Misleading Obsolete Bundle Is a Ripoff

Has anyone else purchased the Knockout Bundle with the expectation of a lvl 22 weapon but instead received an obsolete lvl 21 weapon? If you did or are planning to, take note.

The Notes Introducing 2.6 are Ambiguous on this point at best and misleading or deceptive at worst. They state the following:

Level 22 weapons will be available in the TG Shop or Challenge rewards for players of camp level 61 or greater, or for all
players when completing missions of difficulty 21 or greater.
- Rare, Epic, and Legendary Gear Crates will guarantee level 22 equipment for players at camp level 63.

NG's Notes say that Level 22 weapons "will" be available to lvl 61 players in the TG Shop - not "may" be available. To me this meant a certainty that I would be receiving lvl 22 gear. NG refuses to honor that promise or refund my $. They hang their hat on the qualifier that lvl 22 equipment is guaranteed from crates for lvl 63 players, suggesting that the qualifier implies that the TG purchases are not guaranteed at lvl 22. I'm calling BS on that argument, as the qualifier is limited to equipment received through crates and has nothing to do with $ purchases through the TG Shop.

As I said, at the very least the description is ambiguous and NG created the ambiguity. I would not have made the purchase but for the promise of a lvl 22 weapon. I'm calling on NG to make this right. I demand a refund.
淡水地鼠RedEye52LightfeetTheBRADLeyB

Comments

• eb23eb23 Member Posts: 25
    with all due respect, Teeceezy, that does not clear up the ambiguity in the Notes, which promises lvl 22 survivors in the TG shop to lvl 61 players. You can spin it however you want, but the fact remains that NG created this ambiguity and should at least refund my $. I should not have to go through multiple rounds back and forth with the help desk. This is a basic no brainer when it comes to customer service: When you create an ambiguity by your advertisement - in this case your Notes -you provide a refund.
    GuapoLightfeetTheBRADLeyB
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    With all due respect, there's not much ambiguous about that part of the note. It states that Level 22 weapons will be available in the TG (Trade Goods) Shop and in challenges. I'm sorry you had a bad experience and hope that you can get this issue resolved with the support team.
    JackBauerDoTakLightfeetTheBRADLeyBxbamfx
    edited June 2017
    Sorry, but words matter. "Will" means definitely. And your support team has been less than supportive.
    淡水地鼠pradiLightfeetTheBRADLeyB
  • GrinchGrinch Member Posts: 166
    Boycott, cut the meal ticket off if you want action!
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Yep, looks like an honest mistake on your part. I can see where, if you had historically purchased bundles at a specific time in your development it might not have come up before. I'd hope they would give you a one-time do over, but I would also hope you'd ask nicer, lol. Maybe they won't anyway, then you could be nasty about that, sure.
    David_H79RedEye52TheBRADLeyB
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    @eb23 It seems, as @GrimGael says, like an honest mistake on your part. If you're buying a weapon bundle, click on the weapon and it tells you what level that weapon is.
    RedEye52LightfeetTheBRADLeyB
    edited June 2017
    It was my first gear purchase - so assumptions that I should have known based on past purchases have no merit..
    GuapoLightfeetTimboskiCaptainslayerTatdJdmSynapseRanger
  • SpringChickenSpringChicken Member Posts: 145
    @Teeceezy why doesn't NG just allow players to select the level of gear when they make a purchase? Problem solved.
    vshield50RedEye52eb23LightfeetTheBRADLeyB
  • 淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
    > @SpringChicken said:
    > @Teeceezy why doesn't NG just allow players to select the level of gear when they make a purchase? Problem solved.

U have to purchase it again and again.

It is sad, and it will never be changed

It's NG's tradition
    TheBRADLeyB
    That was a year and a half ago before any rules were established apparently - and no purchases since - so no salt or dagger here.
    vshield50LightfeetTheBRADLeyB
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    Going to close this thread. Again, hope you and support are able to find a solution @eb23.
    LightfeetTheBRADLeyB
This discussion has been closed.