Why did developers decide in PINK stars?

afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 503
Who's the weirdo that decided on pink stars when developing btw? Why not red white and blue? Or opal(shiny black color? Or even tie dyed stars if I must say so myself, I think those should be the next level up after all pinko's...or even a bloody red to show their time in battle would be better than pink stars, heck, even a skull and crossbones would get the point more across than the "pinko's"
Guts & Glory, not always in that order.
David_H79LightfeetpsychwolfCaptainslayerxbamfxcapibaraRedEye52InspTurbinesTHCrossbigbeanoArabothmack22TJSATLAS-Zromeo

Comments

• SmittySpivey3SmittySpivey3 Member Posts: 324
    For color and visability.... oh wait I'm wron because red and black still sucks on upgrade sceens I can't see during the day
    capibaraTHCrossDMP
  • meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 189
    Not that there's anything wrong with pink
    bigbeanoKillersZDrUnpleasant
  • afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 503
    vshield50 said:

I like the pink. Think a lot of guys (and girls) may like the pink too ;)

Factoid: pink was originally a clothing color for a men's clothing line.
    ShadowaceAz
  • afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 503
    And it'll actually just be a grey star, but called "black"
    淡水地鼠
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    What's wrong with pink? I like the bright colour. Black, grey..seriously? Isn't the game dull enough? So many maps are so dark you can barely see. Red, blue...those colours might not come out very clear and sharp. Bright green and maybe sky blue would show up well
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    BigBaldEd
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    edited June 2017
    @ Teeceezy, can you please verify that adding more pink stars will not increase our challenge RSL difficulty after update? I certainly hope not, i dont care if it raises scavenge, but challenge is a different story. :)
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    Nothing's changing on that front @bigbeano. :)
    bigbeano
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    THX @ Teeceezy! :)
  • ArabothAraboth Member Posts: 1
    Cool, I'm not the only one who think this is a horrible colour which damages the atmosphere of the game.

I like pink as well but it just not fits here!

The stars from 1-5 are kinda silver... why not make it golden, bronze or any other metallic colour tone.

Pink is ridiculous and changing the colour is just several seconds of work.
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I'm sure NG will spend another year or so to review this topic.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    edited July 2018
    Depends how much one reads into it I guess...

White is associated with light, goodness, innocence, purity, and virginity. It is considered to be the color of perfection.

White means safety, purity, and cleanliness. As opposed to black, white usually has a positive connotation. White can represent a successful beginning. In heraldry, white depicts faith and purity.

Red is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love.

Red is a very emotionally intense color. It enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure. It has very high visibility, which is why stop signs, stoplights, and fire equipment are usually painted red. In heraldry, red is used to indicate courage. It is a color found in many national flags.

The colors Red and White combined make the color Pink.

So reading into it one could say Pink would be balance.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Deathwish19ekimhclew
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,295
    Awesome @StHall, but that armor sucks ass.
    FingerfoodbladgierbigbeanoJenng
  • StHallStHall Member Posts: 72
    That is my armor I was using just for XP farming.
    mack22Raven2318msapaev
  • antant Member Posts: 547
    @StHall sure...that's what they all say ;)
    Click here to join the BlackjacknBeef/Asylum Family.

Click here to see my youtube strategy videos.
    mack22bigbeanoJenng
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    mack22 said:

Awesome @StHall, but that armor sucks ass.

Like these? 🤣
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

bigbeanoNerfZone187mack22
  • BigBaldEdBigBaldEd Member Posts: 130
    Because P!nk is an amazing vocalist and songwriter and nothing is wrong with pink? Lol i like being a weirdo who's dyed his hair pink a couple of times...
    anthony172bigbeano
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,180
    Her name is an irony, not sure if it's her given name, intentional irony or not?

Pink is traditionally a soft, associated feminine color... And she's not really those things. Lol. Good singer tho.

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    ShadowaceAz
  • BigBaldEdBigBaldEd Member Posts: 130
    Could be intentional. Always loved her from the start and her badassness. But yes, “traditionally” it is indeed soft and feminine. Blue doesn’t have to be masc nowadays though. Nor does pink have to be fem. But anywho... I wouldn’t be mad at pink skull and crossbones. Lol
    Deathwish19
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    ATLAS-Z said:

Pink is traditionally a soft, associated feminine color...

Actually...

'In fact, pink was even considered to be a masculine color. In old catalogs and books, pink was the color for little boys, said Leatrice Eiseman, a color expert and executive director of the Pantone Color Institute.

"It was related to the mother color of red, which was ardent and passionate and more active, more aggressive. Even though you reduce the shade level, it was a color that was associated with boys," Eiseman said.'

So it's more of a recent tradition and might as well change (again).

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    BigBaldEdSCBMAJenng
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,442

So we can have the strength of the pink panther 😃

JadenShadowaceAzSCBMA