New rescued Survivor levels! Do some players now hold advantage?

Comments

• NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Game is now unbalanced with some players having a small advantage.
    This discussion should have nothing to do with what will happen in outpost. Since none of us can predict what will change, be implemented, added etc... But I can say with confidence that even if you had lvl 20 survivors It wouldn't be that big an advantage by the time when outpost is released - especially with pay to play which (may) have a advantage paying for upgrades, but at least most players survivors will be at or near max level with decent gear.
    I've been getting lvl 16+ gear since update on higher level challenge mission chests with my lvl 15 squad, so that's really no longer an "advantage" either.
  • mindsoremindsore Member Posts: 70
    No player receives an advantage due to this change.
    A fully upgraded level 15 or 16 epic or legendary will smoke a level 17 - 19 common or uncommon 9 out of 10 times because of the effects % on equipment and player
    zoson
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    Yes for walkers. But it won't work on outpost defenders.
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited February 2016
    Game is now unbalanced with some players having a huge advantage.
    Really wish you guys would consider to revert this back because that spark, drive and motivation that kept us training to rescue these survivors and complete nightmare mode has really affected many players. Everyone who couldnt take the journey missed out on one of the best exciting journey and memories of this game.
    CindyLou
  • drinkydrinky Member Posts: 414
    yup agree fact some will have 18/19 will make a diff, need to balance that, easiest way is to limit level of survivors to be used in any aspect of outpost, keep in line with training ground, and then your balanced, then you can "match" people in outpost battles based on their training ground levels, so newer players don't hit players more advanced, of course they may not use their best survivors in their outpost, but that's a choice then, and would be BALANCE. And can keep the higher survivor as a bate to tempt people to push themselves.
    Lev 58. Rick Rollers Elder
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    edited February 2016
    I got a suggestion that i think could balance this survivor mission issue. It might get a negative feedback on those who got the high level survivors but it needs balancing.. here's the link to my post
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/3374/balancing-the-game-for-everyone#latest

• CindyLouCindyLou Member Posts: 112
    edited February 2016
    They need to just revert it back to the way it was. There is zero reason to complete the hard and nightmare maps on any level. No player has any reason to replay any of the maps. That kills every single game, this one isn't so special that it won't kill this one. They are going to lose a massive amount of players for this change. This is huge; it's not like the bruiser nerf. They changed the entire game by not giving a player anything to play, and took away anything to accomplish once normal story mode was finished. This went from a game that you play every day that a game you play only when it updates and in between you find another game to play.

I hope they're listening to us, because that is really what is going to happen. People are going to lose interest in this game before outpost even has a chance to get going because there is nothing to play; you cannot expect us all to play for challenge stars util the next update and not lose interest There are just too many other games out there to play.
    Cherokee_Rose[Deleted User]
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    Their reason for changing it is for future pvp. Going against a high level defender will result in bodyshot. In this sense, im simply suggesting a tweak on bodyshot so they will have no reason not to revert back the survivor levels..

• CindyLouCindyLou Member Posts: 112
    edited February 2016
    That's fine with me. They just need to give us something to do before outpost. I'm totally on board with your plan if they'll consider it.

I've never played a game where a simple update took away a desire to play and took a game that had meat to it and made it into something superficial and vapid, with no substance or purpose. I've never been upset about a game before either, so I think that said something about how much I loved this game before and how upset I am with them that they themselves killed it and how disconnected they seem to be from people and what drives people to play games. It's almost like they had someone on board who isn't there anymore or something. How could they have it so right and then suddenly go so wrong?

I get that they needed to do something..I guess. I don't really buy that. There wasn't a problem before. Everyone had the ability to get the players and it was fair. I think they ought to revert it back to the way it was before, and everyone knowing now how important it is to try to complete the maps in ALL the modes to stay competitive. How could they not want that? It was set up before that all the modes needed to be played and their players wanted to play all the maps. I just, I almost have to laugh at what they had and what they threw away. They had players that were looking forward and preparing themselves to replay maps. I mean, wtf.
    Cherokee_Rose[Deleted User]
  • shAdshAd Member Posts: 268
    Game is now unbalanced with some players having a significant advantage.
    Set the level of all survivors that are >16 to 16. Or undo the change please.
    Very proud first officer of "<a hred="http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/27/dead-angels#latest">Dead Angels</a>"
    Lumpisdead[Deleted User]
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    edited February 2016
    I would like to hear from the Mods/Devs if they are considering reverting the survivors back to their original level... or if it is pointless to keep talking about this topic. @TK-421

I would like to add unless the survivor levels are changed or the map is redesigned, it will be almost impossible to complete the nightmare missions using the low level uncommon survivor that we are trying to save...

• Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited February 2016
    I just saved a rare shooter 6/13 on the last factory level.
    I have no room left to recruit and my shooters are both rare and 14/14, 15/17 so I retired her immediately.

*Just saying.......
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    Survivor you save should be the walker lv around them, reduced to current max survivor Lv (16) if they exceed it. Their lv cap should be 20.
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    @TheMurphy

Wrong show!
  • mindsoremindsore Member Posts: 70
    No player receives an advantage due to this change.
    @jester hahahah.....that's right, wrong zombie show.....
    Another day goes by as I pray for those low level survivors in Nightmare to return back to the way they use to be
    So I would like a Mod to reply with either

1) we are considering restoring the survivors, or
    2) no we are going to keep it as is...

Right now I keep hoping for 1)

Thanks.

edited February 2016
    @Teeceezy i know you commented your watching this.

Any chance you can confirm the latest, could you perhaps restore when you release the fixes to exploit ? Would be a great PR exercise ;-)
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,478
    @Helio, @drinky, and to others, how do you handle those people that got the lower level survivors?
    @zbot It only an issue for outposts. As even without everyone has dif level survivor anyway not everyone has lev 16 for example now.

So given outposts some time away any way. I'd code outposts so only survivor at the level of training ground can be used in attack or defend. So basically not in play for outpost and everyone has chance to get them.

In fact in outposts I'd pair matches up Purley based on training ground level to keep it in theory fair.
    @zbot That is an excellent question. Ideally, because of this mess, it would be like a reward... if you don't currently have a lvl 18 scout, and the nightmare mission is complete, then you can claim the scout...

• steste Member Posts: 108
    Great idea drinky. I think trying to get the high level survivors was the most interesting thing to do in the game. I can't imagine it would be too hard to lock them out of outposts to keep that part of the game balanced
    @ste training for weeks to try to get those high levels rescue survivors was what kept the game exciting and gave me a purpose. Once they took that away; it felt like a knife in the heart. I'm still trying to survive and carrying on because im in a great guild that keeps me going. However i still have hope that the devs will reconsider and revert them back.
  • BluboyBluboy Member Posts: 20
    Still no word from the developers?

I guess they don't care!
    In going to guess the announcement they made on the decision to lower the survivors and no matter what we say, they will stick to their decision... Has there been a single decision that they made that has ever been reversed? The only one that has a chance is the black/red color on top of walkers.

• NichonneNichonne Member Posts: 30
    Was I the only one dumping those characters? I eventually replaced them with better survivors from radio calls. I don't even have any of them anymore lol
  • SinniasSinnias Member Posts: 11
    Well seeing as we can't even max out our survivors since some go above level cap it should be obvious they will come out with a way to even the playing field. It would be very foolish to open up pvp mode and allow other players to have significantly higher level survivors. Unless they buff the overall power of each rarity to the point were a level 20 uncommon wouldn't even stand a chance against a level 15 epic or legendary. Those who get such rare drops should be rewarded greatly I have a level 14 legendary warrior (my only legendary) I would hope she could easily put down any level rare or lower. Weather they are level 14, 15, or 20. I think many of you would agree with this. Some are more lucky than others yeah I only have 1 legendary but I have 12 epics. Not really threatened by a level 18, 19, 20
    uncommon. Anyone else agree?
    [Deleted User]
    @Nichonne I'm going to guess you didn't get the lvl 18 scout... Since technically you can't replace with something better... And least not level / damage wise..

• NichonneNichonne Member Posts: 30
    Id like to believe the level 8/18 legendary scout I dumped it for is likely better. Could be wrong, but I sincerely doubt it.
This discussion has been closed.