Revenge Trait behaviour you should know before using it

Comments

• tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    @IRONDee

Overwatch on ranged survivors might have the outcome of "saving" a Raider because it doesn't discriminate. If the Zed is aggressive and within the LoS the ranged survivor on Overwatch will take the shot regardless of who it helps or saves.

Revenge is different because according to the Update Notes: "Revenge: After an ally is attacked by an enemy in range and LoS, make an attack against that enemy that deals 50% of normal damage."

So basically the Revenge trait by design DOES discriminate based on if the person attacked is an ally or not an ally. In these cases mentioned above the attacked person is definitely not an ally, so the trait isn't working as intended.
    RedEye52
  • IRONDeeIRONDee Member Posts: 469
    tabernac said:

@IRONDee

Overwatch on ranged survivors might have the outcome of "saving" a Raider because it doesn't discriminate. If the Zed is aggressive and within the LoS the ranged survivor on Overwatch will take the shot regardless of who it helps or saves.

Revenge is different because according to the Update Notes: "Revenge: After an ally is attacked by an enemy in range and LoS, make an attack against that enemy that deals 50% of normal damage."

So basically the Revenge trait by design DOES discriminate based on if the person attacked is an ally or not an ally. In these cases mentioned above the attacked person is definitely not an ally, so the trait isn't working as intended.

I should probably look for a thread about this specifically, since it's different. A survivor will choose a walker attacking a raider instead of a walker closer to another survivor on the team. I don't think it will let another survivor get hit, But it's annoying if that's happening as intended.
    I'm not addicted, I just have nothing better to do.
    Founder and benevolent dictator of IRONPHX
    Alt Elder in Grumpy Old Gits

jimmorrison369RedEye52
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 471
    I think overwatch focuses on walkers because the Walkers' turn comes before the Saviors' turn?
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    @IRONDee working as intended , no bug. Wrong thread here. ;)
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    GrimGaelIRONDeebigbeanoRedEye52
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    Again, we're currently looking into the reports you've provided in here. Thanks.
    @Akartiki You should add this here.
    -----------------
  • F_U_4everF_U_4ever Member Posts: 1
    Every report is just a look only without any action. Good for u
    RedEye52gespuer
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    I can vouch for @Akartiki 100%. Happened to me this morning. Grenade walker came from around the corner, unbeknownst to me. Hits my survivor, triggers revenge... KA-BOOM! Instant bruise, lol.
    @mob You are right. Same happens by the way also when you just use overwatch. Overwatch will also protect saviors.
    -----------------
    stevie05
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Let me guess what'll be NG's reply: "Everything is working as intend. But we'll have an eye on this".

Let's be serious. To attack a walker which attacks a freeman is a no go bc if it goes bad that walker dies and the freeman is attacking your "allies". So that would be the opposite of a helpful trait, wouldn't it?
    JadenmobAvengerskjmia421
    @gespuer It's in from the beginning and also discussed long time ago.... working as intended.
    -----------------
    gespuer
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Don't remember if we had that before (and currently not enough time to re-read the thread)...

I just went on a mission with Abe, a hunter, and a shooter who both have revenge.

Everyone is in clear line of sight of everyone else. Everyone moved and shot (no overwatch). There were two walkers.

Hunter is attacked by a walker, shooter revenge shoots him. Then Abe is attacked by the other walker (no dodge), hunter does nothing.

Shouldn't he have revenge shot the walker that had just attacked Abe?

I just killed the walker with my hunter the next turn without moving anyone. So 100% sure that he had a clear line of sight.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    That means only one can revenge per turn ?
    -----------------
    Or an attacked guy can't revenge anymore
    -----------------
    JackBauer said:

Or an attacked guy can't revenge anymore

I'll have an eye on that. Can't remember if he ever revenged after he got attacked or not.

But I'm sure I have seen both my shooter and my hunter use revenge against the same walker.

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    Maybe revenge from both triggered after the first attack?
    But because the walker died from the first shot, the second revenge didn't take place?
    edited July 2017
    David_H79 said:

Maybe revenge from both triggered after the first attack?

But because the walker died from the first shot, the second revenge didn't take place?

That would have been possible had it been the walker attacking Abe that was killed.

But it was the walker attacking the hunter that got shot so only the shooter could have used revenge on that one since "self-revenge" is not possible.

And the other walker wasn't even scratched, so it was not hit by the hunter.

Here's the screenshot of the situation:

David_H79
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    For those of you that might be taking Steevie's post seriously--don't. The retaliate thing is not in any way new, they've admitted long, long ago that it was not working as intended, and they would fix it, when they get around to it, eventually. Now, instead if fixing it, they've reused bugged code for another trait or two. Does this sound like something they can/will fix? Is this something you would do in your workplace? Come now.
    paintbeastbigbeano
  • TatdJdmTatdJdm Member Posts: 23
    I don't have enough time to read 4 pages of posts. I've been experimenting with revenge because I have a hunter and a shooter both legendary with revenge. I've been contemplating going pink, but not sure if revenge would help later on in higher RSL.
    With that being said, revenge triggered for me from both of those survivors because of my third being hit by a fatty. My third was stunned, both of the other survivor's revenge trait triggered simultaneously and killed the fatty, saving myself from another hit from him and losing a star.
    However, I'd rather not be touched at all, so granted it saved me a star this time, later on I feel ruthless would be a better choice. Besides revenging on 1 walker from 2 survivors, I've never had revenge work from each survivor on seperate walker attacks.
    gespuerJaden
    edited August 2017
    Added scenario H and I with freemen interaction.
    -----------------
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    80% of my survivors have revenge trait
    Might not be bad. I still have not finally decided about usefulness of that trait. I like it on my shooter for outpost raids. Guess I will keep him a while.
    -----------------
  • kayakxtremekayakxtreme Member Posts: 17
    Can someone explain this video to me and explain why niether of my survivors with revenge acted until the 4th or 5th hit Abe took

• tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    edited December 2017
    I've seen that behavior occur in the past as well. It seems like at certain angles if your Revenge survivors are close to or right next to the Survivor that takes a hit, the game mechanics see the Survivor that is taking the hit as blocking the Revenger's line of sight.

[Edited: typo]
    I believe revenge isn’t triggered because abraham was in overwatch.
    -----------------
    tabernac
    And revenge triggered when Abraham healed himself. Then Abraham was no longer in overwatch. (Scenario I, first page)
    -----------------
    tabernac