Completed Chapter 14 Nightmare mode

Game complete.
T_12vshield50MadPuppyRedEye52hillbilly63NG_Sam

Comments

• stopdecker34stopdecker34 Member Posts: 9
    im on 14-5 night mare you know what team and gear you use for that?
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,306
    Which one is that. Screen shot will help me.
    stopdecker34
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    edited April 2017
    How did you kill the hunter Freemen that "spawn" after the bruisers. I can usually get through the bruisers with minimal injury, but the hunters light me up. Tried a few times recently with lvl 21 single pink star hunter - shooter - bruiser, and 2 hunters and a shooter. All survivors have fully upgraded lvl 20(23) leg gear
  • stopdecker34stopdecker34 Member Posts: 9
    the quiet gate
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,752
    On 14.5 nm, I killed the guy opening the crate when he had two turns left to open. Sure enough, the walkers still came out. Figures.
    1RisPig
    You have to be far back to the left hugging the enterance when you kill the Walker spawn after the bruisers. Use gold grid and gold bore. They have to come down the center together so you can stun them. Also don have them close together after the Walker kill.
    vshield50romeo
    edited April 2017
    @avelardez Thanks, I'll give that a try
    You must have a charge on the bruiser to use as well.
    Was able to complete with hunter - bruiser - shooter. Kept everyone to the far left and let them come to me, using overwatch with my bruiser keeping one or both the freemen occupied (has morgan's staff). Was pretty effective. How are the Freemen able to run the length of the screen (5-6 spaces) and still be in overwatch?

Anyway, here's who I used, and their equipment

David_H79GovernatorRedEye52
  • RocketmanRocketman Member Posts: 227
    He'll I'm having difficulty on 14.4 tried a few different combos of survivors. There's to many freemen all in one place
    Black_Jack
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    @Rocketman Let the first (and maybe second) walker wave play with the saviors. Did you try Abraham + 2 Shooter combo already?
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    jester said:

On 14.5 nm, I killed the guy opening the crate when he had two turns left to open. Sure enough, the walkers still came out. Figures.

@jester you mean 14.4? If so, I think the point is that the walkers will come if you kill him before he's done, because he's closing, rather than opening the container.And I think it's meant to be an advantage to kill him quickly so that the walkers do come out and pre-occupy the freemen as you sneak/wrestle your way to the exit (that's at least the only way I was able to do it).
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    CRUSH
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 393
    @avelardez Welcome to nightmare club. New members are always welcome.
    avelardez
  • RocketmanRocketman Member Posts: 227
    @Lightfeet I have yes. When sh!t gets though generally I use Abe and 2 shooters. I tried using the spawning walkers to my advantage but they tend to spawn near me and not near the freemen.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @gespuer

RSL was at 25 prior to 2.6 update. It was the last thing I played before the update so I am sure of this. Don't know about hospital time though.
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Mabiki said:

@gespuer

RSL was at 25 prior to 2.6 update. It was the last thing I played before the update so I am sure of this. Don't know about hospital time though.

I was pretty sure the missions 1-5 were 24 before.
    1-5 are yes, but not 6.
    Woot!

Now to begin the long wait for new missions.

gespuerxbamfxInspTurbinesCarolsCookies
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,434
    I'm stuck on the last one
    Good technique against the bruisers? I too tried Dwight epic and 2x shooter
    I manage to kill the bruisers but then walkers got me from behind lol
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Congratulation! I know by myself how liberating it is to finally finish chapter 14 in nightmare.

My key to success for 14-6 was Dwight as a leader (with two shooter) and to keep as much distance as possible.
    xbamfxMabikisicarius
    Thanks @gespuer I think messed up on first turn trying to overwatch I should have went straight to work on those freemen lol
    They have insane hp at rsl 25 smh
    gespuer
    @xbamfx

I sort of followed OLT's strategy posted elswhere. Don't have the thread marked but found it with search the other day in one ofnthe nightmare threads. He has a good video..

First key for me was moving team apart at beginning. For some reason warriors attack if they're together but run and hide if you move each a space to the side.

Used shooter with range to whittle them down.

For bruisers I moved scout w/interrupt weapon and bruiser up a few spaces with shooter behind and hoped for stun and interrupt to work when they ran up. When it didn't, i backed up and overwatched again while shooting. Got a 2 turn stun on 1 and killed the other with scout plus shooter charge attack. Got a lucky stun on other one next turn and finished off.

Try to kill final bruiser with last move of your turn so all survivors have a move when walkers spawn. Otherwise they come mid turn and get some free shots on your survivors without AP. I had all 3 survivors in a row against wall and that blocked one of the walker spawns.

Charge up shooter on walkers if you can. Then stay back while hunters run up close and hope you have enough HP to take some damage. Got a stun off on one hunter and killed the other with my charged shooter and scout. Last hunter was easy after that.
    xbamfx
    Thanks @Mabiki ill watch video and try that technique after work today. Nice tip on seperate survivors against warriors. I did not know the AI operated in such a manner. Cool.
    Teeceezy