Fouled Prison (Formerly The Prison)

PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
So after Fouled Prison formerly The Prison was announced as this weeks challenge I was rather excited (not really) to see what vast sweeping changes they have made which could explain the reason its been absent from the challenges for many many months (sure someone knows the last time it was featured over 6 months maybe?)

So anyhow here is a full list of changes i've noticed.

1) They changed the name of the challenge.

Well thats me done cya!
banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
iozzegJadenpsychwolfR2runfastMinistrDoTaksrmcn1031TeeceezySquall_NMLAval0nGeneral_PainLoewe1968vshield50TroublemakerStelioCaptainslayer8N8jpsgespuerggbatsDBonesHamphilrustynailTheLostOnesRedEye52MattOfEarthbigbeanogcheong85romeoADPaqKarajocatdiddybuchizombiebreathjimmorrison369antConan1976OvidmikelholoSgtSalamiLightfeetT_12

Comments

• DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Mid August, 2016, if my records are correct
    romeoT_12
  • srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    So you would figure we had this mid August 2016 until now. They could have changed something, anything, to make it more interesting instead of the same shit different day. Can we please get some excitement SOON!!
    gespuerromeobababooeyT_12
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 487
    Yeap, I missed reverse escape especially. It's one of the oldest missions around, had great fun with bruisers for this one until the nerf came out :(
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,335
    Almost positive we've had it called Fouled Prison once before though
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146

Almost positive we've had it called Fouled Prison once before though

It did appear to be the next challenge on one occasion but was switched out at the last minute, this is the first time weve played it under its new name.

banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    DoTakbigbeanoromeo
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,335
    @Poppy Gotcha. I knew I had seen that name already
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • gcheong85gcheong85 Member Posts: 149
    That's to be expected from NG. Change the name of the challenge or replace normal walkers to fatties equals to the experience of a new playing experience.
    RedEye52CaptainslayeriBolski
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 487
    I thought I was dreaming too @Pig , my sequence of attack is the same and the bruiser attacked my scout in the next turn when he should be stunned.
    romeogcheong85
  • biter370biter370 Member Posts: 117
    @Pig
    @Teeceezy
    I had the same issue with regular walkers being stunned by an assult then attacking as soon as it was the walkers turn on Reverse Escape and Caged Goods.
    I asked my guild and one person says it happen once to them.
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    > @Pig said:
    > I stunned the bruiser on Handrails with an assault charge, but he attacked me immediately on his turn anyway! I didn't notice if he got "stun resisted" or if he simply recovered and attacked. Either way, he should have been stunned for a turn and wasn't.
    >
    > Has this happened to anyone else, here or in another challenge? Do saviors get stun resistance now?

Me too, @pig, me too.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    Dear All,

'We are looking into it'.

PS: 'only looking' at it
    tdiddy
  • LoopyloogrrrLoopyloogrrr Member Posts: 24
    I've had an issue where a walkers health dissappears as if its died. But attacks me then my survivor retaliates. Unfortunately unless dodge kicks in I've taken damage. Very annoying.
    Ovidmikel
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    That's because the retaliate attack kills it. Another visual bug that shows things before they happen
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
  • dungeonmaster201dungeonmaster201 Member Posts: 98
    On the hand rAils one, I try to let the hunter attack than I try to take him out. That's probably my least favorite of this bunch, mainly at how small everything is.
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @Loopyloogrrr. Ive had that happen on several ocassions . an armoured walker lost all health should have died but attacked then died . my shooters dont have retaliate so that cant be the case . pretty sure both times it happened on sweeping the cellar
  • FreckledAzzFreckledAzz Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2017

On the hand rAils one, I try to let the hunter attack than I try to take him out. That's probably my least favorite of this bunch, mainly at how small everything is.

I like to advance level only if I have all three stars, and I can't get past level 19 walkers/survivors without bruising with my all level 20, some with pink star, and level 20/21 weapons. Officially annoyed!

ETA...Point being, any recommendations on what combo team that you've had success with would be appreciated.
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    @FreckledAzz I like Abraham-shooter-shooter so far. "So far" = through RSL 25.3 with level 21 survivors.

The key is to kill that hunter with a combination of good luck and good timing. You either unload on him after he's fired at walkers on the previous turn (so he has no overwatch), or you hit him with gold range shooters so he can't touch you. During the first turn or so, you need to be careful to make sure he has a walker target without one of your own survivors in line behind it.

It is of course possible to slip up and lose a star, but so far this team is the one that seems least likely for me to miss a star. I'm sure you could replace Abe with another assault or hunter or whatever, really.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    WahooDawgSquall_NMLgespuerbigbeano
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    I just experienced another Freemen glitch/intended feature. Again, it was on Handrails but this time it was the hunter. See this image and I'll explain below:

This is in the middle of my turn. At the start of this turn, none of my survivors has been injured yet. I decided to go for the hunter, even though it meant risking an injury from the bruiser.

Vincent shot his charge attack at the hunter, which took him to bleeding. I figured Vincent's next shot might not take him out, but then Heather could finish the job, and if I was lucky I might dodge the bruiser.

Sure enough, Vincent's shot didn't kill the hunter. To my surprise though, the hunter shot Vincent, right in the middle of my turn! The words "Bonus Attack" appeared above the hunter. You can see it's still my turn since Abe and Heather still have action points.

I've never seen anything like this before, not on my survivors nor on freemen/saviours/raiders. So far this challenge I've seen a bruiser get stunned and still attack me on his turn, and now a hunter get "bonus attack" and shoot me in the middle of my own turn.

@Teeceezy @Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet Is there anyway we could get some clarity on these phenomena? Are these things meant to be happening? If so, why? Do human enemies now have active traits? If so, what trait gives a hunter the ability to retaliate but uses the message "bonus attack" instead?

Or are these bugs, and is anything going to be done to fix them?
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    On Reverse Escape I noticed something too.
    I used two Scouts with thread reduction and reduced the threat counter to zero.
    After the thread counter resets, there spawned many walkers in all directions.
    Is there always a spawn?
    I don't mean the one walker that spawns every round.
    What sense makes the thread counter?
    KaLi
  • FearofabotplanetFearofabotplanet Staff Posts: 539
    @Pig Hmm. I'll ask around and let you know what I find out.
    Piggespuergcheong85tdiddy
    @Teeceezy has 'delegate' the sponge role to @Fearofabotplanet . Well played, c****d.
    gespuer