zombie farming

how important is zombie farming?
should i be utilizing it at the end of each and every map?
or just when i feel comfortable i wont take an injury?

Comments

• Smokin_Joe_BlowSmokin_Joe_Blow Member Posts: 97
    It's not that important. Most of your experience comes from the boxes at the end. If you have extra time to play though, it can give you a little bonus exp.
    kidnapkin[Deleted User]
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    Just finish the map fast.. and when you know that your gas will be depleted after the mission, that's when you farm zombies.. there are missions that can farm unlimited zombies, depends on how long you can play..

kidnapkin
  • kidnapkinkidnapkin Member Posts: 49
    thx
  • pididentepididente Member Posts: 8
    There are specific maps where you can exploit it though. For instance, if a map allows you to move objects back and forth, see if you can coral walkers into an area where they can't touch you (after spawn) but you can sit back and light them up with hunters and shooters.
    Sabrina
  • khajiitkhajiit Member Posts: 27
    I see no reason not to. When you get to higher level it takes days to get enough to upgrade 1 survivor or 1 item. If you get a map you can farm on, and you don't mind doing it, go ahead.

But if you don't have fun doing it, don't. I sometimes get a perfect map for it and will do it until mobs are 4-5 levels above me.

Highest I ever killed was 394 zombies in one little mission.

I received 8865 extra experience. That's more than I get from flipping over gold cards.

pididente
  • TigerfrllyTigerfrlly Member Posts: 12
    Just don't get too greedy. I've completed a mission without any injury and messed up in the middle of "farming" and once those higher lvl walkers get you it can be game over
    Jonny893
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    edited February 2016
    I farm every chance I get on each mission m/challenge until I can't use critical and the walkers are getting close enough to take a swipe. You can earn supplies a lot faster than XP, so take XP when you can. Also, if you haven't reached episode 7, mission 4 yet, don't let it go to waste. You can safely earn a TON of XP, so upgrade your council and spend your XP down before going into that mission.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    pididente
    FYI - this was my haul from 7.4.
    kellygurlTekkenshiftLetalis
  • SabrinaSabrina Member Posts: 139
    @kidnapkin There are several Episode missions where u can safely farm as many zombies as u just have time or at least many, like @AysatyoPet and @pididente said and there are many threads about farming missions in this forum also. Also in Weekly missions, for example Room in Prison challenge u can get w hunters decent amount of XPs. But there is also possibility to loose 1-2 *. Also, random basic XP missions are sometimes like farming.

The importance of farming is more relevant in lower levels, where u can get goods sums of XP at once and advance quickier in the game. But in upper levels it is not so important any more, because u can get some 20-30K XP from normal single mission, it is time consuming and zombies hit very hard when making a mistake = hospital and that is even more time consuming :)

So, take the fun and XPs out from farming as long as u can :) U actually answered to ur question yourself: farm "just when i feel comfortable i wont take an injury".
    - Sabrina, lv60 LVT (Life-TIme Profit), Elder of Suomikilta I-V -
  • kellygurlkellygurl Member Posts: 10
    Nice! I've heard about this mission. I've already played through it but not on nightmare yet. I've also heard that if you flee you still get credited the so and can leave it available for future use. Do you know if that is true?
    masmith93 said:

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,402
    kellygurl said:

Nice! I've heard about this mission. I've already played through it but not on nightmare yet. I've also heard that if you flee you still get credited the so and can leave it available for future use. Do you know if that is true?

masmith93 said:

Yes, but when you flee, the amount of xp you get is wrong, just exit out and log back in and you get the right amount of xp you earned.
    kidnapkin
    interesting
    this topic has been enlightening and thank you for all of your feedback.
    now here come the emojis :) :D ;) :o :p B) :# o:)
  • kellygurlkellygurl Member Posts: 10
    zbot said:

kellygurl said:

masmith93 said:

Yes, but when you flee, the amount of xp you get is wrong, just exit out and log back in and you get the right amount of xp you earned.
    I'm not sure what you mean, whenever I close the game mid mission when I log back on it starts me off right where I left off so then I would eventually have to finish the round and lose my xp supply. Is there another way to do it?
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    kellygurl said:

zbot said:

kellygurl said:

masmith93 said:

