What is the best combination of traits for each weapons/amors

hdhieuhdhieu Member Posts: 26
edited November 2015 in Strategy Discussion
What do you think which traits are best for weapons/amor. I will star first with my best combination in my opinion.

1. For Hunter:
- Weapon: Increase critical damage ====> Increase critical chance ====> Lethal
Interrupt: is not necessary as hunters have a high range so they can keep away from the zombies, some case it might useful but not all the time so I prefer the other 3
Lucky: This one really makes me confuse because I don't 100% sure what does it stand for. If it could affect to the critical chance, dodging and get double XP then it is very useful, otherwise it's not. Thus, I still prefer the other 3.
Sometime I saw my hunters dodged zombies' attack and then "luck" appeared, so it might affect to dodging.
- Amor: Iron skin ===> Health Boost ===> Dodging
Wrestler: Normally you get 3 turns to get out, it's more than enough, if you still can't get out, then the whole team will die too. Thus, I don't see any point to use this trait.

2. For Bruiser:
- Weapon: Concussion ===> Increase critical damage ===> Increase critical chance
Lethal: This trait is good but I think critical is more important as it could save you 1 turn.
Interrupt: Not really useful as it only can use with "Big Zombie"
- Amor: Health Boost ===> Iron Skin ===> Dodging
Wrestler: Same above

3. For Scout:
- Weapon: Increase critical damage ====> Lethal ====> Increase critical chance
- Interrupt: more useful than with hunter and bruiser but I prefer the other 3
Swift strike: Only 10-15% is too low, so I prefer the other 3

4. Shooter:
- Weapon: High Powered ===> Critical damage ===> Critical Chance
Lethal: This trait is good but I think critical is more important as it could save you 1 turn.

I haven't played warrior yet so couldn't comment abt this class. How about you guys?

Comments

• PilotPilot Member Posts: 15
    Your list is just "all 3 damage perks for every class!"

I'm not going to go into that much detail, but I like to have the wrestler perk on my hunters armor. Having it there, on a class that doesnt take damage, allows me to level up full defense gear on the classes that do.

I currently have a scout with gold luck on his weapon and as a survivor perk (so 30 luck).

I like to have gold interupt and grid increase on my shooters (overwatch on shooters becomes op).
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    edited November 2015
    I'd like to share my ideal traits =D...

Just listing armor and weapons, because chance for legendary survivor with right traits is very very very very very rare.

Armors: Everyone should have Dodge>Iron Skin>HP>Wrestle. Imo wrestle is useless since I'm never going to take enough dmg with HP+Iron Skin+Dodge to worry about having to wait 2-3 extra turns in struggle.

Weapons
    Scout: Lucky>Destructive>Swift Strike
    Warrior: Wide>Destructive>Lucky
    Bruiser: Destructive>Interruptor>Concussion
    Hunter: Destructive>Large Caliber>Lucky
    Shooter: Lucky>Destructive>High Power
    Assault: Wide>Destructive>Lucky

My weapons list is assuming that the trait "LUCKY" can crit. If it can not crit, then I'm switching Lucky out for "CRITICAL." Hopefully, someone can test this for us... OR THE DEVS CAN SHED LIGHT ON "LUCKY"!!
  • CeszarCeszar Member Posts: 91
    I really can't understand why have Interruptor in Bruiser, for me it's don't makes sense at all
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    Sorry my poor english :|
    Be part of a Champions Guild: forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/925/top-7-watchmen-and-watchmen-2-is-recruiting-top-players#latest
    Well, My preferences:

Scout:
    - Interrupt: Scouts have the highest attack of all classes, so it causes a lot of damage even on the defensive.
    - Lethal: Hey, It's a flat 15% damage!
    - Increase Critical Damage: Brain Stab is critical damage, increases it by 60% is very good!

Warrior:
    - Wide Arc: Well, Virtually 360° area of effect. I do not have much to say.
    - Interrupt: Don't have the same damage of Scout, but because it is a class that does not benefit much from critical damage, I think this a good choice.

