Quarry gate is stopping me from advancing

EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
Level 25-1 Quarry gate is keeping me from advancing

Dang, I have tried multiple combos and can't get through it
My guys are all level 20 with level 23 weapons
I have several 6 and 7 pink star srvrs

Level 25 walkers are what I am facing while trying to get the gate open

I have tried several combos and all are no good so far
The best combo so far has been to put a 6 star bruiser on the gate, and a couple warriors with wide arc weapons to try and take out the tank and all the automatic spawns on the right side of the gate.

6 star Bruiser, 7 star scout with threat reduction and swift strike, and 6 star warrior was a no go several times

I have gotten through the gate a few times, but then the 2nd tank and grenadier is too much for my beaten up srvrs

In the past I have had lucky spawns with level 23 or 24 walkers and that has been the best chance of completing the map
But lately, all I seem to get is level 25's which are a handful for my level 20 srvrs with level 23 weapons

Anybody have a better setup for this map?
romeo

Comments

• David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    I made it with Abe in Lead, hunter and shooter.
    It was important to open the gate as soon as possible.
    Good luck :)
    EL34xyzbigbeanopsychwolfromeo
  • GarretGarret Member Posts: 135
    abraham (leg), assault (elite 3), shooter (elite 3) all with stun resistance, wrestler trait (combination of gold and silver) and silver/ gold piercing helped me pass 27.2.
    you absolutely need one ranged to kill the granadier when the fatty beyond the gate is near it.
    and it is crucial to start unlocking the gate 3 rounds before the next spawn.
    good luck!
    EL34xyzSpringChickenpsychwolf
  • sligoemsligoem Member Posts: 330
    I used three L21 scouts with mix of L23 & L24 gear (one weapon kingdom spear, one weapon with threat reduction), all armor with stun resist and wrestler trait.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    Capibara's strategy is good and is what I have been doing
    So I will continue to peck away at it and hope for a lucky spawn
    gespuerJackBauer
    As far as using Abe, my abe is only rare and my assaults have no impact on level 25 walkers and especially tanks
    Garret said:

abraham (leg), assault (elite 3), shooter (elite 3) all with stun resistance, wrestler trait (combination of gold and silver) and silver/ gold piercing helped me pass 27.2.
    you absolutely need one ranged to kill the granadier when the fatty beyond the gate is near it.
    and it is crucial to start unlocking the gate 3 rounds before the next spawn.
    good luck!

The big problem here is that the tank being a level 25 takes 3 turns to kill it with just two srvrs
    By that time, two more auto spawns each turn are beating the crap out of everyone
    By the time the gate opens, there is a massive spawn from using ranged weapons
    edited June 2017
    Part of the problem is my pinky warriors don't seem to be as powerful as they were before the update

check this out
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/26883/warrior-nerf#latest
    JackBauer
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Welcome to the club. We have most of our guild players sitting with stars on five missions, trying like mad to finish just one star on the Gate mission so we can collect our bonus stars and move up. For me, I can get the gate open successfully, but can't get all three survivors into the exit. Good luck to us all.
    EL34xyzgespuer
    NCDawgFan said:

Welcome to the club. We have most of our guild players sitting with stars on five missions, trying like mad to finish just one star on the Gate mission so we can collect our bonus stars and move up. For me, I can get the gate open successfully, but can't get all three survivors into the exit. Good luck to us all.

Ok, so it's not just me :)

I knew something seemed fishy when my pink star warriors did not seem to making as much damage as I was used to
    Thanks Dawg
  • JellyttaJellytta Member Posts: 18
    thanks for the abraham tip, i was about to commit suicide (xDDDD) before i read this because i was stuck and i've already repeated that mission 10 times at least, and i passed it and even got 2 stars!!!! so thank you guys <3
    bigbeano
  • WhispererWhisperer Member Posts: 103
    I succeded 25/1 with 6 star warrior and scout, and another 5 star scout..
    Whisperer said:

I succeded 25/1 with 6 star warrior and scout, and another 5 star scout..

Nice, looks like you made it by the skin of your teeth
  • WhispererWhisperer Member Posts: 103
    @EL34xyz
    I was lucky af..
    EL34xyzromeo
    I just racked up 2+ hours hospital time using my 6 star warrior, 7 star scout and a 6 star bruiser on the gate
    romeo
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,426
    Did it with Abe, a hunter and a scout. The scout damage bonus comes in handy with the fatties
    Avengers
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,406
    @tdiddy awsome
    Are you looking to join a new guild we have a development guild for our main guild looking to fill a spot you'd fit in perfectly lol
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    bigbeanojavajnkie
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    Ha no thanks i'm happy where i am
    CaptainslayerbigbeanoNCDawgFanromeo
  • 淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
    u don't have to kill all the walkers, just go the the exit asap
    bigbeanoDavid_H79romeo
  • antant Member Posts: 547
    2 scouts (1 with threat reduction) and a hunter got me through 28.2. Although, it took me forever to get past that level.
    Click here to join the BlackjacknBeef/Asylum Family.

Click here to see my youtube strategy videos.
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    I sensed from the get-go with update 2.5 that NG would ensure there is always at least one mission that is designed to be the advancement stopper (anyone remember archives?). They say it's to keep the game challenging. Instead it's a way to keep star counts down and, as a result, to reduce their already penny ante delivery of rewards. Remember when, for two weeks, we actually had reasonable token draws? Long gone now.

This is flawed software from a mindlessly greedy company which turns the "RNG" dials up and down and then sit back and evaluate the spreadsheet data.

Quite contrary to a viable mobile game company, their intent is to keep us from advancing naturally, with hard work, with or without $ (whales aside), and subtly force either total boredom or submission to the pressures to pay.

For shame.
    Invadergcheong85
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    as a f2p i was able to pass 27.1 with my 6 star shooter, warrior and scout, all lvl 21

warrior and scout (with green pitchfork upgraded to lvl 23) took care of the spawns every round
    the shooter wrestled the first fatty, after that started to open the gate exactly 3 rounds before the next spawn
    got lucky because the grenadier, shot by the shooter, killed most of the walkers on the left side, killed one remaining burning fatty with warrior and scout and the last fatty got wrestled by the scout just in time before another respawn arrived
    tdiddy