Open letter to NXTGMS:FH, ICO @teeceezy

Open letter to NTXGMS:FH
ICO @Teeceezy ,

I've been playing TWD:NML since Nov 2015... I fell in love w/ the game immediately and sunk hundreds of dollars towards countless hours of enjoyment. I became so captivated by the game that I turned into somewhat of a recluse so I could further my position in the game week after week while playing Challenges. The game also helped me pull through a medical emergency that left me severely depressed after damaging one of my five senses... the daily interaction and moral support of my guild mates made the game an integral part of my day... I will always be in your debt for that; much appreciated. The connections I've made thru guild playmates like Aangels of Sweden, Global Angels, Best of Sweden, and the DTP family were well worth the time and money invested....

All that said, I must admit, I've been a smart ass here. Most of my posts on the forum since joining in late 2015 have been cynical and critical of your employer, Next Games... even when I was having fun. With that, I kept coming back because it was still the most engaging game I've played in my lifetime... I'm not a young pup.

That is until 2.4 came out... everything went south w/ the 2.4 update. The "weekly Challenge losers" got their way and repeatables were gutted. A new grind system was put in its place. In the meantime, and in parallel, NTXGMS:FH became a profitable Company... Shitty came onboard to ruin the fun, but game wizards like Termi and The Las Vegas Brothers kept delivering stars week after week.

Hell... I tried to quit after 2.5 came out, but it was short lived... the DTP withdrawal symptoms proved more powerful than my anger at what damage NTXGMS:FH BOD did to the game w/ the 2.5 update... I held on in hope of a better future full w/ the joy of the old days...

No such luck... 2.6 comes out. TWD:NML is not fun anymore. NXTGMS:FH BOD has squeezed the fun out of it and w/ it the last penny from me on a gas booster the last week of 2.5... my 2.6 free gas booster gift is still in the shop waiting to be cashed out. I'm grasping at straws at how to stay connected w/ my guild family, but I'll manage w/o you or the game.

Thank you for the good times... I paid well for it in hard earned dollars so I can't really wish you good luck. Thumper's mom gave him great advice when she said, "if you don't have anything good to say, it's better not to say anything at all". I'll check in on occasion to see if things have changed, but... I AM DONE.
Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
"You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
CaptainslayerBraynerZ淡水地鼠R2runfastpaintbeastggbatstdiddyVudnikbigbeanoJapes87ArtisansSlowMogespuerInvadergcheong85pradiPicxbamfxGForceFragzieFester17NCDawgFanRedEye52RickGramesDeadBeatGrimGaelWarlordantromeoAnnette578InspTurbinesbiter3708N8Defenderkiwinz7JessR36Strike

Comments

• 淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
    Farewell
    DonCoquiromeo
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    Don i wish you the best
    DonCoquiromeo
  • SlowMoSlowMo Member Posts: 203
    Maybe I should load up some NG shares.. I'll feel better with every update nerf yet company remains profitable..
    DonCoqui
  • GForceGForce Member Posts: 238
    Sorry to see you go @DonCoqui
    :-(
    G-Force
    Eh Family
    DonCoquiromeoAnnette578
  • javajnkiejavajnkie Member Posts: 524
    @DonCoqui I hope you stay connected to your guild mates, at least until I join you in NML retirement, because who else will listen to my political rants and angry tirades?

I'll miss you, is what I'm trying to say.
    DTP leader
    Disturbing the Peace = the answer to the most common question asked by new guild mates.
    Looking for a great guild family? Email [email protected] or drop me a line here to join!
    Japes87DonCoquiBill_ZRTromeo
  • TaulusTaulus Member Posts: 22
    Genuine question:. What is making it not fun anymore? [Started October 2016]
    xbamfxhappydude
  • zivaoliviazivaolivia Member Posts: 179
    edited June 2017
    @Taulus I love the challenge still (in fact I love the new format, but I was never good with the LLS, though over the past few months, I have probably learned how that works). But the updates that just keeping raising the council level were you just have to grind, grind, grind and really do not get that much father as far as star count in the challenge once you upgrade is ridiculous. Why they feel the need to do this (since the most money comes from spending early in the game) is beyond me. They need to focus on creating more content. I know this, I will be in no hurry to upgrade to 22. I will not do it until I have all the equipment I need which will be forever as I will never buy another weapons bundle (well maybe 1-if they ever offer Morgan's staff with concussion).
    DonCoquiAvengersromeo
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 582

The grind. I haven't done much other than log in and collect for a year or more. Paying is a quick way to find out how much more it will cost to get anywhere. In time and money.

