PLEASE Bring Back and keep RSL19 Challenge Repeats

ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,658
The most recent balance change increasing the power of highest level survivors was a nice attempt to fix the level 21 issue, but unfortunately it's still not fixed.

Hers a post from one of our players still using level 20 survivors.

(Below)

We are a to 50 GLOBAL guild and several of our players using level 20 survivors top our charts.

The rest of us put up big numbers, but still struggle to match what we got at level 20s.
There is literally no incentive for these players to level up their teams. That's really does seem counterintuitive to the game platform?

Setting a maximum start RSL of 14, with repeats beginning permanently at RSL 19 is a logical solution.

Thanks!
Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
EMAIL US --> [email protected]
WahooDawgjester_radicsDavid_H79DragonfyreMabikigespuerKarajocaxbassman

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,658
    @Teeceezy or at least consider the alternative and allow us the option to demote our survivors level?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 608
    Ablsolutely got to bring back the old system regarding rsl starting. enough NG
    biter370ATLAS-Zxbassman
    Yes, upgrade costs are astronomical, but I would gladly pay them if my star production also increased astronomically... Or AT ALL. Lol. FFS. What's the point?
    romeoxbassman
  • Matt123Matt123 Member Posts: 94
    Bring old system back rsl19 start. This is better repeat start
    ATLAS-ZromeoNidintuBel
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    Sorry, but NO
    Really NO
    Not more repetitions please
    :)
    8N8JackBauerATLAS-ZromeounumLightfeetxbassman
    > @David_H79 said:
    > Sorry, but NO
    > Really NO
    > Not more repetitions please
    > :)

The entire challenge is repetition. That's what it is. Do these six stages over and over until the end and get the most stars?

And the higher you level up, the less stars you can get? In what world does that make sense?
    David_H79romeoAvengersxbassman
    What you ask for only addresses the issues some people have with upgrading to level 21.

You don't look on the lower levels. They all walk through the same. These changes where introduced with challenge 2.0 and all level 20 player were fine with it, because they don't have to start with higher RSLs because of upgrading.

When I follow your logic that level 20 player always hit more stars than level 21s, than level 19s or 18s with lower starting RSLs would even score higher than the 20s and 21s.

But it isn't so.

Upgrade some gear and you can score higher with 21s than 20s.
    I personally score higher with my 21s.
    And I think I score even higher if I have upgraded to 22, but that's just thinking without proof, because at first I have to upgrade.

Just my opinion :)
    unumATLAS-Z淡水地鼠theldssdlMabikiTransmuteJunFeloniousSpunkxbassman
    That some people score higher with 20s than others with 21s doesn't only depend on the starting RSL.

How many Pinkies do they have?
    How good is their gear?
    How flexible are their teams?
    Which heroes can be used?

Give @Terminates Level 18 survivor and she will still score higher than I will ever be able to.

And to say challenge is repetition regardless of starting RSL, yes there I agree.
    But as solution start even lower and get earlier in the triple rounds? Really?
    Than have fun starting at RSL 3 again.

I don't want to bother you and I know many players think like you, but there are also many players who don't want to go back to lower starting RSLs.

:)
    unumPicgespuer
    @David_H79

Fact I got my personal best of 1131 when my team was level 20, with just a few 6 star survivors mixed in. Pinkies as you call them.

Now my whole team is level 21 with optimized max level 24 Gear and several 7 star survivors.

And I've not come CLOSE to my personal best.

Any insight to that? Maybe I just got suckier as a player? Could be?
    romeoDavid_H79theldssdl
    Keep in mind to that I've NEVER been one too blow tons of gold healing my teams, then or now.
    David_H79
    Triple post, yeah shoot me

And to be clear, I DON'T think increased repetition is THE ANSWER, just a temporary fix till they figure out how to properly balance the end game
    David_H79
    @BiggyGuyinTWD
    I see your point.
    And you are legitimate to ask for the changes.
    I only wanted to say that not all player have the same opinion on that.
    Let us agree to disagree.

