high challenge level gold reward crates... ???

hiplnsdrftrhiplnsdrftr Member Posts: 197
I busted my behind and made it to RSL 26 scoring 968 stars, my all time record. Despite this, the gold crates were giving me mostly green level 20 gear. Maybe I got an epic pistol level 21 once. The last couple rounds were a blast! An actual challenge. But the lack of meaningful crate rewards makes me feel like theres less incentive to bother...
exploiting the loophole loophole
romeotheldssdlpaintbeastgespuerRedEye52R2runfastbiter370JadenthebullDoTaksicarius

Comments

• ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 258
    I get one legendary pull a week from the challenges
    Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Green Horns
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,334
    Same problem here. Just XP, XP, XP from the Deluxe Crates.

NG hears but does not listen.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    This is because NG's view is that high level people should not be rewarded better than lower level people because they believe lower level people would feel discouraged to play...

• hiplnsdrftrhiplnsdrftr Member Posts: 197
    I spent real world money to get the gold to keep healing my guys towards the end... last time I do that. Loved the full set of kill all walker challenges, those are my favorite!
    exploiting the loophole loophole
    atrainofficial
  • R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    Scrapping is all I do and its borrrrring
    gespuerCRUSHsicarius
  • atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 255
    I can usually see and understand NG's point for why they do all the things they do that make us groan. However this last challenge i worked my butt off to reach my new personal best and reach the 1100 Token Crate. What did i get? - 18 Daryl tokens. The reward doesn't seem to match the amount of effort and gold i put in to accomplish that.
    Helio said:

This is because NG's view is that high level people should not be rewarded better than lower level people because they believe lower level people would feel discouraged to play...

As far as higher level players getting better rewards... uhh isn't that the point? shouldn't players be striving to reach just one more crate everytime? i understand the gold crates being random but Token Crates are the 3rd crate for a reason - that's the one we want. i should feel rewarded when
    i reach the 1100 token crate, not like i wasted my time and gold.
    sicarius
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 311

As far as higher level players getting better rewards... uhh isn't that the point? shouldn't players be striving to reach just one more crate everytime? i understand the gold crates being random but Token Crates are the 3rd crate for a reason - that's the one we want. i should feel rewarded when
    i reach the 1100 token crate, not like i wasted my time and gold.

Exactly. This is literally how most games work, it's fair and expected.

But I'd like to point out the tiered reward system should be based on how high above your personal RSL you get, thus it rewards all players not just elites getting 1200+ stars.
    gespuersicarius