Highlights Episode 3 - Solving The Formula: Official Discussion Thread

New Episode is live, go check it out now!
Pain Walkerdarthvictorgespuer

Comments

• darthvictordarthvictor Member Posts: 173
    Man just got destroyed on the first trial...so I'm asking for some assistance early because it looks like I'm going to need some strategies...how are you all beating it?
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,481
    edited June 2017
  • THCrossTHCross Member Posts: 473
    2 assault or Maggie and assault Glen assault
    Farm farm farm farm.....
    posthuman
    darthvictorgespuerT_12
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Merging this with the discussion thread.
    darthvictor
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 474
    Assault and warrior, open all 3 go back to where u started, no need to push dumpster aside
    paintbeast
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    Goo walkers and more regular walkers came frm starting point. When it's too hard to handle you need to push that dumpster, but of course you've to kill the fatty and the rests first (spawn frm there only 1 walker come out every turn). Good luck :+1:
    T_12
  • pradeepnaga23pradeepnaga23 Member Posts: 5
    Please update Walker pit .....
    T_12
  • WhispererWhisperer Member Posts: 103
    I didnt even notice another exit.. :p
    gespuerJadenT_12
  • sicariussicarius Member Posts: 57
    Don't like that you have 2 options to escape. Should have to push the box out of the way to get out, not just get back to start.

Like the waves that come out to make it a little more challenging, and nice for farming if desired.

Could change my tune at levels 3-4-5, but overall feels a little uninspired and seems too easy, especially with the option to skip the box push.

I'm using 2 assaults with wide angle.
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    Whisperer said:

I didnt even notice another exit.. :p

Me either, if Maggie didn't shoot at 2nd exit direction during overwatch.

When she shoot, i wanna yell, where the hell were you shooting at? Because i didn't see any walkers at first. Then i slide my tab, and ta dahh.. It almost got me too >:)

CarlyWhispererT_12
  • Carl_s_HatCarl_s_Hat Member Posts: 183
    sicarius said:

Don't like that you have 2 options to escape. Should have to push the box out of the way to get out, not just get back to start.

Like the waves that come out to make it a little more challenging, and nice for farming if desired.

Could change my tune at levels 3-4-5, but overall feels a little uninspired and seems too easy, especially with the option to skip the box push.

I'm using 2 assaults with wide angle.

I used Daryl and Rosita in 1-2. No problem. I have breezed thru 3-4 before only to get my butt kicked in 5. Right now it seems easier than the first two episodes.
    sicarius
  • wasteoftimewasteoftime Member Posts: 30
    What's up with the character symbol on the challenge. I thought for the briefest of moments that we might rescue a new character with new traits is that the case.?
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    > @wasteoftime said:
    > What's up with the character symbol on the challenge. I thought for the briefest of moments that we might rescue a new character with new traits is that the case.?

It's a goo walker (plus a standars fattie)
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    bigbeano
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    I like the map but I'm a bit perplexed about the exit to the right. What's the advantage of opening that door? I tried it out just to test but it clearly made things more difficult because you had to deal with spawns from two sides.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    sicarius
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    The right side have lesser spawn, so it's easier to finish.
    gespuerPig
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    I suspect the exit at the start position was a mistake, otherwise the dialogue doesn't make any sense. Nah, that would never happen because everything is thoroughly tested at Nerfed Games. ;)
    Be a man @Monsuta and head left. I got 10 radios for finishing on the left side ;)
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @painclasher Left side can be easy too, place one assault on the exit zone, then another survivor open the last red flashing box, the first survivor kill the walker on the exit zone, the last survivor go to the exit, easily done.
    gespuer
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Two hunters w/gold bore.
    Easy peasy farming.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    gespuer
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    2 scouts with swiftstrike ... kill them sobs slayer style
    DBonesT_12sicarius
  • sicariussicarius Member Posts: 57
    Got through all 5 without issues plus a lot of farming. 2 assaults the whole way.
    5th level was weird - no fatty at the beginning and only 1 goo in the first wave.
    Not really much to this one ... kinda blah overall.
    darthvictor
  • darthvictordarthvictor Member Posts: 173
    Ok thanks everyone! I'm still having a heck of a time beating this one...I got through the first 3 trials but the 4th one is killing me...I've got to upgrade my gear but now I've got to upgrade my weapons facility...ugh the endless grind...not having my weapons and armor upgraded is hindering my play so bad...I'm level 52 with all level 20 heroes...except Father Gabriel...most are epic the blue color...I'm close to legendary Daryl and Glenn but again the endless token hunting...love the game though!
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 712
    Used 2 hunters for the first two trials, then went swishing through the walkers with Jesus and a scout!
    Nice map :)
    Alive!
  • 707EmeraldTriangle707EmeraldTriangle Member Posts: 98
    UGH I'm stuck on 4/5.
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    Try a scout+assault combo. Send the Scout left first to get the box, while the Assault starts clearing a path to the right. Your Scout will outrun any enemies on that side, so theres no need to even engage.

Next move your two survivors to the right side boxes. Assault does crowd control, scout opens the boxes. Once done, push the garbage bin down, use your assault charge on the spawn coming from the new exit area, and your Scout to finish off the fatty.

Then an easy stroll to the finish line. Even with subpar equipment, it should be do-able with minimal to no damage taken.