Bruiser:
    - Concussion: The most "must have" trait at all. 2 kO turn is something really useful (just need bronze, silver and gold do the same as bronze)
    - Increase Critical Damage: Not very good in a class that is not for damage, but it's help
    - Increase Critical Chance: Not very good in a class that is not for damage, but it's help

Hunter:
    - Large Caliber: The second "must have" trait of the game.
    - Increase Critical Chance: The Hunter can generally shot at least 4 walkers at once, it means, 4x better chance of a critical hit
    - Increase Critical Damage: Special Charge of Hunters is a critical hit, very useful to increase this damage by 60%

Shooter:
    - High Powered: Unlike Hunters, Shooters has a very short range, this can get you into big trouble and also hampers good strategies. (silver is already very good)
    - Increase Critical Damage: Special Charge of Shooters gives a 100% critical hit (and another nomal shot), very useful to increase this damage by 60%
    - Increase Critical Chance/Interrupt: Both are good options

Assault:
    - Wide Spread: Very good, the same thing of the Warriors
    - Increase Critical Chance: The same thing of the Hunter, High chance of critical hit.

PS.: Lethal is a great trait, I do not know if Shooter/Hunter/Assault has this trait (at least I do not have any weapons with it), if yes, always opt to use it.
    PS2.: My traits are to always 3 stars on the challenges, primarily to never be attacked
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    Be part of a Champions Guild: forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/925/top-7-watchmen-and-watchmen-2-is-recruiting-top-players#latest
    warbirdAlonso__Jr
    Ceszar said:

I really can't understand why have Interruptor in Bruiser, for me it's don't makes sense at all

Bruiser weapon having interrupt is good for the fact that they can still tank in a mission should more than 1 enemy come at you (where they mostly stand), AND they don't need critical. They have an auto critical after a stun (given the enemy is not too high leveled). And if the enemy is a tank, you might as well have the bruiser take interruptor to counter their movement.

Scouts are extremely useful with that Swift Strike ability. I wouldn't switch it for interruptor, when Bruiser can already pick it up (over critical). I guess I'm just thinking "why would I give % chance to crit to a class that does no dmg, and then not give a second move to a class that does dmg." Swift Strike works more often for me than 15%... Maybe it's luck? Or I'm just rly lucky =P
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Member Posts: 199

Bruiser weapon having interrupt is good for the fact that they can still tank in a mission should more than 1 enemy come at you (where they mostly stand), AND they don't need critical. They have an auto critical after a stun (given the enemy is not too high leveled). And if the enemy is a tank, you might as well have the bruiser take interruptor to counter their movement.

Scouts are extremely useful with that Swift Strike ability. I wouldn't switch it for interruptor, when Bruiser can already pick it up (over critical). I guess I'm just thinking "why would I give % chance to crit to a class that does no dmg, and then not give a second move to a class that does dmg." Swift Strike works more often for me than 15%... Maybe it's luck? Or I'm just rly lucky =P

@jureforjustice helped convince me that the Interrupt trait is useful for a bruiser. Now I'm a true believer.

However I have to agree with @Ceszar on his choice of traits for the scout weapons. I hate to depend on Swift Strike in my scout tactics with such a low probability of having the trait triggered. I'd rather have the Interrupt trait with its a high probability of success instead. It never hurts to have another survivor with the Interrupt ability to be able to back up your bruisers.
    jureforjustice

Ceszar said:

You're telling me that having Interruption in a Bruiser makes him use the same turn both Interruption and Concussion? each in a different Walker?
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Member Posts: 199
    Ceszar said:

You're telling me that having Interruption in a Bruiser makes him use the same turn both Interruption and Concussion? each in a different Walker?

No the bruiser will only get one overwatch attack, but he/she will deliver both Interrupt and Concussion with the same strike. You will only see the Interrupt trait in action against the heavy walker though.

