New rescued Survivor levels! Do some players now hold advantage?

Comments

• jesterjester Member Posts: 2,751
    Game is now unbalanced with some players having a small advantage.
    1) I understand why it was done in regard to outposts. You can't have lvl 18 players raiding outposts with lvl 16 defenders. Unfortunately, since so many already have gotten them, you're going to have that exact problem. I have been trying to get the assault, but was waiting for the upgrade to proceed.

2) It seems most of the things which cause the most grief on these forums are changes which will effect individual leader boards. The bruiser change hit star and guild rankings. This one will change outpost rankings. I may just suit me to sit out of guilds and outposts and just casually play new story missions.
  • BluboyBluboy Member Posts: 20
    Game is now unbalanced with some players having a huge advantage.
    @zbot, they could have released this info in the update notes. Why didn't they? Put simply, two wrongs don't make a right!
    @zbot, they could have released this info in the update notes. Why didn't they? Put simply, two wrongs don't make a right!
    Teanut
  • SantescoSantesco Member Posts: 45
    Game is now unbalanced with some players having a significant advantage.
    Im honestly not bothering with all thats been written.
    There are games where this happens.
    What they did is:
    If its a pvp the lvl18 would be usable but in that said pvp it be set to lvl16.
    In all other content it would be lvl18
    so its restriction on taking higher lvls into the activity. Problem solved.
    the older players are rewarded with a survivor for being loyal to the game for so long
    new folks like me. Tough luck. If there wasnt a community i wouldn't even know what id be missing.

But in my personal opinion. Keep the high lvl survivors in the game. But flag these characters as unable to join in pvp activities or weekly challenges. This would take away the advantage other than farming xp/food so they'd still have their use in single player activities.
    P.s. might wanna put out a note of upcoming changes a week prior to update. Or have community give response on it first
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Let's just be reasonable, undo the sudden nerf of rescued survivors,
    And limit the lvl of survivors you can use in an outpost attack/defense to the player's max lvl, possibly highest trainable lvl at the time. Pronto.

We need to stop punishing all players because of something that could be abused by some. This - much like the nerfed Bruiser - was overcorrected.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,787
    Bluboy said:

If they released it earlier, what difference would that make? We have four day notice? The smart ones would rush to get theirs, and the late comers would still be in the same situation. This situation would still happen. It's not like you can forego the upgrade to play? Yes communication was dropped but you are killing the messenger. Most likely the talking points for the upgrade was passed onto the admins from devs.

The vocal minority seems to win by complaining. It maybe because I'm old but the early bird gets the worm. I don't want a trophy for participating. Don't complain, just get better.

[Deleted User]
  • FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    I waited to retry the nightmare/hard challenges until after I upgraded weapons and/survivors. The challenges where you got a high level survivor. It is darn near impossible to beat some of these challenges with a level 15 survivor. I have played them over and over and over with different teams. Lots of gas used to no avail. Why even try now for a crappy survivor?
    Felecia
    Lumpisdead
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    You all have to remember that outpost isn't being released tomorrow or even next week and probably not in the next couple of months the way things are going- so it's not a valid argument. By the time it is released we should HOPEFULLY (hint,hint devs) be able to get to lvl 18-20.
    While they'll have an advantage in already being able to farm higher level gear they won't get to upgrade it until we all are able to.
    As far as gameplay- c'mon everything doesn't need an easy button, nut up for the challenge and work on strategies.
    [Deleted User]Cherokee_RoseLumpisdead
  • DERRICKDERRICK Member Posts: 329
    I dont understand why next games doesnt ask the meaning of the players upFront. Like in a Bad cop movie. First shot then ask. I really think the guys who managed to get the 19 and 20 chars earned it. But in hindsight to outposts this is a extrem unfair advantage to everybody else. Thanks again next games
    ... .... ...... ...... ....... ... ......
    Lumpisdead

As stated before, they would be 1, 2 and possibly 3 smaller updates before Outposts will be available. That being said, it is extremely possible we will have lvl18 survivors by the time Outposts comes out. So the issue of using lvl18 rescued survivors to raid, most likely is just a bunch of pointless talk right now. Good that the issue is being brought up, but nothing to get upset over yet.

You all have to remember that outpost isn't being released tomorrow or even next week and probably not in the next couple of months the way things are going- so it's not a valid argument. By the time it is released we should HOPEFULLY (hint,hint devs) be able to get to lvl 18-20.

