Penalized for Upgrading

Comments

• CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,393
    @RedEye52 it's only been like this since challenge 2.0 not always.
    I'm not sure how they can fix the issue, I'd be fairly happy if rsl starting lvl and triple lvl changed with every 2 lvl upgrades rather then every single one
    Proud member of the Army of Slayers top guild in guild wars

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    gespuerRedEye52ant
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @RedEye52 It was the combination of challenge 2.0 and the addition of a max level that was never originally intended that introduced the star penalty for upgrade in this game.
    RedEye52Pic
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Very well said @Bill_ZRT

Man! :'(
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    @Warlord great post!!

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    WarlordWeekOneSpringChicken
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    @vshield50 Don't bait. Rule #4, get to know them.
    David_H79WeekOneMarkTimboski
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    That's a completely different rule @paintbeast. :joy:
    paintbeastDLichWeekOneMark
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    @Captainslayer @paintbeast Maybe for challenge stars, but that's not what I said. Go read my post again before you correct me.

We have always had the temporary disadvantage after leveling up survivors. You all are specifically complaining about the challenge (and rightly so), but it also affects scavenge missions and season missions, for example. But you can also see an immediate benefit, even without new gear, on story mode or outposts. But it's still not new.

Challenge 2.0 definitely made it worse, and much more obvious, sure. But it was always there.
    Captainslayerromeojimmorrison369
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,393
    @RedEye52 I see your point but I suppose I never thought it was even a temporary disadvantage when scavenge missions went up a lvl in fact I didn't even notice they went up until someone on the forum pointed it out
    Proud member of the Army of Slayers top guild in guild wars

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    paintbeastant
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,096
    Well said @WeekOne !
    Mavericks Guild Family
    WeekOnepaintbeast
  • unumunum Member Posts: 55
    Currently, at RSL 30 and above, it's 4 tier repeatables, instead of the usual 3 tier repeatables. What if they were to move the 4 tier repeatable down to +6 (or whatever) of the maximum survivor level possible. Pre 2.6 with level 21 survivors being the max, the 4 tiered repeatables would have started at RSL 27. Post 2.6 with level 22 being the max, 4 tiered repeatables would start at RSL 28. If NG chooses to upgrade the council again and introduce level 23, it would start at 29 and so on. This way there would be an incentive to upgrade to the max level survivors because all things being equal (survivor stars, gear, traits, etc) a lower level survivor cannot get as far as a higher level survivor due to the health/damage advantage as well as the body shot problem. A player with max level survivors (22's currently) is going to have an easier time getting to those extra tiered repeatables and the extra stars they could produce. Just a thought.
    Piccarefree
  • BosshoggBosshogg Member Posts: 12
    Well, I have felt the handicap this week in the challenge. PB last week when starting the challenge with no lvl 22 survivors. This weeks challenge I started with 4 and I'm 100 stars down on last week with better survivors!!!
    WeekOneromeo
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    @Bosshogg don't you read the forums much? If you did, you would know upgrading is a bad thing :wink:
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    vshield50gespuerromeoPic
    Bump!
    TroublemakerDLich
  • johnny9johnny9 Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2017
    Daaamn! I don't agree that players with survivors lvl 20 and only 2 survivors lvl 21 have 106 stars bonus, but players with over 3 survivors lvl 21 are penalized with 106 stars.. Players with 2 survivors lvl 21 use same damage and health as players with 3 survivors lvl 21, buuut 3 survivors don't have 106 stars as 2 survs lvl 21. I want ca NG remove these stupid "cheats" and immoral 2 survivors lvl 20/21/22... because this ruin loyalty and normality for players with 3 survivors lvl 21 and 22. Some players cannot to unlock some heroes because they keep 2 survivors lvl 21 for bonus star in challenge illogical. This is so unfair and illogical.

PLEASE FIX this UNFAIR score stars challenge.
    CaptainslayerTroublemakerWeekOnePiccarefree
  • johnny9johnny9 Member Posts: 15

From table result you so more penalized at survivor lvl 22, even lvl 21. You spend so much time, XP, TG for searching gears lvl 24, 25, but you cannot to have more stars than 2 survivor lvl 21 & 1 surv lvl 20. It's need to remove this stupid formula with 2 survs lvl x+1 & 1 surv lvl x because they have stars saved/kept, not penalized as 3 survs lvl x. And this is very unfair and immoral.
    CaptainslayerromeoTroublemaker
    Very well said @Warlord and rule #77 is sad @tdiddy so I can’t click on agree or disagree.

I hope we can change that.
    tdiddy
  • GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    I've upgraded just one survivor to level 22 and now it's touch and go whether I can get through hard scavenge missions (rsl is now 26). Two missions tops and then I'm in the hospital for 2 hours.
    romeo