Penalized for Upgrading

Comments

• DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    My suggestion:

Keep the system as is for levels 20 and lower. From levels 21-25, keep the start level at 15 and the triple rounds at level -2. At levels 26-30, make the start level 20 and triple rounds still at level -2.

This way there is no penalty for increasing survivor level at each level, only the one time when there is a bump to that next tier at level 26, and players will be forewarned that there is an impending start level bump. Also at this start level bump, make it so that the bump occurs with the first survivor leveled up to 26. If we, as players, get bigger tiers to work with, then we should have less of a buffer when that start level bump happens.

This will force more levels to grind, but everyone's gripe seems to be about losing stars. Having a static starting level while having survivor levels increase will provide more stars for people to collect. Unless NG is will to provide bigger freebie stars for completing sets, I don't see how this system can divorce itself from the necessary grind to collect large amounts of stars.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Very good suggestions here... something needs to be done.

You have my support @rfg1982
    Troublemakerromeo
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 594
    I would like to add on a dilemma which has arisen from this. I was an end game player with all lvl 20 survivors when update 2.5 came out. After the mayhem over survivors upgrade, many like me (I believe) chose not to upgrade survivors to 21.

Within 2 months, update 2.6 came out and being not an end game player now, I can only draw survivors gear from a range of lvl 20 - lvl 22 from the TG shop. I am "so called forced" (what use do I have for lvl 21,22 gear?) to upgrade the majority of my survivors to lvl 21 while keeping two survivors at lvl 22 in order not to lose out any "easy stars" along the way

My dilemma is this now, there is no guaranteed way for me to get lvl 21 gear neither at camp 61,62 nor 63 except for 12.5k TG crates. I believe this is an overlook in the the design on the game and I hoped to see something that can worked out in any future updates.
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    Add more rsl levels to cause ima hit that rsl 40 "soon" or "soonish" i'll let you know if it's working as intended
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Member Posts: 181
    So I only upgraded ONE survivor to 22, and my hard scavenge mission went to RSL 25. Seriously? So I will lose stars, and only be able to do easy scavenge missions. yay!
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    @Heisenberg
    I think (and hope for you) that you'll still start callenges with RSL 15 (repeats at RSL 20). But RSL 25 for scavenge is a bummer and not cool. That's so not cool!
    KaLiggbatsPicAmBush
  • RWSRWS Member Posts: 308
    Scavenge mission for me are now at 23 for easy and 26 for hard.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    When you upgrade 1 survivor from 21 to 22 your scavenger mission goes up. That's as designed. When you upgrade 2 survivors from 21 to 22 nothing changes (as that's what's said by Teeceezy. When you upgrade 3 survivors from 21 to 22 your triple round starts at RSL 21 (instead of 20 netting a loss of 76 stars)

It's intended when you raise the level of 1 survivor your scavenger RSL goes up by 1 but not your challenge triple round.

Hope that clears things up.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    gespuer
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    I will start by saying that yes, it is weird how the game becomes more difficult immediately following a survivor upgrade.

But this seems to be another case where max-level players have forgotten how this game goes. It has been the same for literally EVERY PREVIOUS LEVEL (except maybe 1 --> 2). We are always penalized in the short term, but get stronger in the long term. Perhaps you all sat at level 20 for too long and forgot, but this is not new. NG did not come up with some new way to screw you out of stars. This is how it's always been.

Does it suck? Yes, every single time. I also realize it takes longer and longer to get back to "normal" with each higher difficulty. But it's not some new tweak that came with level 21. It's always been this way, and they really have no grounds to fix it. It's not a change; it's just as strange as it's always been.
    paintbeastMabikiSpringChickencrambert_necKillersZromeoPic