Why unlock heroes

TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
Instead of unlocking heroes I'm leaving them until I reach lvl22 . This way they'll all become instant lvl22 hero.
;)
-
TJS  -  Member of W-S
Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
Human3001SPC_TORRESiBolskiTroublemakerxbamfxsrmcn1031

Comments

• Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    That was my dream when max survivor lvl is 20. Update 2.5 broke my heart and update 2.6 shattered it into pieces. Now, i just play when i like, no race to get highest lvl again.
    SPC_TORRESiBolskiFlintstoneCaptainslayer
  • iBolskiiBolski Member Posts: 66
    I figure unlock and use their hero boosts now. Why wait? Sooner or later, there won't be a max level. And when they raise that max level, it will eventually no longer be the max. I unlock them as they come.
    In-Game Username: Bolski
    Guild: Glorius-Undead (Leader) - Yes! That's how it's spelled. ;)
    [email protected]
    https://discord.gg/aZndenz

TJST_12David_H79CodeVeronicaXCaptainslayer
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I've unlocked any I need.
    Anyway just providing a strategy for other.
    Share your ideas rather than criticize.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    Accidentally unlocked Dwight and Carl back then, and even both of them are epic but i don't use them very often. I still keep locked some heroes: Rick, Carol, Sasha, Morgan & Eugene because i don't like wasting XP for those heroes that i don't actually use. My hard earned XP by grinding day after day should used for upgrade my existing heroes/survivors only. That's my choice and won't regret it! ;)
    TJS
  • darthvictordarthvictor Member Posts: 173
    I personally love unlocking the heroes and CANNOT wait until we can unlock the governor! I mean come on who doesn't like using Daryl with his killer crossbow or using Rick to blast those saviors.
    MattOfEarth
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 624
    Just play the way you like to play. There is no better or worse strategy. If it suits you, do it that way, and don't let anybody tell you you're wrong. It is just a game, after all, have fun.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    TJSCarl_s_Hat
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 624
    edited June 2017
    @TJS, you're thinking is not wrong with waiting to unlock. However, most heroes are mostly useless, so don't throw-off your Challenge-Star earning by unlocking too many 22s at once, unless that doesn't matter to you.

Remember that once you have 3 lvl22s, you won't be repeating RSLs till 21, not 20. Immediately costing you 76 Challenge Stars.

Other than a few, there are no "heroes" worth this cost. My list of importance would be(in no particular order) Abraham, Maggie, Glenn, Rosita, Sasha and Daryl. With notable mentions for Jesus and Dwight. I try to avoid "heroes" who's "hero traits" rely on getting hit/bruised/injured, etc.

>>>If I didn't mention them it's because I haven't unlocked them::: Carl, Michonne, Carol, Gabriel<<<

But, again, it's a game. Have fun. I can get 1000+ stars using an all Ranged team that someone else says can only be achieved via an all Melee team. Choose the style that works best for you, learn the critical traits that exploit it, kill zombies, have fun, repeat.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    Carl_s_HatCaptainslayerclausLene
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    @Squall_NML you should unlock Sasha, she is a really beast on some maps.
    :)
    tabernacT_12Brown1982
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    > @David_H79 said:
    > @Squall_NML you should unlock Sasha, she is a really beast on some maps.
    > :)

I have unlocked Sasha. I've unlocked heroes with traits that are definitely useful. I currently have lvl21 survivors and working on upgrading lvl 22 weapons so soon I'll be unlocking all.
    Thanks for the advice anyway, much appreciated. TJS
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    David_H79