I'm not sure what you mean, whenever I close the game mid mission when I log back on it starts me off right where I left off so then I would eventually have to finish the round and lose my xp supply. Is there another way to do it?
    meaning, if you finish the mission and your xp seems wrong... just log out after you get back to the camp. when you log back in your xp will be where it should be.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
    kellygurl
  • shAdshAd Member Posts: 268
    anyone playing this in nightmare? which lvl are the walkers there?
    Very proud first officer of "Dead Angels"
    i love all the feedback on how many heads were farming.
    should there be an unlock chest upon a certain level completion?
    or do we keep rolling the dice?
    i only ask bcuz this is my [email protected]#$king fav game right now. no BS.
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    XP gain from killing walkers in a mission depends on walker level.. low level walkers gives you low xp.. (5 per level)..

• CapletonCapleton Member Posts: 440
    shAd said:

anyone playing this in nightmare? which lvl are the walkers there?

If you mean 7.4: still farming it regularly on nightmare mode.

Walkers are level 15 and I move only the car and not the bin. This way the zombies line up perfectly for my hunters. Only use overwatch and getting no scratch this way...
    Moriturus te salutat

Found his home in Asylum
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I'll farm while it's safe to do so. A couple of thou extra XP on each level comes in handy.
    It also uses up a little time while waiting for more gas.
    I won't take any risks though.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • Jonny893Jonny893 Member Posts: 11

Just don't get too greedy. I've completed a mission without any injury and messed up in the middle of "farming" and once those higher lvl walkers get you it can be game over

yes - i lost 2 epics and a legendary from this :'(
  • ChriestChriest Member Posts: 3
    masmith93 said:

How long did you play? Killed 2.063 walkers within 5 or 6 hours, just ended every turn without looking on display.
    @Chriest Clearly a lot longer than I needed to - I used two hunters and a shooter. It was over the course of 24 hours - usually while watching TV. Stopped to charge my phone 2-3 times. I didn't use flee, though I probably should have.
  • mindsoremindsore Member Posts: 70
    you gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run! you just count your zombies.... when your..... everybody now sing it load and proud! lmao
    SenoiaSurvivormasmith93
  • SenoiaSurvivorSenoiaSurvivor Member Posts: 528
    I know there are other threads on which mission to farm - but in doing the search in the forum I haven't been able to find them. I know 7-4 (which is currently in nightmare mode and I have lvl 12 survivors - so that's out for now) What are some of the others? If you know where that thread is and and post a link, I'm happy to look at that. Thanks!

The other mission I farmed for a lot of XP was the moving of the two dumpsters (can't remember the name/mission) - not quite as safe as 7.4 but still pretty good.
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    Just farm explore missions if u need xp or supplies, use 3 hunters so u make a lot of noise & at the same time in 1st couple rounds collect all the keys & position your hunters at all the walker spawn points, keep running down the turns & shooting the walkers until they are at the highest level u can kill without difficulty in 1 shot & not taking any damage, on the last round use your critical attacks to kill the wave then run for the exit, u should get the most out of your gas & xp this way then repeat.
    ( i.e. Lvl 15 hunters with lvl 17 gear you shouldn't have any difficulty till about lvl 18 walkers) higher episode explore missions will obviously net u more xp or supplies added on to your boxes for completion
  • mindsoremindsore Member Posts: 70
    There is a mission in episode 9. I think it might be 9.5 where you push the dumpsters to block off walkers. It still pops 3 walkers into the field with your team but a correctly positioned hunter & strong assault or 2 hunters can clear them leaving your other hunter or shooter to pop shot or clean up the miss
    Presbybabe
  • SenoiaSurvivorSenoiaSurvivor Member Posts: 528
    *This* was my favorite farming mission. I can't remember which weekly challenge this one is from. It's either the prison or Terminus. I would play it until they were too hard for my survivors. I think my record in this one was 344 walkers but my survivors were lvl 11 then. Screenshot 2016 01 22 11 22 29

This discussion has been closed.