My fat fingers cost me 30 gold!!

I opened the app to play and saw that I had an achievement completed. I guess when I ran out of gas in the challenge a few hours ago and closed the app down from the challenge map screen I didn't see it. So anyway, I get past the opening splash screen, my camp screen loads and I notice the +1 to the quest tab. I press it and nothing happens. I press it again and nothing happens. I press it a third time and the screen loads and low and behold I've scrapped a "kill no walker" achievement for 30 gold. This has taught me that...

1) Don't save quests to finish at a later time. Do them as soon as you get them.
2) Don't press any buttons until your game center name shows up on the top of the screen
3) Don't repeatedly press a button if it's not responding right away
4) Don't have fat fingers
5) Don't press the quest button as soon as your camp loads

I hope this helps someone else not make the same mistake. The Quest button maybe should be on the other side of the screen perhaps.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
| My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
DoTakDavid_H79LightfeetTheLostOnesTHCrossGovernatorJadenbigbeanoCodeVeronicaXgespuercapibaraRedEye52rustynailbababooeyzeowerus

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    I suggest swapping the Quest button with the "1d 23h" radio bundle thing this way I'll be sure to never accidently discard a quest again.

THCrossRedEye52sligoem
    @DoTak it's all good. I had to make the screen shot to see how close they are in comparison and there is some gap so I'm attributing it to my fat thumb lol. It's only 30 gold but it's the most gold achievement. This did happen I'm not making it up nor am I blaming NG for this design flaw that absolutely gives us fat fingered people a disadvantage :trollface::trollface::trollface:

It is unfortunate this happened but I don't want to see any of my fellow forum members run into the same issue.

THCrossgespuerRedEye52
    I think if people follow step 2 then all the other steps can be ignored. I'd send a support ticket in but I'm sure it was probably my wifi connection or something that caused it. At least I know for future.

David_H79THCrosscapibara
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    My fingers aren't fat, but even so, I prefer using a stylus when playing on my phone
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,646
    Mr Fat Finger nice to meet you. They call me Mr Lil Fingy

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    THCrossDLichcapibara
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    What device are you using @DLich ? Is that seriously how you view the quests? This is what I see when I press on the quest button.
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    DLichgespuerTHCross
    @Avengers no I took 2 screen shots and combined them into one. The top layer is what I see when I'm at my camp screen. The left portion I cut and put there to show how close the buttons are to eachother. Once you press 'quest' you get the left portion and it looks just like yours.

My screen shot is meant to show how close the quest button is to the delete quest button.

THCross
    If you press on the screen where the location of the ques button is and press that exact part of the screen again you can possibly delete the quest if you have fat fingers like me.

I only pressed it multiple times because the screen wasn't reacting basically because up until the Game Center thingy loads on top the screen lags.

I just happened to lag at the worst time on one of the easiest gold achievements which made me frustrated and is the true reasoning for this thread.

This is not NG's fault. It's mine because of my impatience and fat fingers.

THCrossLightfeet
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    But if your screen becomes my screen, why is having fat fingers a problem? The delete quest and quest button will never be right beside each other like that..?
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    @Avengers they aren't beside eachother. Once you press the "quest" button the quests should show. They didn't for me it lagged. The lag caused me to hit the delete quest button by accident