The Rumors of the Demise of the NML Guild Council Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Comments

• InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Mabiki said:

No trolling. That's why I prefaced that it was a serious question.

Well...and we served you serious replies :blush:

Any comment on my idea for a radio scavange option?
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @Invader

Shut-up said: Everyone complains about phones so I hope you aren't trolling.

I was replying to the above since apparently it wasn't clear despite my best effort.

I would love a radio scavenge, but I don't think it's a realistic expectation.
    Mabiki said:

You might be right on this, but I´m wondering why...
    xbamfx
    edited June 2017
    Invader said:

Mabiki said:

You might be right on this, but I´m wondering why...
    @Invader

Obviously I can't speak for NG, but I suspect it is for economic reasons. Some would frame it as them being "greedy," but I wouldn't put it that way myself.

From what I can tell, they have 2 sources of revenue: video advertisements and selling bundles. I bet they make substantially more in sales than in ads.

I don't buy radio bundles because I don't find them a good value for my money, but apparently some players do purchase them (as exhibited by the many complaints here whenever someone buys radios and blows them on hero calls with low odds for the desired result).

If they make it too easy to get radios, they will effectively nullify one of their (presumably) major sources of revenue. I would never complain about getting more radios, but any business that eliminates one of the two ways it can make income is shooting itself in the foot and probably won't remain viable for long.

As is, FTP players can grind for radios and NG can still make some amount of money on the video ads at the same time.

Like I said, that's just my speculation.

I usually spend my radios whenever I have 15, but I have saved them for a week since the new traits were announced. I now have 125 without spending a dime, about half from the challenge. I'm OK with that amount as a mostly ftp player.
    Invadergcheong85
    But they make also money from weapons sales and offer a scavange mission for them...

If they make such a mission with 25 gas costs and a higher RSL, they would sell more gas boosters for sure.

Oh...and they would please a lot of players. That might be the main problem :D
    Vudnik
    Invader said:

Oh...and they would please a lot of players. That might be the main problem :D

I take it from the smiley you're half-joking, but the idea that NG's goal is to piss off the player base with changes is one of the more ridiculous refrains that gets repeated ad-nauseum on the forum, in my humble opinion.
    [Deleted User]
    Mabiki said:

I take it from the smiley you're half-joking, but the idea that NG's goal is to piss off the player base with changes is one of the more ridiculous refrains that gets repeated ad-nauseum on the forum, in my humble opinion.

I know thats your opinion...but many players feel like this. And not just on the forum.

I see players leaving their guilds and quitting. And thats no alternative fact.
    CaptainslayerJaden
    Clearly a portion of the player base is upset, but I seriously doubt NG staff sit around asking themselves "How can we piss them off today?"

In cany case, I said my piece. I'll leave you to it.
    Warlord said:

The rest just don't get used at this point either because they are rare or epic and they just can't compete with high level rsl when in reality my legendary survivors with 5 combat traits are better and that is before factoring in pink stars.

That part might be a point. I´m not sure about other players, but the weekly challenge is still very time consuming and if I reach my goal, I take a few days off.

Heroes might be useful somehow for scavange missions in lower stages, but they are absolutely useless in challenges if they are below epic or legendary level.
    xbamfxCaptainslayerAvengers
  • unumunum Member Posts: 55
    @Invader I think you're only looking at it from a high end player. What survivor level are you at currently? I just recently started an alt account. It's low level but I use the heroes I've unlocked all the time in the challenges. Rare Daryl beats the crap out of any rare hunter I have. I have one legendary bruiser that I got lucky getting in a radio call. Like people already complain about, it's hard to get radios, even more so at very low levels.

I think a lot of high end players on these forums forget what it was like when they first started out.
    Avengers
    unum said:

I think a lot of high end players on these forums forget what it was like when they first started out.

I´m at survivor level 20...and have a alt account too.

Chances for survivor pulls were better in the past.
    @Invader I agree on that. It's just that I often see high end players complaining about NG not doing stuff to please them without even thinking about the low end players they are trying to onboard. A newish player is going to want to play with heroes. That's what the SHOW is all about. Us old timers played before there was heroes. Our survivors are so far beyond most of the heroes. I'm not pointing at you specifically just what I see on here often.
    Invader
    @unum The main problem is the lack of radios. And they would please all stages of players :wink:
    unumCaptainslayer
    @Invader of course radios are always cool to get. I would never complain about getting more of them. I think I also see NG's side it in that more radio's means not only less $$$'s for them (that's something I don't want to get into here) but also thoughts about moving beyond the 10 star survivor cap. I don't think they even planned for 10 star survivors in the first place. People are already bumping up to that level. What next? Red star survivors and another forum post on what to name them?
    unum said:

People are already bumping up to that level. What next? Red star survivors and another forum post on what to name them?

For sure that will happen since there are always people who spend like hell...
    unum
  • WarlordWarlord Member Posts: 164
    @unum, yes, heroes may be better for newer players but eventually those new players will end up as high end players. I started this game less than a year ago and other a couple of full supply bundles and maybe two 2xp bundles, haven't spent any $. My camp is maxed, chapters are done thru nightmare, all heroes/survivors are 21 and I have at least 3 sets of maxed leg gear for each class.

Obviously I have outpaced NG's updates and new content additions so I fully expect most players starting now will also outpace NG's updates too, even if ftp.

Why can't the end game players keep challenging NG to address things based on our perspective to make things better so when the new players get to end game status they aren't as frustrated as we are?

What I don't agree with is changes that solely affect current end gamers and not future end gamers.
  • mikpay2316mikpay2316 Member Posts: 110
    I'm constantly seeing ppl ask for upgradeable weapons. The only way that's happening is w subscription gear where you pay like $9.99 a month. NG is a business before anything else and to think they're going to just give up the majority of their income is asinine.
    OG Mike 420 - MAVERICKS FAMILY 4 LIFE!
    CaptainslayertdiddyPutchuco
  • mikpay2316mikpay2316 Member Posts: 110
    masmith93 said:

@xbamfx The eq cap lift has been brought up continually since the cap was lifted on survivors, and even prior to that. It doesn't look like it's something they will do.

I still think that eq should have addition traits, just like survivors. No idea why leg/epic eq has the same number of traits as a rare.

Same number yes but different strengths, like upgrading a survivor from legendary to elite.
    OG Mike 420 - MAVERICKS FAMILY 4 LIFE!
    @Warlord you can and should challenge NG for this. Just don't think you're alone. They have a massive game on their hands that I don't think they had fully planned for it's explosive growth. They need to balance end gamers, new gamers, server scaling, updates, bugs and more. At least for me, I enjoy this game. Sure, some things piss me off. But on a whole, I keep coming back for more. Rare have I found that in any game.
    David_H79
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,751
    I shaved mine off recently.
    SlickRickTheLostOnes
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    @masmith93 May I rub your beard for good luck? I promise I wont give you a rash, I have clean hands lol

Join the guild council and join in solidarity!
    masmith93ArtisansTheLostOnes
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    @SpacemanSpiff Um, sure. ;) You sticking around or you need the luck for elsewhere?
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    TheLostOnesMaverick1969
  • WarlordWarlord Member Posts: 164
    @SpacemanSpiff Why do you need to rub @masmith93 's beard when you have your trusty sidekick Hobbes?
    WahooDawgTheLostOnes
  • SmittySpivey3SmittySpivey3 Member Posts: 324
    @Warlord Thank you for the most insightful metaphor I've read on this board. Its like raising a baby, You put a lot of effort into and it does unexpected things.