Which do you prefer?

ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 777
Pulled these two assaults recently. Not too sure which one I prefer, just looking to get a few extra opinions.

mudpie

Comments

• CodeVeronicaXCodeVeronicaX Member Posts: 19
    I would go with Cindy. But Andrea has good looks... idk.
    Player Level : 23
    Survivors Level : 10
    Game Progression : Chapter 9 - 2/6

Unlocked Heros : Negan, Daryl, Abraham, Rosita, Ezekiel, Dwight, Glenn, Maggie, Jesus

Guild: NEGANs Harem
    New, active members are always very welcome.

• David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    I would go with Andrea.
    Cindy misses luck and I'm not sure, if I need ruthless on an assault, because the primary target of the charged attack is to stun.
    Andrea misses marksman but look tough with the other traits.

Ps If you have the slots why don't keep both?
    sligoemTHCrossp_herian
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 267
    @bladgier Just getting my survivors to lvl 18 and no pink yet. I'm still confused on when to pink. When I 1st started reading the forum, it seemed most advice was to wait to pink until your perfect survivor or close anyway. (I've only gotten one, I think, shooter w/ mm, ss, is, luck & dodge and she's 1000 or more tokens away from being pink)

When I read the forum now it seems to be the opposite, "pink as fast as you can". Maybe you wouldn't mind enlightening me into why you wouldn't pink either and would WAIT until something better comes along.

Thank you
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

mudpie
  • thew_robertthew_robert Member Posts: 46
    Probably Cindy because she has marksman.
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 267
    @bladgier I know your one of the bigwigs here, but I'm sure that that wouldn't keep you from lending out some solid advice to a rookie like me. :-)
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

mudpie
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732

@bladgier Just getting my survivors to lvl 18 and no pink yet. I'm still confused on when to pink. When I 1st started reading the forum, it seemed most advice was to wait to pink until your perfect survivor or close anyway. (I've only gotten one, I think, shooter w/ mm, ss, is, luck & dodge and she's 1000 or more tokens away from being pink)

When I read the forum now it seems to be the opposite, "pink as fast as you can". Maybe you wouldn't mind enlightening me into why you wouldn't pink either and would WAIT until something better comes along.

Thank you

@anniesprinkles

While you're waiting for input - the logic behind waiting as I see it is:

1) you want to be sure you have great traits since it takes a long time to collect enough tokens to go pink. If you invest in a mediocre survivor today and get a great one tomorrow, it could feel like a waste. I waited until my survivors were level 19 so I could collect tokens and look for ideal traits.

2) related to 1, the longer you play gives you a better idea what's worth investing in for your play style. If I had been able to go Elite with level 13 or 14 survivors, i probably would have never invested in a survivor with DS and Vigilant, but I have now seen how those traits can be more useful in some scenarios than I previously thought. My interrupt scout has both, plus powerstrike, retaliate and dodge - and she is a badass on the front lines.

3) going pink will raise scavenge RSL by one level, so it can be better to wait until you can have multiple pink stars at once so your other survivors don't get easily bruised and injured in xp or supply scavenges. I waited until I had enough tokens to pink 1 survivor in every class.

Your shooter has perfect traits as far as I'm concerned. I would definitetly make her Elite, but again, might wait until I had at least a few other classes to do at the same time.

I know I'm not the droid youre looking for, but hope that is helpful.

As for the OP, marskman is a must for me on all ranged. Like @bladgier said, trade revemge for that and Andrea would be great. Cindy is decent, but I really like Iron Skin on assaults because their range is so short they can easily get hit by a walker if you get a body shot and miss a kill.
    Bullet Dodge is only useful in outpost or savior maps, so many consider it a waste of a slot where a better trait could be.

Similar thought for Ruthless on assaults - the trait increases damage from charge attacks, but since the assault charge stuns, it provides less benefit for them than a class like shooter or scout. I usually stun on 1 turn and finish them off on turn 2 to re-charge my assault. The extra charge damage could actually kill off the walkers and make it harder to get my assault charged again. So like bullet dodge, there are traits I would find more useful in its place.
    anniesprinklesMinistrmudpie
  • ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 777
    @Mabiki ya I was thinking the same exact thing when it comes to ruthless on the assault class.

Thanks for the help guys!
    anniesprinklesmudpie