I NEED ADVICE! 2 ASSAULT SURVIVORS, SHOULD I KEEP BOTH or KEEP ONE & INVEST TOKENS?

kjmia421kjmia421 Member Posts: 57
Hello everyone!

I have been trying to make a decision on my own, as far as what I should (or shouldn't) do regarding these two Assault-class (non-hero) survivors that I've had with me for quite a while. I had Michelle first, and she was my only non-hero assault Survivor and I had just upgraded her to legendary status, when I came across "TheBadBoy" (yes I changed his name lol) that same day, liked his initial traits, saw potential and brought him on the roster. I have put a lot of training and tokens into him since then and he is now right on the verge of reaching legendary status as well, so my questions are:

1. Should I let Michelle go and Invest her 487 or so tokens and 200K XP into making TheBadBoy (TBB for short) my one go-to Legendary non-hero Assault survivor who will kick ass from now until forever?

*I also have Epic, about to be Legendary, Rosita on my roster who has been my my go-to for a while now, so honestly I think Michelle wouldn't be much of a loss -- I don't even really ever use her, but maybe I'm missing something you guys will see*

2. Keep both of them and wait even longer than I have already, until I am able to make TBB as amazing as he should be and as I want him to be, on top of my Epic Rosita and my Rare Rufus (rarely use)?

3. Get rid of one (either Michelle or TBB) or both of them, but only once I find a survivor with (your recommended traits for the best assault-class survivor) and invest all of the tokens/xo into the newbie whenever I find them?
*extra option that I didn't think of until now, although I don't think getting rid of both is a smart move, specifically TBB because of his traits/abilities, but I'm open to hearing any opinions!*

I obviously favor TBB, but I can be impulsive with decisions and although im pretty experienced with the game at this point (my survivors lvls range between 15-17) -- with mostly lvl 15 that are about to be trained to lvl 16, along with one lvl 16 & one lvl 17 survivor recently picked up while playing the story missions -- I am far from being as experienced with the game or as advanced into the game as most of you guys, especially as far as knowing what the best traits are for my survivors in the long run (once I get to lvl 20-21 and max out).

Any and all input would be much appreciated!

Thank you!!!

Player Level: 53 ~ Guild: ourgroup - Rank: Leader
anniesprinkles

Comments

• kjmia421kjmia421 Member Posts: 57
    I included pictures before submitting this post, but I can't see them now for some reason, so I am going to attach them to this post as files instead of pictures.
    anniesprinkles
  • ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 775
    I wouldn't get rid of her, but I would definitely promote him. If you can get strong with your 5th trait, that would be awesome
    mudpieanniesprinkles
    I wouldn't get rid of her, but I would definitely promote him. If you can get strong with your 5th trait, that would be awesome
    kjmia421
    Hello everyone!

I have been trying to make a decision on my own, as far as what I should (or shouldn't) do regarding these two Assault-class (non-hero) survivors that I've had with me for quite a while. I had Michelle first, and she was my only non-hero assault Survivor that I had for a while. A month ago or so, I had just upgraded her to legendary status, when I came across "TheBadBoy" (yes I changed his name lol) that same day. I liked his initial traits, saw potential and brought him on the roster. Since then, I have put a lot of training and tokens into developing him and he is currently right on the verge of reaching legendary status as well. If I had come across him earlier, I would definitely have chosen to make him legendary rather than Michelle -- because he is the better survivor (in my opinion/view) so my questions are:

1. Should I let Michelle go and Invest her 487 or so tokens and 200K XP into making TheBadBoy (TBB for short) my one go-to Legendary non-hero Assault survivor who will kick ass from now until forever?

*I also have Epic, about to be Legendary, Rosita on my roster who has been my my go-to for a while now, so honestly I think Michelle wouldn't be much of a loss -- I don't even really ever use her, but maybe I'm missing something you guys will see*

2. Keep both of them and wait even longer than I have already, until I am able to make TBB as amazing as he should be and as I want him to be, on top of my Epic Rosita and my Rare Rufus (rarely use)?

3. Get rid of one (either Michelle or TBB) or both of them, but only once I find a survivor with (your recommended traits for the best assault-class survivor) and invest all of the tokens/xo into the newbie whenever I find them?

