Changes to End-Game Stats: Discussion Thread

13»

Comments

• RiggsRiggs Member Posts: 86
    @Shteevie @Teeceezy sorry guys nothing has changed in a fair balanced way in my opinion. Those who areon 21 have still an big disadvantage in number of stars at challenges. But i think you see this to you have your "data" and you see also how many people have done the step after rebalancing" to level 21. i dont think that this will be an significant number. From week to week my disappointment grows. I lost my hope in you that you solve this matter properly
    Crossgcheong85
  • RiggsRiggs Member Posts: 86
    @TransmuteJun they said to us now we should get further making more stars. Where is the logic that you earn same stars with much more bleeding snd healing because of higher rsl and investing so much time upgrading and xp or money for gear. Before they start nerfing the starting levels i was around the best five in my guild, now i am struggling to be number 10-13. you cantcompare youre star account with your guild mates because you dont know exactlx who is starting st which level.
    gespuerMaverick1969Conan1976
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    I made it through RSL 29/1
    Now I need a break ;)
    Assault bonus helped a lot, but I still think with 21 survivors you can score higher than with 20.
    :)
    PigTheLostOnes
    @Conan1976 and what is with all the other survivor levels?
    CaptainslayerGuapo
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    Everyone start at the same level like the old 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, .etc, problem solve.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    David_H79
    Everyone starts at RSL 3.
    Problem solved?
    Doesn't seems so.
    With much time you can reach RSL 18 before the challenge is over.
    Doesn't sounds funny for me.
    xbamfxGuapo
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    edited June 2017
    > @David_H79 said:
    > Everyone starts at RSL 3.
    > Problem solved?
    > Doesn't seems so.
    > With much time you can reach RSL 18 before the challenge is over.
    > Doesn't sounds funny for me.

For having more than 3 level 21 survivors:

15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20.1, 20.2, 20.3, 21.1, 21.2, 21.3, 22.1, 22.2, 22.3, .etc

14 rounds to 22.3

3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22.1, 22.2, 22.3,.etc

14 rounds to 22.3

You can adjust the repeating triple rounds on same level to reduce the total rounds.
    It make more sense that triple repeating rounds only start when higher than your survivors level THAN currently lower that have no challenge at all.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    @Monsuta
    Sorry but I still don't agree.
    I really don't want to fight against Level 3,5 or 11 walkers anymore.
    That's in no possible way funny.

And to add I would prefer less warm ups and additional less repeating levels of the same RSL.

With my statement above I only wanted to say I don't want to start at RSL 14 again.

That you start higher with higher level survivors, it's the way challenge 2.0 works till it was introduced.

It's the same for ALL levels not only 21.
    CaptainslayerGuapo
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 242
    The simple, easy answer that works for everyone is to let each player choose his own starting level for each challenge. You want to play more, you pick a lower starting level. You want a quicker challenge, you pick a higher starting level.

The only reason that NG would not allow us to choose our own starting level is that they are concerned that higher level players might get some extra rewards. However, the rewards for higher level players at the lower levels of challenges don't mean much to them. A few extra tokens are not going to move the needle much for higher level players.

