Would you like it if Walkers came from random positions every new spawn?

I was thinking of ways to make the game a little less grindy and I was wondering what it would be like if the Walkers came from random positions instead of the mostly fixed standard repeating positions that they do now.

It might be too much if the special walkers came from random positions, for example the exploders or the armored fatties, but for the rest of the normal Walkers I think it would be far more interesting if they came from different positions.

I know a lot of people enjoy the grind but I find it to be a struggle especially on the challenges. It's just the same thing over and over again until you get to the point where you can't one shot kill and then it gets more interesting. Personally I think it would be nice if there was more randomness.

What do you think?
tomducat21Avengersgcheong85JayZgespuerWhispererTraeRedEye52wrinkled_bagKyrusInspTurbineszosonKarajocaTripodKillingLightMcCoy332Aval0nMattOfEarth

Comments

• 8N88N8 Member Posts: 164

I was thinking of ways to make the game a little less grindy and I was wondering what it would be like if the Walkers came from random positions instead of the mostly fixed standard repeating positions that they do now.

It might be too much if the special walkers came from random positions, for example the exploders or the armored fatties, but for the rest of the normal Walkers I think it would be far more interesting if they came from different positions.

I know a lot of people enjoy the grind but I find it to be a struggle especially on the challenges. It's just the same thing over and over again until you get to the point where you can't one shot kill and then it gets more interesting. Personally I think it would be nice if there was more randomness.

What do you think?

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not. In the case that it's not sarcasm, this is already the case on many scavenge missions stages.
    sligoemSCBMAgespuerRedEye52
  • meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 189
    There are slight amounts of randomization but most of the time the Walkers are coming from predictable locations. My rough estimate would be at least 80% of the time they come from the same spots.

I knew I would be in the minority on this. Most people seem to enjoy the grinding, you can tell because a lot of the new games that are coming out are just total grinding games. The Play Store is just jam-packed with total grinding dungeon games now . That's basically what idle games are for. But there's a minority of people like me that really don't enjoy the grind and for us I think it would be far more interesting if the Walkers just came from random positions.

I realize it's never going to happen but it was just something interesting to think about.
    Karajoca
  • sligoemsligoem Member Posts: 330
    No to spawn holes (like @Shut_Up said)!
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,435
    If you don't like the grind then this is clearly the wrong game for you @meathead013 may I suggest candy crush or angry birds instead?
    gcheong85RedEye52InspTurbinesMattOfEarth
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,227
    Keeping in view the times we have been nerfed, a loud NO

Zee Black 

Playing the game since 2015, Level 75 and 200K plus stars

Part of SG Woot since 2016. We have played more than 300 challenges and earned  4 million plus stars

xbamfxRedEye52InspTurbines
    One of the great things I loved about XCOM was that type of randomness

In fact, that's really the element that makes the two games very different because otherwise it's pretty much the same game
    RedEye52
    That's a fair point. I suppose maybe it wouldn't reduce the grinding but it would be more interesting grinding, at least to me.

In fact I'm really glad I brought this up. I have totally ignored my Steam account for well over a year so I wasn't paying any attention, but they released a brand new XCOM game that I just found how about now because I went looking for it. So I just bought it and yeah I probably will be leaving this game for a while now.

So happy grinding!
    David_H79RedEye52GrimGael
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,442
    Are we seeing them? Because surprise pop ups aren't usually appreciated..... But if we could see them and mentally prepare for it and have time to hyper ventilate....... Yea, I'm still gonna have to go with no.
    David_H79JadenRedEye52InspTurbines
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    NO..................
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    Hell No.
    JadenKyrusInspTurbines
  • WhispererWhisperer Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2017
    If u dont want to grind then dont, we "a lot of people" dont enjoy grinding but its the thing you must do to gather 2M XP so you can upgrade one survivor to lvl 21 or now even 22..

When you get to higher level and understand the game a bit more you'll find out how much time u wasted on creating this thread.
    Avengersgcheong85RedEye52InspTurbines
  • 淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
    Bring dodge 2. 1version back then they can come from anywhere they want
    AvengersRedEye52gespuerInspTurbinesGrimGael
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,435
    I think it's very clear why his name is @meathead013 :D :D :D
    wrinkled_bagJadenInspTurbines
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    I'm sure spawn blocks will be eliminated...the tables have already been set to end the "Grab the TG and Run" outpost strategy. Blame me for both of them WHEN (not IF) they happen for advertising them so much. Like NG, i don't care if people hate me. Unlike NG, I do see players as more than a potential source of income, and like to help them out...even if means the helpful stuff will be taken away.
    TheLostOnescapibaraGrimGael
    edited June 2017
    They did a really nice job on this new XCOM game. I've played them all including the ones from like 20-plus years ago and this one is definitely the best. they've taken all of the annoying little quirks and made them automatic so that you don't have to be messing with routine things, like switching from a sniper rifle to a pistol so that you can take a shot after moving , you can just focus on the combat which is terrific.

Of course the Randomness here in terms of enemy placement isn't completely random, they spawn in groups in unpredictable points although their placement is a little different each time. Except for the mechanized units, those ones I think get placed in the same locations period but for regular missions there's quite a bit of randomization of placement of new opponents.

But the much older games were pretty highly randomized. The very early XCOM each individual enemy unit was placed in a completely random location. so a lot of times you would get off the transport and have enemies just standing right there, whereas the next time you would do that mission you might not have any enemies within line-of-sight for a turn or two or more. That's what I would like to see done here (nml), or even better to have an option to have that done, to make combat much less monotonous. but that's jmo

I'm glad I got lucky and happened to stumble upon this newest XCOM game when they were having a flash 60% off sale for one day. I got the whole thing plus extra DLC packs for thirty bucks so that's pretty good. And this is the first XCOM game where the developers have embraced user mods so there's all kinds of variety on top of that that's free. I'm sure I'll be playing this game (xcom) for a hundred or more hours so pretty cheap entertainment
    RedEye52