Double XP from kills this weekend, except...

2»

Comments

• thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    I have upgraded weapons in the past to "store" my xp. At this point, I'm trying to get my level 13's to have decent gear while upgrading my camp at the same time.

I want to be able to go a little further in the weekly events than +3 (I usually fail at +4 because most of the gear they use is just rare).

Once all my camp is maxed out as far as I can go without upgrading the survivors, I'll upgrade them. I'm in no rush to the highest level.

Is that a horrible idea?
    David_H79gespuerMinistrRedEye52catrush
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    edited June 2017
    Not at all. I'm doing the same on my alt account. Slowly upgrading all the buildings and good weapons if I get some. Then I will upgrade level 14 weapons next and after that my survivors (currently level 13 as well).
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    MinistrRedEye52
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    I upgraded survivors whenever I could...but only upgraded gear every 2-3 levels since they will be disposed soon.
    So if you're lvl 13 survivors right now but close to having lvl 14, I would upgrade good lvl 14 gear and make do with that until you can upgrade lvl 16 gear @thisdoesfine
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    catrush
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Shouldn´t be there a x2 on the XP reward? On the mission tab I can see it...

JackBauerDavid_H79xbamfxcatrush
  • Runners_0648Runners_0648 Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2017
    @TransmuteJun Glenn's trait will only produce 2x supplies even with the 2x experience booster. Because his trait is calculated by the experience from kills and the booster doubles it after the mission is over. You'll get 4x the experience but only 2x supplies.
    David_H79
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I think its excellent, but only if it gives the promised 2 (2 (XP)) for the 24 hours. Especially having Maggie lead until she becomes too useless in later rounds.

Not every update, event and change will suit everyone.

But I think this particular event is hilarious given that it was always a possibility. I believe my exact words were " surely they would be so dumb".
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Thx @Amiga and @psychwolf :)
    psychwolfAmiga
    edited June 2017
    @thisdoesfine - upgrade Council of you can for more capacity. Thats what I'm doing later today (even though I can do training ground/workshop).

When maxed out, if you have no survivors to train, at this point in the week toy may as well upgrade something. By the time its finished you'll be maxed out again.

Ministr said:

I agree, the "disagree" and the "LOL" buttons are too close together @Lightfeet

Damn ... I meant to click on Like

• TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,171

@TransmuteJun Glenn's trait will only produce 2x supplies even with the 2x experience booster. Because his trait is calculated by the experience from kills and the booster doubles it after the mission is over. You'll get 4x the experience but only 2x supplies.

Thanks, I had no idea! I've never used Glenn with 4X XP...
  • Dara5Dara5 Member Posts: 14
    Hi fairly new to forum tend to lurk rather than post, but enjoy reading comments and have learnt loads from you thanks . Can I just ask do you get 50% plus Maggie extra experience when using Maggie that's my understanding so just want to check
    Thanks
    edited June 2017
    Yes, Maggie's extra xp and the xp event will add together @Dara5

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
  • Dara5Dara5 Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for confirmation @Avengers
    zbot
    You're very welcome @Dara5

• IRONDeeIRONDee Member Posts: 469
    DLich said:

On double kill weekends Glenn's trait gives double supplies (since the kill XP is doubled the moment it's dead the supplies given by Glenn is based off that number)

Using the booster this weekend will give 4x XP on kills and 2x XP on everything else (except retiring survivors as that hasn't worked since 2.5)

Hope this helps.

It does not appear that Glenn is doubling the tomatoes. The double XP graphic in game shows the doubling of XP *after* the bonus is computed.
    Also, it doesn't appear that the scrapping is being doubled either. Is that as intended?

I'm not addicted, I just have nothing better to do.
    Founder and benevolent dictator of IRONPHX
    Alt Elder in Grumpy Old Gits

• MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @IRONDee

You are confusing two different things.

The double XP from the free gift or purchased booster does apply after the mission, as you stated.

The double XP for kills weekend event applies at the time of the kill and is reflected on the screen at that moment. Glenn's bonus is calculated based on xp per kill and does in fact apply with this weekend event. This is also seen on screen at the time of the kill.

If you are using the double XP booster (purchased or free gift), it will apply to your scrapped equipment but is not displayed as double on the scrap screen. You can easily check this by looking at your total XP before and after scrapping. At item that displays 4000 XP scrap value will yield 8000 XP increase in your total despite only showing 4000 on the scrap screen.

IRONDee
  • IRONDeeIRONDee Member Posts: 469
    Thanks @Mabiki!
    I'm not addicted, I just have nothing better to do.
    Founder and benevolent dictator of IRONPHX
    Alt Elder in Grumpy Old Gits

• JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    edited June 2017
    Awesome event together with the 2x booster. Saves me a lot of grinding.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    gespuergcheong85psychwolf
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    How long did you fight and which map was it?
  • gcheong85gcheong85 Member Posts: 149
    Soon it will be nerfed. Its a bug for NG. Enjoy while you can.
    MabikiTeeceezy
    Wow...and here I am maxing out on xp storage everyday without doing crazy stuff like that...you speed up everything @JackBauer ?

• JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    No.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,546
    bump...

Don't forget what Daryl taught us....

"On double kill weekends Glenn's trait gives double supplies (since the kill XP is doubled the moment it's dead the supplies given by Glenn is based off that number)

Using the booster this weekend will give 4x XP on kills and 2x XP on everything else (except retiring survivors as that hasn't worked since 2.5)

Hope this helps."

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    gespuerJadensligoem