Question: Level 22 Gear Crates?

falowynfalowyn Member Posts: 73
What Player Level do you need to reach to guarantee level 22 drops out of Legendary Gear Crates?

Player Level 62
8 level 22 Survivors
Opened a Legendary Gear Crate
Generated a level 21 item

This feels like a massive waste of Trade Goods. What are the necessary and sufficient conditions to get iLVL 22 Legendary items from these crates?

Thank you!

gcheong85

Comments

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,673
    Update Notes 2.6

- Rare, Epic, and Legendary Gear Crates will guarantee level 22 equipment for players at camp level 63.
    falowynMinistr
  • falowynfalowyn Member Posts: 73
    Excellent. Thank you!
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    But 12.5 TG items are still of highest level of survivor of that class, right?
    Ministr
    It's Shooter week and I have a shooter among my 8 level 22 survivors.

The 12.5 TG shooter items available so far this week have both been base level 22.
    General_Quatre
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    How in Hershel's Name do you already have 8 Level 22s? I thought I was ahead of the game, and I just started my 1st one this morning...
    biter370MattOfEarthsligoem
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 569
    On the other hand, I am hoping to get guaranteed lvl 21 gear instead. Any way to get that except for 12.5k crates? @zbot

How in Hershel's Name do you already have 8 Level 22s? I thought I was ahead of the game, and I just started my 1st one this morning...

I timed my Update Gift (XP Kill & Gas boost) for a weekend day where I could focus on churning through missions. It was also a double XP mission weekend too, which was really useful.
    Then I used some of the gold I had hoarded to push the timer whenever I started a 21 to 22 character upgrade.
    This allowed for multiple character upgrades within that 24 hour span and keep refilling the rather limited XP storage bin.

My first level 25 weapon is almost out of the manufacturing bay in a few hours, actually:
    Shooter Legendary Gun with Charging / Lethal / High Powered

Without Piercing it'll have limited use for pushing high level Challenges, but it was the best option I had when the Workshop upgrade came online. If I give it to my purple Shooter, it'll still be a pretty solid weapon.
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 638
    @zbot . im lvl 63 but all offers in store are lvl 21. and all bundles also 21
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,673
    @romeo 12.5K TG crates and bundles are at the highest level of the survivor class so it probably means your survivors are level 21 for those you actually need level 22 survivors for level 22 gear.

The gold, epic and legendary crates are player level dependent.
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 638
    alrighty @zbot i understand now. thanks