I think NG would actually make more money with higher levels of player satisfaction if they let players choose their own starting level for challenges. NG, think about giving this idea a test. Try it for a week; you might be pleasantly surprised with the results.
    CaptainslayerGuapo
  • biter370biter370 Member Posts: 118
    I personally did my best score ever this week with the level 21 survivors and 24 level gear.
    I was able to beat challenge level 29:1 which also was a high for me. but I would like NG to move the RSL back to 14 for level 21 players since I still see a slight advantage going to the level 20 players in my guild because they start at level 14.
    Just my two cents worth!
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 961
    @TransmuteJun I can assure you if they let me go back down to start at rsl 14 I will earn approximately 120 additional stars every single challenge. It's based on survivor levels it has nothing to do with your camp level.
    gespuerGuapo
  • afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 503
    Pretty obvious for some time this game is just gonna be a money maker for NG to expand to more money making games. The advertising fees for 3 more lock box keys weren't enough so they had to make more ways to earn more real $...
    Guts & Glory, not always in that order.
  • biter370biter370 Member Posts: 118
    You guys are correct that you can get further now and the game is more equal for all levels but one thing you are not stating, by moving up you lost the equipment that was previously purchased or earned, now you have to start over and purchase or earn more equipment.
    Especially the purchased gear, time, resources and real money you spent is gone for what so you can be almost equal to those that did not upgrade?
    Come on where is the incentive to upgrade if you do not get some advantage?
    romeopradi
    You obviously can go further you have stronger weapons and gear but you still lose out on those extra stars, that's all i mean.
    romeo
  • RuhrpottRuhrpott Member Posts: 97
    @RickGrames I think your shot was a boby shot, and that gun is low. ;)
  • RuhrpottRuhrpott Member Posts: 97
    ...sry, low for this mission, but very use full to solved other missions
  • Cherokee_RoseCherokee_Rose Moderator Posts: 794
    I did not lose any equipment by leveling up. I had only upgraded maybe 3 pieces of equipment before leveling my survivors. They were still running around with their previous equipment while I was upgrading other equipment and some of them still are using their old equipment until I find something I want to upgrade.

I didn't lose my time because there are new upgrades either. I like playing the game and that has been a part of playing, finding equipment to upgrade, and now I'm just upgrading new equipment while I continue to play. Nor have I lost any money because of upgrades. I typically don't buy weapon bundles though I do occasionally support the game monetarily in other ways. The last weapon bundle I bought was sometime last summer, I still have the weapon even though I don't use it, and I think I got my money's worth out of it because I used it for a while earning my stars week to week. That's the beauty of this game, it's free to play. I can spend if I want, but I don't have too. It's a personal choice.

I know this seems to be an issue in some guilds where those that haven't leveled score more than those that have leveled. I don't seem to have that problem. Some of them were close at the end of the challenge yes, but not ahead.
    David_H79
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Weapons and armor becoming obsolete as you level your survivors is a part of the game at every level. Nothing different about that aspect when going from 10 to 11 or 20 to 21.

As far as "lost stars," since walkers and survivors now scale at the same rate for all levels, I don't think this opinion has much merit since progression now follows the same rules at every level.

I look forward to getting my team to level 21 to add my own anecdotal proof that there is no inherent disadvantage of fewer stars, but since I'm just starting to get my survivors to level 20, it will be a while before I can do that.

I can say that most of my guild is at level 21, and several of them set new personal bests in the last Kill Em All/Fight It Out challenge. That includes some who broke 1,000 stars for the first time ever. They clearly have not "lost" 120 stars from upgrading.
    Cherokee_RoseTransmuteJunDavid_H79
    @Mabiki you have a valid point since the recent correction done by NG to level 21 Max gear. I'm not going to put much stock into kill em all/fight it out challenge results as those are much less strategy involved and less obstacles to hold you back so many people in my guild and many other guilds did considerably better then previous challenges. I'm going to wait and see how I and others perform in the upcoming challenges. For the moment though it seems you may be correct overall with your opinion on star accrual from 20-21.
    JadenDavid_H79
  • RWSRWS Member Posts: 289
    edited June 2017
    I agree with @xbamfx. Kill em all was a no Brainer challenge. I was one of he 1st in my guild to upgrade to level 21 survivors and start at RSL 15. The 1st week I definitely lost out on stars due to lack of upgraded equipment. However each week I was able to progress further once equipment was upgraded. This past challenge I finally broke 1200 stars. We also have several guild mates break 1000 for 1st time.
    David_H79
  • JenoJeno Member Posts: 3
    Hey ! French guild need you ! See you soon !! Cok6x !
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Ok, here's the weird thing.
    With L21 survivors and L24 weapons, I got my highest star count ever last week.
    Nope, I couldn't work out why either..... :/
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)