More bodyshots since 2.6???

Before 2.6, my L21 hunters and assaults were mowing down L23 walkers without blinking an eye - almost never a bodyshot. Since 2.6, however, I am getting an inordinate amount of bodyshots from my hunters and assaults, including a 7-star assault and 5-star Maggie who have both been upgraded to L22 (and both using L24 legendary weapons - the same weapons they were mowing down L23 walkers with pre-2.5). How can they be getting MORE bodyshots when they have been leveled UP? Was there anything in the update notes about this that I may have missed? If not, are others experiencing this as well?
Board-certified slayer of the dead
Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
PicT_12RWSKillersZNCDawgFanMaD VapoRCaptainslayersrmcn1031VudniksligoemRedEye52DEADITE_HUNTERromeo

Comments

• NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,071
    I agree with this @DBones. I tried to bring it up a few weeks ago when everyone was complaining about warriors but someone whined my points were not perinate to their thread. My level 22, 8 star hunter with a level 25 rifle and the 50% damage boost just body shot a level 24 walker on an XP farming mission.
    sligoemDEADITE_HUNTERromeoTimboski
  • LoopyloogrrrLoopyloogrrr Member Posts: 24
    My shooter gets more body shots and way less one hit kills.
    Captainslayergespuerromeo
  • MaD VapoRMaD VapoR Member Posts: 37
    Definitely see more bodyshots
    DEADITE_HUNTERromeo
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    Is this issue bring experienced by everyone in 2.6 or just those with Lvl 22 survivors with Lvl 24 gear?

Reason I ask is it could be some kind of survivor/gear ratio that's affecting it. When the Lvl 21 survivor was using Lvl 24 upgraded gear both the gear and survivor is maxed. Now the same survivor is Lvl 22 and their gear is Lvl 24 (not maxed for their level but rather a level below theirs) and could be causing this issue.

If the issue happened exactly as 2.6 happened (meaning Lvl 21 survivors with Lvl 24 gear) then it could be some behind the scenes "balancing"

Both of these are just theories. I am not speaking on behalf of NG nor do I know how their codes are set up.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    gespuer
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,435
    I actually shifted to using a more diverse team this last challenge with more scouts so I couldn't tell but I always felt like rsl 23 and up body shots were the norm constantly. The only time I didn't feel the assault class and hunter class weren't body shot heaven was during the weeks they were buffed.
    Vudnik
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    On the one hand, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. On the other, I'm NOT glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. This tells me that either A) there is an unintended balancing issue (which will likely take god-knows-how-long to fix), or worse, B) it's working as intended and we all just need to get used to the obnoxious amount of body shots.

On a side note, I also forgot to mention in my OP that the L24 gear that is equipped when I get these body shots both have gold piercing, and the assault rifle also has silver luck. All the more reason I should be getting FEWER body shots, not exponentially MORE.

@Teeceezy , is this an issue that is being looked into?
    n1konRedEye52romeo
    @Loopyloogrrr , I didn't take notice of shooters, probably because of the buff, but now I'm gonna keep a closer eye on them too.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,580
    edited June 2017
    Sure, we'll look into your reports. :)@DBones
    DEADITE_HUNTERromeo
    Wtf is with the sunglasses emoji in my response above? Stupid autocorrect, that was supposed to be "B)". Smh...
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,470
    My lvl 22 Legendary Maggie with lvl 24 Legendary weapon is not 1-hit killing lvl 25 walkers, despite the 50% Hunter bonus.

Nothing surprises me anymore.
    DBonesCaptainslayerDEADITE_HUNTERromeo
    @rfg1982 , same thing just happened to me (again), but it was a L23 walker. L22 legendary Maggie with L24 legendary rifle (with gold piercing) - bodyshot. Next mission, my L22 7-star assault with L24 legendary rifle with silver luck and gold piercing bodyshots TWO L23 walkers while crit-hitting 2 others in the same turn. WTF??
    TroublemakerDEADITE_HUNTERromeo
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    edited June 2017
    Lest blame (R)NG. Hope it is not really issue, I do really hope.
    I did some rounds of Highlights mission and My 6 star hunter had no issues with lvl24/25 walkers, though he had no piercing on rifle, so seems Im not in this.
    gespuerRickGrames
  • DEADITE_HUNTERDEADITE_HUNTER Member Posts: 135
    Same issue with me.
    romeo