Update Notes 2.6 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    edited June 2017
    I thank @PR0DJ by giving him all those badges he deserved & promoted him to Rare ;)

There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 980
    @jester yes some people screwed us all by asking for it. Let this be a lesson.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
  • WarlordWarlord Member Posts: 163
    edited June 2017
    @guapo. Unfortunately adding new levels to give us "new" content should be and probably is A LOT easier (translates to cost a lot less) to implement then a new story missions, fixing hero tokens, fixing Freeman combat logic, opening up closed story missions, walker pit fixes, or any number of things that could have been done that the user community has been clamouring for months.

We asked for new content and they gave it to us and I fully expect council 22 in 2.7 in August/September and council 23 in 2.8 in November/December with notices on various maxed buildings saying council 26 required to upgrade after the 2.8 update.
    JayZDavid_H79paintbeastCaptainslayer
    @Warlord TAG! You're it. Are we playing? I can't figure out what part of that was supposed to be for me.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    Captainslayer
    @jbuoy. With indications that at least council 23 are in NG's plans, my plan is to just upgrade the camp and that is it and stick with 21 gear and survivors until then. Why beat myself over the head with upgrade cycle like some hamster on a wheel? Once it settles down, then make the push, maybe around spring cleaning event of 2018 :p
    gespuerDLichgcheong85
    @Guapo. Agreeing with you. We asked for new content and NG took the easy way out. Guess there is some filter on feedback we give them that leaves out most of what we tell them we want :D
    GuapoLoewe1968paintbeastTHCross
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I'm a little disappointed about the council upgrade/new max level since I've been trying to get to max, but on the plus side, it will allow players to continue progressing and have a reason to "grind" aka play the game.

With additional council upgrades hinted at in the future, it's a good reminder to just play and have fun without worrying about rushing through. And those who like to speed things up don't have to worry about hitting a wall and getting bored because there's nothing new to aim for.

I'm excited about new survivor and weapon traits - new combos to experiment with, things like ruthless on a survivor and weapon could combine with existing traits in fun and powerful ways.

Bug fixes are always welcome, and TG store changes to allow more hero tokens have long been requested.

Count me among the few forum participants who are optimistic about the update. I won't be threatening to quit the game anytime soon.
    GuapoSlickRickgcheong85antDonCoqui
    Level 22 weapons will be available in the TG Shop or Challenge rewards for players of camp level 61 or greater, or for all players when completing missions of difficulty 21 or greater.
    - Rare, Epic, and Legendary Gear Crates will guarantee level 22 equipment for players at camp level 63.

@Teeceezy Can you confirm that this means that once my camp hits 61, whenever I do a hard scavenge mission, I will only see 22 gear dropped and no more -1 level gear without any regards to workshop or survivor level? Same with challenges, no more -1 gear in the crates at all. And finally, the last part only applies to crates sold in the shop meaning that gear levels are now based solely off of camp level and survivors, etc no longer factor into it?
    gespuer
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    @Teeceezy can you please confirm that players having three or more level 22 survivors or heros will not only still start the challenge at level 15 like your announcement states, but that the first multi stage level will remain at level 20 and not increase to level 21. Any change/increase to where the first multi stage level begins will have a huge negative impact on our ability to earn challenge stars just like starting at level 14 versus level 15 does today. Thanks for your help.
    GuapogespuerMystique
    edited June 2017
    @NCDawgFan he already confirmed that level 22 will start 3 levels at rsl 21

Page 4. 10th post from the bottom
    Bill_ZRTWeekOne
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,007

@TransmuteJun I agree that the multiple tokens-for-gold purchase in the TG store sounds very good. But I feel bad for your guildmates who now presumably won't get their gifts :o

I'll make sure they get them... I try to give at least 2 gifts a month, and when they discount the gifts, everyone jumps in. We had a guild gift extravaganza when it was discounted to 100! But I have a nice stash of gold that I'll be using on some TG store tokens, that's for sure. ;)
    David_H79Jadenp_herian
  • bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    I bet hamsters on their wheel have more fun than the continuous grinding we do in the game. Wash, rinse, repeat.

There better be a shit ton of new content.
    Invadergcheong85THCross
  • R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    I have to agree with @SmittySpivey3, once you have a pink star you should get to acquire a new trait. Its only fair. I'll stop their because anything else I say will be counterproductive and thats the NG way
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @Shteevie

Let's assume the new traits prove to be as desirable as most of them look on paper. Every survivor we have worked on since any of us started playing has just been outclassed and rendered obsolete.

What about the 19 heroes that have been released so far? It's no secret that a regular survivor with pink stars out-performs those heroes now. Are you planning to update some or all of the heroes with some of the new traits? If not, 19 heroes just became even less desirable.
    gespuerDLichArtisans
This discussion has been closed.