While they'll have an advantage in already being able to farm higher level gear they won't get to upgrade it until we all are able to.

As far as gameplay- c'mon everything doesn't need an easy button, nut up for the challenge and work on strategies.

@stuffnthangs, @Necroboogie, thank God some people have common sense.
    [Deleted User]Cherokee_RoseLumpisdead
  • CindyLouCindyLou Member Posts: 112
    Okay that's fine if you are happy with that but what are we supposed to do now? There's no reason to complete hard and nightmare. What do we do until the next update? Those kept me playing in between because I had something to work towards. I have nothing to do now there's nothing to earn. I literally have no reason to open the app except hit my little buttons for supplies and shoot the walkers. Maybe if I'm bored farm some and play some Challenge missions and gather some stars for my team so everyone can get some gear. Leaderboards aren't a reason to gather stars bc they're meaningless and no one has any legit advantage over another anymore or in the future to work towards besides exploits so there's no healthy competitiveness between guilds or even guild members. Just who has the time and desire to exploit the most. The reason to play the game today between updates is gone for me. I have lost the desire to do anything because There's no goal anywhere in sight and there's nothing to work for and nothing to earn. There's no purpose no one to save no one to earn and no meaning to this game anymore.
    BluboyLumpisdead[Deleted User]
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    There never was a point to gaining stars except for bragging rights - rewards sucked (a lil better now, but still need work), not allowing replay of stories is still a concern with the lack of new content- farming the same missions repeatedly does get boring as F (some people do use autoclick or whatever to farm - but what's the point of that?? Obviosly that find it boring as well...)

A lot of long time players have been literally begging for more content (missions), other types of mini games, and different types of content.
    It is relatively new game so everyone needs to have a little patience while they bring us new content and improve what we already have.
    TUCOCherokee_Rose
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    What I liked about this game was how they limit the levels you can get to. I was late joining this game, but I know that if I work hard I can start to catch up a bit and not be so far behind that its not worth it.

However now its just another step backwards.
  • CindyLouCindyLou Member Posts: 112
    edited February 2016
    @stuffnthangs

That's my point. The game was challenging before and now isn't challenging at all. I wanted to work for those survivors level 16s against 19s and 20s to save a survivor that I could add to my team. It was truly challenging and fun. That's gone. I don't care about gold. I want something that I can't buy to work towards. I can't buy a level 19 survivor no matter how much money I have but I can train my level 16s max their gear and with the right stragedy and maybe some luck and I might be able to do it. Maybe. After a month or two of grinding and finding good weapons. I don't want gold. I can buy 500 for 5 bucks.

I consider myself a pretty hardcore player of this game and I am not sure I have a reason to play anymore. I can't be the only one who feels and thinks this way. I think they ought to know that balancing players and making things fair can't overshadow a players motivation to play and motivation to earn something.
    Cherokee_RoseLumpisdead[Deleted User]Shut_Up
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    @CindyLou im on the same boat as you. The rescused surviors mission was what kept me motivated and training. I trained for weeks and used a lot of gold and gas trying to obtain these survivors. It gave me a sense of purpose to stay active and support NG; but after all these changes it has been a downward slope for me.

A change like this should have been mention to us beforehand and in the notes like they stated in the last update about communicating with us; but it took us after the update to find out for ourselves and all the wasted weeks of training, gas and gold for nothing.

I still feel baited and switch up. They really did hustle their loyal players and now I have to request a refund from apple and probably will not spend another $ in this game again.
    Lumpisdead

Oh nice, yet again NextGames fucks over the general community to favor their top 50 or so paying customers. This isn't shocking in the least bit. Why would you prevent everyone from getting these survivors and not get rid of them in the people who already posses them. Is it really that hard to balance a game properly? idiots.

@Vault112Recruiter, Grimey, you are back!!!!!
    [Deleted User]hottexasCherokee_Rose
  • TUCOTUCO Member Posts: 183
    Probably didn't need to lower survivor rewards if Outpost was the only reason since outposts won't be out for at least another update.

Now I wish I would have gone for them instead of gold during the gas event.

I'm not gonna get my panties in a bunch unless there comes a point where I have to fight those higher level survivors.
  • drinkydrinky Member Posts: 414
    @Vault112Recruiter welcome back Grimey
    Lev 58. Rick Rollers Elder

Check out this post from Jan 8th.

