[Trait] Lucky

Let's discuss what the trait "Lucky" is...
Survivor: Increases luck by 5%/10%/15%
Weapon: Increases luck by 5%/10%/15%
Armor: Currently not available

Comments

• jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    For me, I've currently only paid enough attention to see it occur the words "LUCKY" after I've killed a walker, followed by giving me some bonus "XP" to the ones rewarded from killing a walker.

For example: I kill a walker, 50XP is rewarded for the kill, then "LUCKY" pops up, and then gives me 45XP again.
  • chrisksychrisksy Member Posts: 34
    Maybe "lucky" is only related to gaining bonus "XPs"..?
  • HollywoodHollywood Member Posts: 23
    No, cause lucky happen just with Crit hit. Prob u didnt note u killed 2 dirrent walkers level.....
  • DeadRavenDeadRaven Member Posts: 5
    I think luck affects every variable, that has a random dice throw. At first I thought it was only giving me more critical hits.
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    maybe luck affects the number of rare boxes you may get after the mission..
    maybe..
    mheeka
  • OldGothOldGoth Staff Posts: 297
    Luck affects every roll in combat (for example crits, dodges). It has no effect outside of combat. It is pretty powerful.
    SenoiaSurvivorray5545
  • PnubPnub Member Posts: 49
    Luck is my favorite trait, as is true can get a lucky pop up on dodge, crit. Less body shots
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    @OldGoth So luck percentage is additive to dodge? Luck usually works as a second roll at a certain percentage for any roll...
    edited November 2015
    I (as in me only) am just taking luck as a useless trait atm since nothings said about it from the devs. From my crit test, it didn't even matter if I had luck or not.
    Let me explain how I think it works.
    Say you have a survivor with 25% dodge.
    Now, a zombie takes a swing at your guy.
    Your dodge roll fails.
    A second roll occurs for luck based on your luck %.
    So if you have 15% luck, you've got another roll with 15% chance to dodge.
    edited November 2015
    zoson said:

Let me explain how I think it works.

Say you have a survivor with 25% dodge.

Now, a zombie takes a swing at your guy.

Your dodge roll fails.

A second roll occurs for luck based on your luck %.

So if you have 15% luck, you've got another roll with 15% chance to dodge.

Idk @zoson, is there a way to prove this?
    PS: I'm not doubting this is wrong, I'm just questioning if it's how lucky works.
    The only way to test it would be to keep track of the number of times you get hit and the number of times you get a dodge marked lucky. It should average out to about for every 85 times you get hit, you get lucky 15 times.

I think it works this way because it's how luck has worked traditionally in other games. It doesn't make sense to just add luck % to the raw statistics of the initial rolls. Just because you're lucky doesn't increase your chance to dodge by x %. 25% dodge is 25% dodge, and 15% lucky is 15% lucky.

One thing that infers that this is the way it works, is I'm pretty sure I've seen a lucky dodge come from one of my survivors that has 0% dodge chance.
    zoson said:

The only way to test it would be to keep track of the number of times you get hit and the number of times you get a dodge marked lucky. It should average out to about for every 85 times you get hit, you get lucky 15 times.

I think it works this way because it's how luck has worked traditionally in other games. It doesn't make sense to just add luck % to the raw statistics of the initial rolls. Just because you're lucky doesn't increase your chance to dodge by x %. 25% dodge is 25% dodge, and 15% lucky is 15% lucky.

One thing that infers that this is the way it works, is I'm pretty sure I've seen a lucky dodge come from one of my survivors that has 0% dodge chance.

That's a good inference, however that implies that dodge rate and criticals are not a stat already self imposed to the survivor. Until @Overwatcher or @TK-421 or some other admin comes to tell us... I will stick to what I do know actually happens. I'll have to try to get more lucky items+critical, and then try it out later on, (hopefully I can find some =S).
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    only the dev knows what it really is.. all we have is guess based on experience.
  • JordiJordi Member Posts: 7
    Sometimes when you shoot it says 'LUCK' in big letters and then you crit.
    That means you did not crit because of your crit chance, but because of your luck.

Same thing can happen with dodge where you get the message 'LUCK'.
    zoson
  • OldGothOldGoth Staff Posts: 297
    The Luck percentage is added to the base percentage on a single roll. Not separate rolls. It only affects the rolls the survivor makes, not the walkers' rolls.
    zoson
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    The word "lucky" appears at the end. After all the critical hit, dodge, xp gain, etc..

edited November 2015
    OldGoth said:

The Luck percentage is added to the base percentage on a single roll. Not separate rolls. It only affects the rolls the survivor makes, not the walkers' rolls.

WHOA!!!!! CONFIRMATION EVERYONE! "Lucky" DOES add onto your survivor rolls! Thank you @OldGoth !!

So I'm thinking this mean... 15% lucky = +15% Critical/Dodge
    @jureforjustice That's what my takeaway from OldGoth's message is too. Making luck REALLY strong. This means it's actually possible to get 60% dodge with legendary survivors/equipment.

gold luck and gold dodge on the survivor traits(legendary only) +15% x2
    gold dodge on armor +15%
    gold luck on weapon +15%
    ... Also 30% additional crit chance. Yowza.

This totally changes how I'm going after equipment and survivors now.
    jureforjustice
  • ConnConn Member Posts: 138
    @zoson

This would also give a scout with a 15% of a "swift attack" a 45% chance, which would be an absolute buff to scouts, now we know this.

My scout happens to have 2x 15% luck trait and 2x 10% Dodge + the 15% free attack. Ill be testing this out if i get stuck on challenge and make a post About it to how it seems to work.
    Groupme Info:
    Name: Ralph (Conn)
    Email: [email protected]
    zoson
    Assuming it applies to interrupt rolls, silver interrupt(80%) is awesome if you also have 15% luck.
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Member Posts: 199
    Now that it has been a couple of days since this revelation, has the lucky trait become one of your favorite traits now?
  • GendorGendor Member Posts: 9
    I hate Luck. Getting lucky should never be more useful than being tactical. There are way to many times where not being lucky has screwed me over, and how is that fair? It's not.
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    Its the zombie apocalypse - its definitely better to be lucky than to be good.
    blenderhead
This discussion has been closed.