Wrong Statement re: Hero repeat buys

MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
@Teeceezy @Shteevie

Please correct your News statement about purchasing tokens for "Heroes as many times as you want" from TG shop. This is untrue and sort of misleading. There's a limit. I know this because I tested that limit (I didn't need the tokens and I have no shortage of gold). It was merely to satisfy my curiosity. Just one time. Of course players easily recognize the terrible conversion rate and/or are priced-out of the max limit so they may never get to the point of being misled. But with due respect, this still shouldn't excuse the inaccuracy of a published news statement in game.

P.S. I see another thread inquiring about the incremental costs. So, in the name of science....or for the greater good...or, whatevers, this was the cost progresssion:

For 4 Tokens:
1,000 gold
....then "Restocking" (not as many times as you want).
DoTakpaintbeastjimmydawiseTheLostOnesDavid_H79Squall_NMLSCBMAGindytabernacTHCrossGovernatorSlowMoSteeboonAvengersJadengespuerxbamfxJackBauerMaverick1969MonsutaAmigasligoemOneVoicetpzinhoMadivshield50pradiMarcus6253Tapatio75gcheong85WarlordJayZTimboskiDLichtheldssdlxyzmorbis02BraynerZRedEye52bigbeanobiter370LightfeetHelioTransmuteJunTroublemakerantShadowaceAz

Comments

• DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @Movado
    Did you omit 70?
    MovadoGindy
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    @DoTak - thanks. Sorry, I forgot to include the "70." You're right, I edited now to list it.
  • 淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
    What's next, Marvel Movie Hero?
    bigbeano
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    edited June 2017
    I am still hoping that the option has a bug and they just forgot to implement the 2x progression free each buy, e.g. 4,8,16,32,64 ... tokens...
    Thanks @Movado
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    CaptainslayerTHCrossRedEye52
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    Or at least summing progression 4,8,12,16,20...
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    CaptainslayerTHCrossRedEye52
  • tpzinhotpzinho Member Posts: 14
    Allowing players to buy tokens is a great move. I, as a non high player was planing to buy a few in order to complete some heroes traits. Can you please make the prices fair to all? Ty
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    edited June 2017
    We specifically set the first few levels of rebuys low enough that players who regularly complete quests and find gold in mission crates will be able to buy these tokens without spending real money. Players don't need to buy gold to get these, but of course those that do will be able to afford more.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    tpzinhoOneVoicegcheong85Monsutamorbis02RedEye52bigbeanobiter370Shut_Up
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Mollie64 said:

Why am I only being offered Eugene tokens?

Because from all possible 32 hero token options he has still a lower value?
  • AlexFiliUKAlexFiliUK Member Posts: 163
    Didn't mind dropping 30 gold on Rick... might use that 70 gold option as well although I suspect we'll get more Rick tokens for the S3 missions too.