*extra option that I didn't think of until now, although I don't think getting rid of both is a smart move, specifically TBB because of his traits/abilities, but I'm open to hearing any opinions!*

I obviously favor TBB, but I can be impulsive with decisions and although im pretty experienced with the game at this point (my survivors lvls range between 15-17) -- with mostly lvl 15 that are about to be trained to lvl 16, along with one lvl 16 & one lvl 17 survivor recently picked up while playing the story missions -- I am far from being as experienced with the game or as advanced into the game as most of you guys, especially when it comes to knowing what the best traits are for my survivors in the long run (i.e. once I get to lvl 20-21 and max out).

Any and all input would be much appreciated!

Thank you!!!

• sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    The Bad Boy has the first 4 traits that I would want an assault to have. If that fifth trait is iron skin, you've got a total badass.

In an ideal setting here's what I would do: Keep them both until you can promote TBB to legendary and see what that fifth trait is, and make your decision then. However, with the combo of traits he has, even if he gets something like defensive stance, he's still better than Michelle, in my opinion. I don't find any overwatch traits to be useful in assaults because they already do so little damage, putting them in overwatch is likely a waste of a turn, plus Michelle is missing a key trait that I require my ranged survivors to have, which is marksman. Bullet dodge isn't something I would look for, since I play mostly challenges and there aren't that many maps with ranged freemen, I'll just put some armor on them with bullet dodge and go on my merry way. If I lose a few stars on much higher rsl's so be it, since that trait is likely helping out on maps without ranged freemen.

If you can't wait, I'd say get the tokens necessary to promote TBB, even if it means retiring Michelle. If you can wait, then I'd say wait.
    DoTakPigkjmia421tabernac
    Thank you @sbf , your advice/input is actually extremely helpful to me as far as this whole situation goes. I definitely agree with pretty much everything in your post and a lot of it got me thinking about other factors I didn't even consider/know about yet. Also, your advice that best thing to do right now would be to wait to get TBB to legendary and see what his 5th trait is before retiring Michelle, is right on point and I should do this -- I just keep imagining the possibilities if I were able to use all Michelle's tokens to make him legendary and then focus solely on leveling him up from there on out (wow I'm impatient).

Also, retaliate has always been my favorite trait in pretty much every class, because it has been the saving grace in many challenges when I'm like 3+ RSL above my own as well as in outpost missions and story missions (when I play them between challenges.) Since getting Ezekiel, who is now Epic, retailiate has still remained high on my list of "necessary" traits, but is not as important to me as it used to be as his leader trait pretty much allows all survivors to retaliate when I bring him on as the leader for challenges. This can be limiting, because I don't always want to use him on runs/missions/etc. What are your views on retaliate?

When I first got Michelle, I really knew next to nothing about traits and their importance overall or I probably wouldn't of accepted her to begin with, the day that I used the assault tokens to make her legendary shortly before coming across TBB on a radio call (the same day!!!), I did it out of impulsivity -- I was just excited to make my first assault legendary once the opportunity arose.

As you can see, my impulsive nature works against me a lot, lol, so I think heeding your advice and waiting until I can make TBB legendary will be for the best.
    Side note: I'll be very sad if his last trait is bullet dodge :'(:s:(
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,054
    There is no armor with bullet dodge. It's bullet proof that's on armor, bullet dodge only on survivors.

Other than that I agree.

But he wouldn't be bad even if he got bullet dodge. Iron skin would be much better, of course, but he is already really good now and even if the fifth trait was less than ideal, he will still be better than her.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    kjmia421
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    if he gets bullet dodge just throw him in outpost but i agree with what all was said in earlier post
    kjmia421mudpie
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    Whoops. @Jaden you're right. I still toss on an armor with bulletproof when there are freemen instead of seeking out survivors with bullet dodge and eat the lost star that I might still lose if I had bullet dodge.

@kjmia421 For non-heroes, retaliate is only on melee survivors, and is a must have for me. Lots of players have different "must-haves" for traits, but retaliate is in all of them for melee. For my melee survivors it's retaliate, luck, dodge, and strong. Ezekiel is great for story missions, since your whole team gets an extra attack (or an improved attack with melee doing more damage), but I never use him.

