So what sayeth the community...are level 21 survivors worth starting the challenge at RSL 15?

Title pretty much says it all. Curious as to your thoughts.

Comments

• MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    It can be debated whether the current changes are significant enough to mitigate the balance complaints (assuming lvl 21, starting rsl 15). But I think NG's inherent attempt here was to wipe-out the advantages of staying behind at lvl 20 w/ starting rsl 14 (trip rounds 19). So, Lvl 21/pinks/max gear/etc should now advance further than lvl 20's of same. But the issue of whether it conforms to an overall proper balance equation, is a different story
    WahooDawgsbfbiter370jammin
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 681
    I am at 26.1 with level 20 survivors so I am sure you will be able to get there soon. Sometimes it just takes a lucky break, walkers can start off at different levels on the same RSL too.
    Good luck!
    TimboskiDLich
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,435
    @DLich I feel your pain bro, I too feel it's harder to reach higher stars now due to moving up to 21 max survivors but I guess that's what is intended. To be honest I don't know why they moved it up? All those people complaining about not having enough time to grind the challenge caused it, when in reality if you don't have time you just don't have time. It's those same bottom feeders who sit there and let others grind out stars for them to reap the benefit of the easy route.
    GuapoFragziegcheong85WahooDawg
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 990
    Having just 2 20s is still an advantage as far as I know (at least that's what a friend told me).
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    WahooDawgxbamfx
  • Cherokee_RoseCherokee_Rose NML Moderator Posts: 795
    I beat my personal best score last challenge with my level 21 survivors. I earned 922 stars and made it to 26.1 for the first time. I really didn't even have very many pieces of lvl 21 equipment fully upgraded so some were still using fully upgraded lvl 20 gear.

As for this week with the changes implemented, I don't think I will get quite that far. From my point of view that is because several of the maps this week are a bit more challenging to get stars than last week's challenge. Perhaps the changes will be more noticeable when we play a set of maps with no human enemies. Just a thought.
    WahooDawg
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    I'm staying at lvl 20's still, I've very easily made it to 900 and assuming I have the time shouldn't have an issue getting 1k where others in my guild are fighting hard to get 900 and probably impossible for them to get to 1k this week, most of them have lvl 21's and starting as rsl15.
    So I sayeth NO
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    sbfGuapoWahooDawgjammin
  • gcheong85gcheong85 Member Posts: 149
    Just a reminder, the walkers damage has been buffed and my survivors felt the pain with level 25 walkers 1 hit me into a struggle. Job well done, NG.
    WahooDawgSlowMoKaLixbamfx
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    @gcheong85 that's they're way of getting ppl like myself to upgrade to lvl 21 survivors.
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    WahooDawg
  • SmittySpivey3SmittySpivey3 Member Posts: 324
    I upgraded my first two this weekend but no decision on three needed since the cp bank is empty.
    WahooDawggespuer
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    This is disappointing. I was planning to make the upgrade to 21 soon, after getting some gear prepped first. But if it's still advantageous to stay at 20 then I guess I won't.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    InvaderWahooDawgGuapo
  • jamminjammin Member Posts: 55
    My lvl 21s are slightly stronger this challenge, but they didn't get any farther than last week. After advancing to RSL 27, it was the same brick wall. Still, I earned a handful of extra stars. One of our guild members made it through RSL 27 w lvl 21 survivors. Our challenge stars still aren't any better than our previous best lvl 20 performance, though.
    WahooDawg
  • WhispererWhisperer Member Posts: 103
    edited May 2017
    I think that considering the amount of stars collecting its the same if you have lvl 20 or lvl 21 survivors ,of course if you have upgraded weapons for that lvl 21 survivors on lvl 24 beacuse in the beggining with weapons on lvl 23 you make much less stars..

But if they add story missions in the future that 21 lvl survivors are going to be very useful and its gona be easier for players with them..

If you ask me my endgame is lvl 20 ,i do the same or even more stars than my guild members that have lvl 21 survivors.

If NG buff the lvl 21 survivors i maybe even change my opinion and start training survivors to lvl 21 but until they do that im stayin on lvl 20.
    CaptainslayerWahooDawg
  • gcheong85gcheong85 Member Posts: 149
    > @Warlord said:
    > Not sure. The adjustments weren't that much but factor in three Freeman maps instead of the normal one plus the shooter/hunter bonuses; I doubt anyone can give a definitive answer one way or the other. I can't as I stopped at 775 because I'm fed up dealing with all of the Freeman issues and really won't go over 740 in any challenge where Freeman are involved until they fix them. I don't mind losing stars in a fair fight, just not to glitchy combat logic that favors Freeman that NG has known about for months.

That's why i have a thread that NG do not give a s*** on the players issue if it is not related to income generator factor.
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    This is crazy that this chat is even happening honestly.. it's not a debate , endgamers will always be Nerfed permanently and that's just the way it is . Sorry guys
    CaptainslayerWahooDawg
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    It's like your walker pit, upgrading to 21 is a detriment.
    paintbeastWahooDawg
  • TXbossTXboss Member Posts: 36
    I have decent experiential evidence to suggest that upgrading to lvl 24 does enable players to gain 50-100 more stars.

I have two accounts: one team of 33, all non-heroes legendary, with a fairly comprehensive array of weapons and armor upgraded to lvl 23. I'm maxed out on 906 stars with this account. The other team has 35, all non-heroes legendary, with a less comprehensive array of weapons and armor fully upgraded to lvl 24. This account is maxed out on 956 stars. I reckon is I had a fully comprehensive array of lvl 24 weapons, I might get another 50 stars.
    PigTeeceezyWahooDawg
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    With this week's challenge you can compare a challenge star count pre- and post-balance changes, which I personally think is important when making a comparison. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    gcheong85Guapo
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Great information @TXboss! Thank you for that.

I'm really torn at the moment because of this sniper rifle reward. If I claim it, I want to claim it level 21 in the hopes that, whether now or later, level 21 will be worth it. But to claim it 21 I have to upgrade a hunter to 21, giving me two survivors at 21.

I wasn't planning to move to 21 so soon. Two may or may not trigger the challenge change for me. And even if it doesn't, it leaves me one hero unlock away from 3 level 21s.

I don't think I have much a choice. I have to upgrade a hunter to get the rifle at 21. My plan and strategy of upgrading gear first, then survivors just won't work.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    WahooDawg
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Actually If you wanted an accurate comparison you can't change 2 or more variables. The best comparison would have been a boring one and that would have been to repeat the same maps as the last challenge as well as the same class bonuses.

The eye test though tells me I'm still getting screwed out of my level 14 and two levels of 19 and I'm still hitting a wall at level 26 so the improved characters didn't do anything earthshaking to make up for 106 lost stars.
    CaptainslayerWahooDawgInvader