Survivor advice needed

So I have lvl17 survivors, also ready to lvl them up to 18.

But the cost to increase there lvl and upgrade there weapons is very high. So I planning when I get to lvl18 to buy some gold weapons/armor and lvl them up to 21 and afterwards get my surviors up to lvl21 and buy lvl 21 gold weapons and armor.

Good idea or not? What would you do / did at this point in the game?

Comments

• Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    I think that's a bad idea. Your walkers also lvl up and you can't farm XP frm scavenge and challenge because your lvl 21 gears (base lvl 18) definitely can't one kill shot walkers lvl 22 and up and can get instant injured/struggled by walkers lvl 22 and up.

For myself i want to try to skip 1 lvl frm lvl 19 survivors to lvl 20 and i think it won't be easy. It's better to lvl up your survivors after you get a decent gears to enjoy killing those walkers. But if you enjoy those walkers kick you survivors ass then you can go with your plan :D

Cheers!
    gcheong85
  • zerosouLzerosouL Member Posts: 190
    @Squall_NML

Thats not true. Im doing fine with 17 lvl survivors wearing up to the 18 lvl gear on lvl 20 scavenging/challange missions.

@Nightwolf1986

It depends on how fast you want to progress. If you got plenty of time then just go for it and skip the gear upgrade. Its gonna be harder but in the end youll gonna save a lot of time and XP.
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    @zerosouL
    If you were doing fine with your lvl now it's great. But it's not guaranteed you'll doing fine when your lvl up your survivors because you need to find good gears for it. And i'm talking about farming walkers at RSL +4, +5, +6 and more in scavenge (in challenge, usually i quit after at RSL +3).

Whatever it is, choose your own play style @Nightwolf1986
  • zerosouLzerosouL Member Posts: 190
    @Squall_NML

Grinding for a perfect gear on lower survivor levels is just a massive waste of time and xp. Its better in every way to level up fast for better rewards. Better rewards = faster progress.