Episodes 14 - Mission 2 on Nightmare - Need advice

EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
edited April 2017 in Strategy Discussion
It seems as soon as I make a move forward, the saviors open up on the survivor and kill him
I am using a level 20 Warrior and Scout
Both are 6 star
Both have level 23 weapons and armor
But it does me no good if I can't get to the survivor before they kill him

The bruiser runs over and whacks the survivor twice and it's all over

Any advice on how to beat this map on Nightmare?

Comments

• EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    Just tried it again with two 6 star level 20 shooters
    I got a couple shots in but the bruiser killed the survivor anyway
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    Stun the savior(s) with bruiser(s) - if you can be there fast enough. (I only vaguely remember that map...)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    One of the saviors is a bruiser
    Not sure he can be stunned?
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 805
    @EL34xyz He can definitely be stunned.
    Jaden
    tabernac said:

@EL34xyz He can definitely be stunned.

So I took 2 bruisers with me plus the bruiser you are trying to rescue
    I attacked the savior bruiser with 3 bruisers
    Not every attack resulted in a stun
    If you did not get a stun on each of the 3 attacks, the savior bruiser would single out the rescue and kill them

And sometimes, the savior shooter would join in, which sucks

So, I did beat it and here's how I did it
    I took a 6 star shooter and a 6 star bruiser
    And even this took 4 tries because the savior bruiser goes for the alarm and you lose

On the 4th try, the savior bruiser did not hit the alarm and I was able to peck away at him and kill him
    It's a breeze after you do that

So it's all in the luck of what the savior bruiser decides to do
    If he hits the alarm, game over
    If not, you can continue

T_12Gebobs
  • GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    edited May 2017
    I'll add a few things. Move both guys diagonally (SE) two spaces on the first turn. The rescue stays put and the savior doesn't appear. That way, you're sure to be able to get to him with your bruiser on your next turn. I wasn't able to stun the savior the first time, but rather than sound the alarm, he chose to engage my bruiser which was a big mistake, let me tell you what. I was able to stun him the next turn and that gave me the chance to move the rescue out of harm's way.

Once he's done, it's probably counter time and several walkers will appear. Carefully pick off the ones nearby. Hopefully, as was the case with me, there's one or two engaging the other savior. Keep your distance and watch them dance while putting in a shot or two each turn with your shooter.
    Not gonna happen here with level 25 saviors against my level 20 srvrs with level 23 gear
    I have attempted 14-4 numerous times with different configs

If you get a lucky spawn with lower level enemies, then you have a chance

I am waiting until I get level 21 srvrs with level 24 gear
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    Its been quite a while since i did that one, but if memory serves, the Freemen bruiser can be convinced to attack your survivor instead of the rescuee if your guys are very close. With gold stun resist, i managed to avoid consecutive swings, and when the spqwn wave hit, the bruiser moved to engage the walkers instead of my guys. Incidentally, the shooter and hunter freemen were overwhelmed by the walker waves as well, meaning i had a simple stroll to the exit. As soon as the three freemen turned into buffet tables, the end zone opened up, and i cleared the mission.