Outpost TG blockers : valid tactic or annoying?

I'm fed up with having to draw with opponents, or kill them all if I can be bothered, when all I want is the TG. I loved the "all I want is you TG" confessional thread ages ago but it seems blocking is back as a tactic. So why are people blocking again?
pradiATLAS-Z

Comments

• psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,277
    Mine are there for the taking. I don't put much thought into my defenders but the majority of the time, my defense wins.
    Gotta bring a scout when you're raiding. If the TG are still unattainable, it's bloodshed time. Pick and choose your battles like you said. It can get annoying.
    InvaderTHCrossThanosOfTitan
  • ricktadaricktada Member Posts: 111
    I always just nick the TG when I raid, or bugger off if I see a blocker or two.

I'm not sure why people block though, hence the post. Why not just let raiders get the TG and piss off?

Anyone who blocks/defends on outpost and wants to comment I'm interested why.
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    I'm still new and I like the challenge of raiding TGs. Are most people just scouting to the TG's and not even bothering with killing the survivors? Most of the ones I raid, the defense is up.
  • ricktadaricktada Member Posts: 111
    Thanks @Mabiki , couldn't have put it better. I just don't know why people waste defenders when the TG are on offer.

I'm struggling to understand blocking and aggressive attacking when most people are playing nice and making it easy.
  • PowerUKPowerUK Member Posts: 85
    Easy is boring
    SCBMA淡水地鼠[Deleted User]ekimhclew
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    edited May 2017
    I got 3× 1 star lvl 9's hiding in the corner defending my outpost with tg 2 steps from gate they get slaughtered every time
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    xbamfxDavid_H79THCrossjamminekimhclew
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 772
    Dodkong said:

My TGs are scout accessible and not blocked. Though I am in the process of setting my defenders up to be a pain in the ass to those who are looking for a pound of flesh as well.

Come in peace, take the freebies and be on your merry way. There's no need to initiate hostilities. :smile:

If you want people to take your TGs and leave, why not make them accessible to any class and not just Scout accessible?
    Steeboon
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 2,046
    I remember that experiment @Movado. Then you stacked the team with your pink stars ;)
    Movado
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 980
    Can't it be both?
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    tabernac said:

Dodkong said:

My TGs are scout accessible and not blocked. Though I am in the process of setting my defenders up to be a pain in the ass to those who are looking for a pound of flesh as well.

Come in peace, take the freebies and be on your merry way. There's no need to initiate hostilities. :smile:

If you want people to take your TGs and leave, why not make them accessible to any class and not just Scout accessible?
    Good question. So I just went into my outpost to rectify that and it seems at some point I did change my set up to enable any class to grab the TGs. And then promptly forgot that I did so.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    IRONDeeGrimGael
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 772
    Dodkong said:

Good question. So I just went into my outpost to rectify that and it seems at some point I did change my set up to enable any class to grab the TGs. And then promptly forgot that I did so.

@Dodkong Ah, that's pisser. But at least you're doing everything you can. I remember reading awhile back that some folks like @Movado don't bring Scouts when they go raiding... I want to make it stunningly apparent that I don't want any part of that action. =)

• bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    Mine has been open and for the taking for some while now. However I'm abt to change it up tonight and block the tg. Why? I keep getting people attempting to kill my guys anyway and at least half the time I end up w 20-27 more influence points. I'm good. I don't want to go up a new tier, so blocking is the only option unfortunately.
    I think people that don't go for the kill are the minority in terms of the game as a whole, not just the forum.
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    I don't kill if I don't have to. A scout can get my tg in one move, but you'll likely end up with hospital time if you choose to attack me.
    Chrang
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 2,046
    My people take, we don't bother ;)
    1RisGuapoMrsScattercushionSPC_TORRES
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    I guess, until I get to platinum level III, I will likely kill everyone to advance tiers. At platinum, I would likely just grab the TG.
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 980
    And then you will die.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    SCBMAxbamfx
  • zerosouLzerosouL Member Posts: 190
    Outpost was meant for fightinig, not for easy farming and hording TG. I think they need to up the rewards based on hows outpost defense is doing but up the difficulty aswell. Opening TG crate should take like 2 turns to eliminate lame scout farming and force people to play this gamemode properly. Most of the raids are plain boring cause of people like you that only cares about the TG.
    DoTakCaptainslayerNeil_Jgcheong85GuapoPowerUKpaintbeastJayZGrimGaelJadenMinistrbiter370ekimhclewSmittySpivey3
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    There is no need for fighting. TG is currency. Stars are nearly nothing.
    Chrang
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565

I got 3× 1 star lvl 9's hiding in the corner defending my outpost with tg 2 steps from gate they get slaughtered every time

So what's your strategy? You try to lower your influence? :D
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

• GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @ricktada Blocking TGs is valid tactics. Is somebody wants to do so, there is no force to change his/her mind. I remember all those threads about offering free TGs, but it is not working. Maybe for some ppl from forum, but many others care about their TGs even though then are not loosing any.
    I personally raid "only" for TGs too, dont need/want to raise my influence. Even allowing others to raise theirs with my LLS and lvl1 equip. What bothers me is, that outposts are still broken. Being offered same target(with low TGs) for 2-3 times(8 times in row happened too), getting 10+ influence for winning raid, loosing 0-2 influence for lost defence, triggering hero traits that are not present etc. Hope NG adressed those in next update.
    For some time raids were significant part of my gameplay(made myself comfortable reserve of 350k TGs), but now Im going lower and lower, not only because of spending those, but also because of not raiding as much because of said problems. Give me my lust for TGs and blood(sometimes) back.
    Btw if I can, I kill spawned walkers and 1-2 defenders for bonus XP, even in case TGs are not blocked at all. Just trying to avoid hospital time.
    gespuerricktadaljr6jvhv4
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    @gespuer yeah I was in the 5k tier but to much effort for too little reward and i noticed alot of ppl on the forum are around 4.5k so wanted to lower to maybe see some familar names also a bit of a social experiment to see if forum ppl (who say they only go for tg will kill my guys)
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    gespuerGuapo
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    And for the philosophical out there, consider this. NML outposts prove that you can have a "tragedy of the commons" even with unlimited resources. What's that say about human nature?
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    capibarajammin
  • zerosouLzerosouL Member Posts: 190
    Its was designed as pvp "kinda" gamemode and you keep crying that you just want to farm TG without any real pvp. Nobody is forcing you to play it anyway since you can earn TG via typical pve gamemodes already. Consider that some of us really want to play more competetive pvp mode with more balanced outpost mechanics.
    GuapoJayZJaden