Ceszar said:

No the bruiser will only get one overwatch attack, but he/she will deliver both Interrupt and Concussion with the same strike. You will only see the Interrupt trait in action against the heavy walker though.
    So for me it is useless, I prefer Interruption in my Scout
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
  • PilotPilot Member Posts: 15
    For Bruiser, I like:

key = (s) silver, (g) gold
    Survivor
    Retaliate (s)
    Lucky (g)
    Dodge (g)
    Armor
    Health Boost (s)
    Iron Skin (g)
    Dodge (g)
    Weapon
    Concussion (s)
    Lucky (g)
    Critical Strike (g)

With this setup, the Lucky perks provide additional 30% chance to your chance rolls. For this reason, Dodge is taken over Iron Skin (as Dodge is a chance roll that benefits from luck). With a 30% + 30% chance to dodge, your Bruiser can go deep without reservation. There is an Iron Skin perk suggested for armor to reduce the damage that you do take, and is superior to the wrestler option that remains. Concussion is a must on a Bruiser to extend the duration of stuns, but only a silver level is necessary (assuming your weapon doesn't have bronze perks, else bronze works just as good). The Retaliate perk allows the Bruiser once a turn to attack the zombie which attacked the Bruiser (essentially granting the Bruiser 2 attacks (2 stuns) per turn). Finally, the Critical Strike is there to play off of the base crit chance of 10%, plus the additional 15% from this perk, plus the additional 30% from luck, allowing the Bruiser to crit frequently: With the reduced damage on Overwatch and Retaliate, a crit hit is superior to a reduced damage from the Lethal perk.
    Headhunter
    @Pilot Can you prove these effects of Luck?
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Member Posts: 40
    Hunter weapon: Inc crit chance > inc crit dmg > lethal

Increase critical chance is much more important that increase critical damage, this is a known factor in gaming in general. More crits is always better than higher crits.

Hunter armour: dodge > iron skin > health boost

Dodging always beats a health boost, because it is a chance to evade ALL of the damage, instead of being able to absorb a little more. Better to not get hit than be able to take more hits, especially on a ranged class that has lower health to begin with.

Bruser weapon: Concussion > ICC > ICD

Once again, more crits is better than higher crits.

Bruiser armour: Dodge > Health Boost > Iron Skin

Health Boost is better here because of higher base health, but Dodging again is always superior to damage absorption. This is not a tank class in the traditional sense, as there is no in-mission healing.

Scout weapon: ICC > ICD > Lethal

Ocne again I put more crits before everything else, with non-crit damage last because hey...more crits.

Scout armour: Dodge > Iron Skin > Health Boost

Dodge, always dodge, especially with lower health characters. Iron skin trumps health boost because again of the low base health.

Shooter Weapon: High Powered > ICC > ICD

The only defensive trait I consider really worthwhile, High powered allows you to keep your Shooters at greater range from the Walkers, which keeps them alive longer. Again I put more crits before higher crits.

Shooter Armour: Dodging > Iron Skin > Health Boost

I'm sure you understand the pattern by now.

Wrestle will never be on any of my trait lists, it is completely useless. If you can't get out of a grapple before 3 turns is up, you're going to lose that character and possibly take the other two with it anyway.

I haven't played Warrior yet either.
    Pilot said:

"all 3 damage perks for every class!"

The best defense is a good offense. That which is dead can't harm you.

Interrupt fires so infrequently for me that I never, ever count on it. I get a lot of "luck" indicators, but I never rely on luck for anything. I've probably used my lifetime allotment of "luck when I really need it". I rely entirely on tactics to keep my survivors surviving, so allowing Bruisers to "tank" is something I keep to a minimum, since there is no Cleric/Healer class in this game.
  • OldGothOldGoth Staff Posts: 297
    Luck is really desirable, yes. It's added to all of your combat rolls.
    @Ceszar having a bruiser with interrupt is useful for the fact that they have a lot of health to combat multiple walkers. With a scout, you need to make sure you align correctly or risk getting struggled by taking hits. Bruisers can actually sit in front and take the hits (retaliate can stun) should there be multiple walkers. We all have our playstyle.
    @jureforjustice I understand, but I do not care how much HP that my Bruisers have, I use them to apply stun, not to be punching bags, as I said earlier, my playstyle is to make 3 stars, for that I always avoid being attacked. In short, I prefer interrupt on my Scout so that it can prevent an assault while causing lot of damage, the next round I can finish the walker.
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
This discussion has been closed.