New Survivor Traits: Do I need them?

Looking to hear from end-game players about their opinions on these 3 new character traits. Right now I'm sitting pretty with a 7* survivor of every class except bruiser (any day now). I'm locally ranked, I get 1,000+ stars each week, and I can typically 3* all of RSL 26 and will wrestle through 27+ if I have the time. I only play outposts to grab the TG and bounce; I'm not concerned with my influence ranking. You get the idea of the kind of player I am. Here are my current survivor traits:

All melee classes:
Lucky
Dodge
Iron Skin
Strong
Retaliate

Hunter:
Lucky
Dodge
Iron Skin
Marksman
Sure Shot

Shooter:
Lucky
Dodge
Marksman
Sure Shot
Bullet Dodge

Assault:
Lucky
Dodge
Bullet Dodge
Iron Skin
Marksman

I also have a 6* shooter and legendary assault with the same traits as my hunter. Once I build them up, I'll have what I consider to be perfect traits in every class. Given my current lineup and my player style, would I be missing out if I just overlooked the new traits? They don't seem bad at all, but just not necessary given what I have. Would trait combinations involving these new traits enhance my game and help me push farther at all? Getting everyone to 7* has taken lots of time, tokens, and crappy promotions. Don't really want to go through that all again haha. Let me know what you guys think.

TL;DR - what are good survivor trait combinations using the new traits that will be effective for high RSL challenge maps?
Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
xbamfxJennggespuer

Comments

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    @Warlord right - Bruisers would actually become much more effective as meat shields if they could do that!
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    bigbeanoRedEye52
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,435
    Haha @JayZ you said "meat" :D
    Jennggespuerbigbeano
  • 淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
    edited June 2017
    You don't want to try the new trait yourself?
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    I'll try them as I get them. I'm just curious if there's players who now deem them vital on specific survivor builds.
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    > @Warlord said:
    > @JayZ. With retaliate, it would be interesting. Once for your attack, you get attacked and retaliate fires giving you a second and then punish fires giving you a third attack in one turn. Would be interested to know if it works that way. It should based off of the descriptions.

Along those same lines-

Would revenge and retaliate work together? I'm thinking about situations like 14.5 nightmare. Three ranged survivors with both those traits all get hit. Would they shoot back a total of six times?
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    What are the new traits? Can someone point me to exactly where each new trait is shown and described? Thanks in advance
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    edited June 2017
    Warlord said:

@JayZ. With retaliate, it would be interesting. Once for your attack, you get attacked and retaliate fires giving you a second and then punish fires giving you a third attack in one turn. Would be interested to know if it works that way. It should based off of the descriptions.

@Teeceezy is that how that combination would work as intended?

EDIT: typo
    Damn I wish I waited until now to upgrade him...maybe I would have gotten something other than BD ugh. Anything else would have been welcome, luck especially

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    @Avengers If he was a survivor you got before this update, he wouldn't be able to get the new traits anyway. Only survivors found after the 2.6 update can have the possibility of receiving the new traits upon promotion.
    Avengerspaintbeast
    @crambert_nec no that was proved false by someone already
    NG lied again...or it was something they didn't mean to do...either way...shhh ;)

paintbeastgcheong85Captainslayer淡水地鼠
    Oh, for real? I missed that
    Hey I was gonna do that! Lol just as I figured out where it was from smh...