's still working well for him.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,181
    My freemen on that map are bruiser, scout and warrior...not 2 scouts.
    THCross
    @SCBMA

I think I've seen different combinations, but the one in he pics is two scouts and a bruiser, so that's what I referenced.

Bruiser in the corner seems to be a constant. Pig mentioned a shooter, which I don't think I've seen unless it was at low RSL when I wasn't worried about damage. If there is a chance of a shooter appearing on the map, that might change the strategy, but with all melee, it will work at least until interrupt/stun stops proccing
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,181
    Ah, okay. I haven't seen any ranged on the map either unless, like you say, it was an early round and I just didn't remember.

I was using your strategy too, having them all in the bottom corner but when the warrior shows up he gets me. So now I have to stretch them in a line across the back wall.
    It's quite possible I got mixed up and it was something else other than a shooter.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    @Mabiki

i think it's always scout, warrior and bruiser
    you're 3rd picture also shows a warrior and not a 2nd scout, difficult to recognize but have a look at the weapon symbol in the bloody drop, the warrior symbol shows a sword from upper left to bottom right, while the scout symbol is a knife from bottom left to upper right
    Pig
    I stand corrected (but the strategy still works regardless).
    docfinzenburgPigvshield50
  • l2wannabel2wannabe Member Posts: 513
    I use assault, shooter and hunter. Level 21s with one pink star a piece. Hunter has interrupt. Move my assault to the bottom, then hunter and use my shooter to hit the freeman that's in the top right corner. End turn and use the overwatch to interrupt the freeman that charges. One more hit should do it. They'll come to you then. I can usually get away with not getting hit.
    I'm late to the party...what's going on with @OneLessTitan ?
    That little hallway is a death trap, lol. IMO @Mabiki
    I managed to beat 26.1 with my level 20s. It took a little luck, but on Opposing Forces it also took the right team and approach. I used bruiser, scout, warrior.

Thanks to a suggestion from @Guapo, I placed my guys in a vertical line just a couple steps forward from the starting position. They overwatch attacked the charging scout, and killed him next turn. Then I moved two guys up to spawn block at the top of the map. Then the enemy warrior had to fight the spawn at the bottom of the map, while I killed off the enemy bruiser.

The trick to getting through the cage with melee is to be able to withstand one round standing in one of the doors. The rest of the walkers move to the other door since they can't get through. If you're lucky, that gives you a break to make a dash for the exit.

It meant having to wrestle out of a couple struggles, but I got through. Interestingly, as hard as OF was, in RSL 24-25, I found Main Road held me up on 26.1. I did finally sneak through with 1 star though and finished the round.

Actually River Cabin was also a challenge. I had to change up my strategy (had been using two hunters and a shooter for everything except OF). But at 26.1 River Cabin I used epic Abe and two pink assaults. After killing the first walkers, I ran like an idiot past the tanks and got opening the gate ASAP. I killed one of the tanks in a struggle, and was just barely able to lay down enough fire on the normal walkers to get through the gate before the spawn got too tough for me. Stun resistance allowed me to eat hits from the second tank and still get away.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    Pig said:

Thanks to a suggestion from @Guapo, I placed my guys in a vertical line just a couple steps forward from the starting position.

I just looked at OLT's site and the position I'm trying to describe here is the same one pictured there.

Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
  • Kick_assKick_ass Member Posts: 513
    @DoTak thanks for the heads up on that one. I managed to accidentally lock one of my survivors in. It was a feeding frenzy. Very painful to watch.
    Maverick’s Core Leader and / OG Co-Leader
    Other Leaders | Pic |
    Tux77 |
    KeepGen |

Stolen from Dlich
    DoTakDavid_H79