They don't need to lengthen the game play. By the time most get near they're worn out anyway, in spirit and wallet. It's the noobs that join and feel the need to spend wads of cash, that's gameplay in today's world. Spend a fortune for a while like a crazed addict only to find it really gets you nowhere anyway. Then quit with a sour taste in your mouth because of all that loot you now feel was such a waste.

Yup... indeed.
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    Annette578InspTurbines
  • BeeBee Member Posts: 8
    I was already misssing you my friend. I will miss you more! Whatever you do don't delete groupme!
    DonCoquiromeo
    Bee said:

I was already misssing you my friend. I will miss you more! Whatever you do don't delete groupme!

@Bee dont worry, i'm keeping GM!
    Bee
    javajnkie said:

@DonCoqui I hope you stay connected to your guild mates, at least until I join you in NML retirement, because who else will listen to my political rants and angry tirades?

I'll miss you, is what I'm trying to say.

@javajnkie i'm keeping in touch via GM and may join a vets guild to keep in touch w/ GM's insanity... I'm sure the future has buckets of popcorn awaiting w/ the drama Shootvee creates (or whatever his name is)...
    ArtisansAnnette578GrimGaeljavajnkie
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    We didnt learn what Daryl tried to teach us
    ggbatsRedEye52zeowerus

@Taulus I've played 19 months. Still fun for me. I've spent a grand total of $15 on this game (after my first 10 months of $0). I consider myself a free player so I'm guessing that's why I still enjoy the game. How could I complain about a game that I spend hours and hours on each week for free? And not just a crappy free trial. The full version of the game. Our guild family is made up of 80 people just like me. And we'll gladly take anyone that has had their guild break up due to people quitting.

Jerry Dixon

GreyWolfSociety

@jerrydixon on the Line app

LOL!
    TripodBee
    馬鹿野郎
    JerryDixonMonsuta
  • PurplehayesPurplehayes Member Posts: 7
    Wait...you mean cashing in the 2x XP and 24 hour gas supply, only to discover that through the arcane, unfathomable algorithm that is TWD:NML's matching system, You're going to only get the same 1 opponent...over...and over...and over...and over...an opponent that you CAN systematically beat, but only through the sacrifice of 2/3 of the team to heavy injury, meaning you have to wait 47 minutes between rounds, only to get matched to that same opponent the very next time you seek a match, and making the bonuses all but useless...ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME THAT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FUN?
    ...hmm, I think I understand why, over the last day, I was constantly reminded of my upcoming colonoscopy, even though it's not scheduled for another month....
    xbamfxDonCoquiAkartikiRedEye52
  • InspTurbinesInspTurbines Member Posts: 706
    Sadly, the loss of veteran players continues! Our guild (Amazons) lost three veteran players this week as well. The same mantra from all three, "NG has sucked the fun out of this game." The only reason that they hung in as long as they did was out of sense of loyalty to the guild. Sad.
    Japes87DonCoquitdiddyxbamfx
  • PsychmanPsychman Member Posts: 28
    You have spent hundreds on a game? Oh boy
    xbamfxDonCoqui
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,084
    Goodbye @DonCoqui
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tHrEe with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
    xbamfxDonCoqui
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    @DonCoqui Thanks for your message and for being a loyal player. Sorry to see you go and hope you do indeed come back at latest a few updates down the line - there is some awesome stuff on the way.

(@Purplehayes Getting the same outpost opponent is not intended behaviour and we're currently investigating employing a fix.)

Pain WalkerxbamfxDonCoquiGrimGael