Stay safe out there and best of luck for the challenge
    Something gotta be done man, I lead six guilds, and our top guild is ranked globally but a lot of our players interest is fading watching lower level players get so many stars after they invest so much time and resources to reach a higher level...
    David_H79romeo
  • 淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
    what makes challenging fun is to challenge your limits
    David_H79Captainslayer
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 608
    i couldnt agree more. thats what keeping us in challenges every week. but its within every guilds out there. this can happen. i crawled my way for time to time to be where i am right now. my view is that who grinds more should get more. like u working your ass for 12 hours and other guys working for 8 hours. same job. same pay. im okay with that. but if they got pay more. totally not OK
  • Jack_SladeJack_Slade Member Posts: 13
    It is fact that a player with lvl 20 survivors can easily beat a lvl 21 player in challenge. and yes, the star count of a player with all lvl 19 survivors can even beat a lvl 20 player. of course given that ability gear and pink stars are comparable. The reason is simple. Warlord nailed it. NG increased the power of walkers from lvl 25 upwards overproportional!! that is why your star count decreases the closer your starting lvl as well as the playthroughs come to that lvl in challenge. the star count of players who will lvl their survivors up to 22 will be screwed even more.

Biggy's proposal is a work around easy to realize by NG. The more accurate solution but also more difficult would of course be to adapt the walker strength from lvl 25 upwards.
    romeo
  • Jack_SladeJack_Slade Member Posts: 13
    @Warlord
    Agreed 100%
    ATLAS-Zromeo
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,928
    Don't want to be a dick about it, but...
    The progression is exponential, not lineair.

That said, big agree to @Warlord.
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    Not only has health of walkers increased dramatically from Rsl 24+, walkers have also been made stronger. I believe That is the reason for the discrepancy in star counts between lvl 20 survivors and lvl 21 survivors...despite NG saying 21 should outperform.
    I agree with warlord, it should be fairly linear: damage and health of survivors vs walkers should be parallel or trend upwards SLOWLY. But no converging and then diverging or walkers buffed to crazy amounts
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    romeo
  • soulpussoulpus Member Posts: 3
    Yes either bring back the 19 rsl or increase the bonus stars you get for completing a high level round
    romeofalowyn
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 576

The most recent balance change increasing the power of highest level survivors was a nice attempt to fix the level 21 issue, but unfortunately it's still not fixed.

Hers a post from one of our players still using level 20 survivors.

(Below)

We are a to 50 GLOBAL guild and several of our players using level 20 survivors top our charts.

The rest of us put up big numbers, but still struggle to match what we got at level 20s.

There is literally no incentive for these players to level up their teams. That's really does seem counterintuitive to the game platform?

Setting a maximum start RSL of 14, with repeats beginning permanently at RSL 19 is a logical solution.

Thanks!

Do away w/ the grind... Bring back repeatables!!!

Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    romeo
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    For the record, I never cared much one way or the other on the repeatables debate.

But how would bringing them back in any way "do away with the grind?"

It just means you might be grinding one specific map instead of six different ones.
    David_H79
  • unumunum Member Posts: 55
    Don't make me sleep walk through 2 levels of 19. Fix the way health/damage scales.
    romeo
  • 淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
    this thread is too complicated to me.

What are they talking about, playing Lv19 3 rounds?
    capibara
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 470
    I have 4 level 22 players now and repeating starts now at 21 so unless I get 25 weapons and gear I won't get close to my scores when it repeated earlier
    romeocapibara
  • unumunum Member Posts: 55
    Yes, some level 21 players are still wanting to go back to how level 20's begin. Start at RSL 14 with tiers starting at RSL 19. This has been talked about ad infinitum previously. If NG were to actually get the scaling figured out properly this isn't an issue at all. They could open up council level 85 with level 85 survivors and it wouldn't matter. Why not have every player start at 3 tiers of RSL 1 and grind up? Because it's boring beyond belief.
    romeo
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    I still have lvl 20's and the walker increase has f*cked me to btw, it's NOT just lvl 21's.
    But of course I can be a couple lvl lower than someone with lvl 21's and still have a higher score.
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    ATLAS-Zromeo
    I know this has been hashed and rehashed, but I'm hoping it doesn't go away. Let's keep the talk going. Voices being heard.

The balance changes @Warlord mentioned are of course the most desired. My suggestion was meant to be a quick fix, to satisfy the chafed.
    romeoJack_Sladexbassman