Preferred Survivor Traits - My Current Philosophy

2»

Comments

• tabernactabernac Member Posts: 805
    @D33J91

Scout Kathryn - Man, this is a tough one. 3 great traits and Vigilant which I don't particularly like on Scouts for my playing style. For me it comes down to that 5th trait... If she pulled Power Strike I'd keep and find some Armor with Gold Iron Skin. Honestly Power Strike, Iron Skin, or maybe Defensive Stance are the only traits that she could pull that would make me invest long term.

Warrior Zachary - Maybe if he pulled Luck on that 5th Trait. It's a big token investment to get an Epic to Legendary with fingers crossed for one trait. If it were me, I wouldn't invest.

Bruiser Ricardo - Damn, another tough one. I haven't done any testing myself on the Ruthless trait on a Bruiser. On paper it would seem to me like the classes that Stun for their charged attacks wouldn't really reap the full benefit of this trait. Until proven otherwise there are many other traits that I'd take over Ruthless on a Bruiser. That being said, I wouldn't invest.
    anniesprinklesmudpie
  • D33J91D33J91 Member Posts: 107
    Thank you for the analysis, I'm only level 13/14 so they're currently the best I have in terms of survivors.

Unsure whether to roll them then, I'll keep them for now and see what other survivors I can pull in the mean time

Cheers again
    anniesprinklesmudpie
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 267

@tabernac I feel like your my Fortune Teller tabernac. So what does your Crystal Ball see for HughJeego's (love that name. Lol) future? I went ahead & gambled on his 5th trait & was surprised to see Punish since I got him way before new traits were out. I just assumed that the new traits would only be on new survivors. (After update survivors, you know what I mean %-))

He is now my only decent Bruiser, besides some other Bozo with only three traits.

I actually thought he was pretty tough before Punish & I just got Punish so haven't seen it in action. For some reason I don't want to see it in action, I'm scared he is going to be what you call "serviceable". But then again that's what it's about, learning what works best for your game play. So don't hold back any punches.

I have one more agonizing question. I don't understand why ruthless on an assault (or bruiser) is not as important b/c the primary target of their charge attack is to stun. Maybe I'm not using this attack properly. When I'm using my assaults charge attack it's usually because I know if they don't start going down, I'm going to be in a heap of trouble and for me that usually seems to be the case. I don't really use it to stun, I'm only stunning them so I can maybe get enough damage one more chance to take them DOWN! I just don't get it. I keep thinking that that's going to be the BEST trait for an assault.

Your so smart tabernac ;)) can you help me before my head explodes.

Thank you! Where should I leave your fee for my bruisers future fortune telling? (try saying that ten times while patting your head and rubbing your belly!) :-P
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

mudpieSexybeast_
    I know, no dodge, no power strike (hate it) and no retaliate, but just look at him, he looks like he could protect me.

My dog thinks I'm funny:-)
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

mudpieSexybeast_
    @anniesprinkles

Heya Annie!

I think Hugh is great, not just decent. Would I have preferred Power Strike over Punish for that 5th trait? Sure, but how often do we come across that perfect survivor? I've got a Bruiser that has the same traits as yours, but Power Strike instead of Strong. Not perfect, but he's still a brick sh!thouse, and is really fun to play with. It depends on how you play and what you play. Someone could argue perfectly legitimately that Punish is absolutely essential for Outpost Defense. I don't care at all about Outpost Defense. My Trade Goods are a step away from the door, and if you want to step around them to kill my defenders, I don't really care. Just isn't my cup of tea.

Right, so the Ruthless trait. My feeling is that on classes that rely on using their charge attacks to deal damage (Scout, Warrior, Hunter, Shooter) the Ruthless trait is crucial. But don't get me wrong, Ruthless on an Assault is great. If I came across an Assault with Luck, Marksman, Sure Shot, Iron Skin, and Ruthless I'd be over the moon. That's a great survivor, no question. Put it this way, I wouldn't build up a new Hunter or Shooter without Ruthless, but an Assault? Absolutely. Maybe keep my fingers crossed for Ruthless on some armor. For me, the Bruiser and Assault charged Stun attacks are about buying time and space, not about dealing massive damage.

Bruisers for me really shine when I get to a Challenge RSL in which I know it's going to be messy (No chance at 3 stars here, folks!) and I'm not going to be able to avoid some nasty hits from Zeds. I LOVE Bruisers for times like these. I don't understand it when I see people post that they don't use Bruisers at all. I use their high health to mitigate those strikes and limp to the exit busted up and bloodied. My Bruisers aren't consistently stunning Zeds (or at all) at this point. What trait would I trade for Ruthless in this situation? But that's just my playing style. Aggressive, and if I'm being honest a bit ham-fisted at times. =)
    anniesprinklesmudpie
    edited July 2017
    @tabernac I feel much better now! See ya later tabernac and keep that Crystal Ball shinny. ;-P

Not being familiar with the term ham-fisted, I had to look that one up. Just in case someone else might not know it's meaning, it's awkward or clumsy.

See, I learn all sorts of good stuff from you tabernac! I'd get out the little cheerleaders, but everybody probably thinks that's dumb.

Hey! I can't stop myself! Hippity Hip Hooray for tabernac! *\O/* *\o/* *\O/*
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

mudpie
  • mudpiemudpie Member Posts: 60

@tabernac not sure what to do, can you help me out?
    Member in Morbid Spirits
    anniesprinkles
    @mudpie

Heya!

Without seeing those 5th traits, I'd lean towards Julia personally. Biggest reasons being Luck and Power Strike. At Level 5 it does 40% more damage & has 40% increased chance of Critical Attack. The 40% more damage is great, but the real focus here is on the 40% chance of Critical Attack. That can be a real difference maker in whether or not you pull off a successful Stun strike on higher level Zeds. Give an update when you unlock those 5th traits!

Cheers!

tabernac
    mudpieanniesprinkles
    @tabernac Good advice! I'm glad u said Julia b/c she is ready to be promoted, when I get the final tokens and Jorge still has 3 traits to go.

Haha this feels like a test of endurance.

Thanks
    Member in Morbid Spirits
    anniesprinklesgespuer
    tabernac said:

@mudpie

Heya!

Without seeing those 5th traits, I'd lean towards Julia personally.
    Give an update when you unlock those 5th traits!

@tabernac I was really nervous when I hit the promote tab, I've been working with both since the beginning & Julia was only common when I picked her up. It will take me awhile to unlock Jorge's 5th trait..., but now it's getting interesting.

Considering the amount of tokens and wondering which one I should take my chances on, I'm very pleased with Iron Skin as her 5th trait. Now maybe a little plastic surgery or maybe not. I think Julia might just scare the bejesus out of the walkers with one look.

Good Luck to you tabernac...there's an apocalypse going on...damb tough zombies out there to fight!

Member in Morbid Spirits
    tabernacanniesprinkles