Early on, I didn't know anything about traits and just went along utilizing whatever traits my survivors had, and not knowing I wasn't getting things right. A few of those survivors had great traits and I still use them today (I got lucky). A bunch of them became token fodder.
    kjmia421mudpie
  • mudpiemudpie Member Posts: 60
    @kjmia421 Just like @ekimhclew said, definitely keep TheBadBoy! Strong or I would prefer Iron Skin. (but would still be happy with strong) Keep Michelle until someone better but I personally wouldn't invest any more tokens in her. TheBadBoy is Bad a*s!
    Member in Morbid Spirits
    kjmia421anniesprinkles
  • TraeTrae Member Posts: 440
    I would keep both also. Once he is promoted and you know his final trait, then decide.
    Looking for a guild that’s Fun and Drama Free?
    Come to our Den & Find your Zen ☮️
    To discuss which Den is best for you, please
    message me, comment below, request into one of our guilds
    or Email us [email protected]
    ❣️ To Make Our Home Your Home ❣️
    mudpieekimhclewkjmia421anniesprinkles
    edited June 2017
    Wait, i just realized I said that a ranged survivor could get strong with their 5th trait lol I agree with @mudpie if you could get iron skin that would be awesome.

Since he's a ranged survivor, bullet dodge wouldn't be bad imo either. I know a lot of people don't like that trait but it helps me all the time. Especially if you put him in the outpost. Although, I don't really like sure shot on an outpost survivor. If history repeats itself though, you'll probably get defensive stance with your last trait lol
    anniesprinkleskjmia421mudpie
    Anddd the result was.... vigilant:

I retired Michelle after that, because as most of you stated, TBB's first four traits were far better than her's anyway. Thank all of you guys for your advice and input!

Also, what is your view on Vigilant as his last trait? It's not as epic as Iron Skin would have been (unfortunately), but is it beneficial at least in this case?
    anniesprinklesmudpieJaden
    Anddd the final trait was.... Vigilant

I retired Michelle after that, because as most of you stated, TBB's first four traits were far better than her's anyway. Thank all of you guys for your advice and input!

Also, what is your view on Vigilant as his last trait? It's not as epic as Iron Skin would have been (unfortunately), but is it beneficial at least in this case?
    mudpie
    For some reason my original post about this that never actually ended up showing up on the forum before I created a new post (this post) the other day, has also shown up now.. Can they be merged somehow?
    mudpieVladoII
    It really depends on your particular playing style. If you are an overwatch player then it's a great one. If you aren't, like me, then it's not so great. It could be worse though.
    kjmia421mudpieJaden
    Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of it, although I use it sometimes. But, like you said, it definitely could have been worse!
    mudpie
    @kjmia421 I don't know which post to comment on. I guess they got a new system going & it's doubling posts & some people are getting badges like crazy because of it.

I'm no expert, I was just going to lvl up my survivors to lvl 18 a week ago and my account was lost. I've started all over and I'm only at survivor lvl 7 now. LOL

I think you did okay with vigilant, but I don't think you should have got rid of Michelle. Vigilant and Defensive Stance that are the most confusing of all the survivor traits for me to understand. I know that some of the top challengers say their the best two traits to have especially together, but I don't know. Your going to want another assault, I do know that!

I haven't had vigilant on an assault yet, but I love my shooter that has it. I think vigilant is prefered on ranged vs. defensive stance on melee.

For me what makes these traits so hard to understand is I don't know when the heck that they are triggered. I wish I could find a video showing this and maybe somebody reading this knows where to point one out.

I would be totally happy with TheBadBoy! I think the Vets would say he's a well rounded assault and that's what I use the most, right now anyway.

I also want to add if you got rid of Michelle because you want to hurry up and start pinkies, which we all want to do, I've been told by several to just slow down and take my time getting there. You'll be in a much better spot then the people who just want to pinkie survivors as fast as they can.

Good luck!!!!
    Member in Morbid Spirits
    anniesprinkles
  • 淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
    I suggest u could upgrade different types of assaults and see how they behave in real combat

Having at least 3survivors in all classes would be very helpful during the buff evet

Saving all the the token to get a 8pink-star ASAP is good also
    mudpieanniesprinkles
  • MinistrMinistr Member Posts: 105
    Why are so many people thinking he could have gotten Strong?
    anniesprinkles
    @Ministr It was a mistake, it was realized in following thread. "We're only human".
    Member in Morbid Spirits
    anniesprinkles