I realy like the "no more surprises in the future" line, yet here we are!
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    edited February 2016
    They've already stated that Outposts are coming in 1.7. We should expect only a single level more, since that's all they have ever done at a time. They may do another level bump shortly after. But 18 is the max that I think we can expect around the time outposts are released. That would still leave those players with the level 19 warrior with an advantage.

However, that warrior is an uncommon. A legendary 18 warrior would do more damage than an uncommon 19 warrior. The big question is how does level affect player vs player combat? If it's similar to how level influences combat against zombies, yes, there will be a slight difference, but it shouldn't be game breaking.

In general I think NG is trying to play their cards close to their chest, and it's likely because they don't want to commit to a certain direction for the game. If they definitively say something, then don't do it, a lot more people would be upset than if they keep their lips sealed and then drop surprises. That said, I do think there is a lot of room for improvement communicating with us.

This change does remove all incentive to complete hard and nightmare, and I won't be continuing my hard or nightmare playthrough until there are rewards worth obtaining from them. At the very least, hard should be 60g and nightmare should be 120g for completion. Not the same 30g reward as completing on normal.
    CindyLou
  • steste Member Posts: 108
    Yeah I'm a bit dissapointed mostly because I saw this coming from playing the beta but too late to do anything about it. Weirdly enough I think this probably unbalances the game more.
    If the higher level survivors were still in game then at least anyone could get them. Now it's just the few who got them earlier. I'd never suggest taking them off the people that already have them. I know how difficult it was to get the level 16 warrior. I'd say put them back in because it was a fun challenge getting them with underpowered survivors with a nice reward for the effort.
    CindyLoujester
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    edited February 2016
    Edit: found it
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/18579/#Comment_18579
    Note february 2nd date is prior to 1.6. I guess he does say 'at least one more patch' which would include 1.6, but does leave the window open for another patch.
  • mindsoremindsore Member Posts: 70
    No player receives an advantage due to this change.
    Ok let me lol and be a big jerk here. I am a "lucky one"who put in the time and work to grab up a level 17 uncommon assault, keep in mind I'm a level 41 player. Let's look at it realistically...... before I got the "unfair" addition, when I did luck into opening one of those "magical" gold boxes it only had in it rare level 13 or epic level 12 goods(both are scrap to me) now I open a gold or silver - or gold box .find level 16-18 common & uncommon. All is still scrap..... and not at a much higher scrap rate considering when I go into a deadly mission the walkers start out two levels higher than my field team. those how missed out..... didn't miss much, just saying
    zoson said:

Edit: found it
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/18579/#Comment_18579
    Note february 2nd date is prior to 1.6. I guess he does say 'at least one more patch' which would include 1.6, but does leave the window open for another patch.

Hey @zoson, "Regarding the time frame, there will be at least one more update before Outposts are released globally. Maybe even two updates. Maybe even more! The team don't want to ship something to you that isn't completely awesome, which is why we're doing this whole beta test in the first place. We need to allow for possible changes to the feature based on your feedback."

I read that as it will be a while. The beta testing is finding tons of bugs and flaws and it takes a while to release the update so here's hoping for a few more updates to get the outpost right instead of rushing it.
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,751
    In order to get one lvl 18 survivor, it world take at a minimum 3.9m in supplies to upgrade the outpost and another 5.1m to upgrade the training grounds. I'm guessing at least 1m in xp. (This is all being very low on the numbers. )

Those who already got them have at least a 9m supply and 1m xp advantage any way you look at it.
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    edited February 2016
    If the cap is 18 by the time outposts are released, then there is no harm in allowing everyone to get the lvl 18 scout....

The only issue I have is if someone has something that someone else cannot get, then the game is unfair... plain and simple.

So what happens if I face someone who has lvl 17,18 survivors and I only have 16? How is that balanced? Same scenario and everyone has 17,18 survivors... Seems a lot more balanced to me...

Lumpisdead
  • mindsoremindsore Member Posts: 70
    No player receives an advantage due to this change.
    My level 17 uncommon assault does about the same weak body shots on level 17-19 walkers as my level 15 epic and rare assault do with the same gear equipped. I'm not seeing advantage.
This discussion has been closed.