How does interrupt work? And does the Ruthless charge work for both charge shots?

Raven2318Raven2318 Member Posts: 184
I'm trying to figure out some mechanics. I am totally at a loss with interrupt. Do you stop all enemies in that turn, or just one? Also, with ruthless, does that work with both charge attacks if you are using a survivor that has an added turn as their charge - is it the first one, second, or both? Thanks to any more experienced player who can help me understand.
gespuer

Comments

• GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    Only first attack is charged attack, so it applies only for that one. Any following attack(2nd for shooter/warrior or scout with swift strike) is normal one and ruthless is not counted in.
    Interrupt is bit tricky. It (usually) works up to +3 lvls(or more, if pink star/s surv use it). It is safe for walkers, as they had only one AP(action point), which is "interrupted" and they cannot perform attack. Tricky part is with freeman and outpost defenders/raiders, as they have 2 APs and if 1st one is interrupted, they still can use 2nd one. At least that is how it works for me.
    gespuerautumn_ash
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 481
    So an assault with interrupt can stop multiple targets in The Archives map for example?
    I always thought the no. of walkers it can interrupt is only one since the shot is fired at the walker which moved first.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,733
    Steeboon said:

So an assault with interrupt can stop multiple targets in The Archives map for example?

I always thought the no. of walkers it can interrupt is only one since the shot is fired at the walker which moved first.

No, walkers move one at a time.
    interrupt stops moving walkers. Not the ones waiting for their turn to move.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,065
    Does interrupt never work when against +3 walkers or is it just a lot less likely due to more body shots and if that's the case then having piercing and Interupt would help?
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    @Firekid interrupt works as long as you don't make a bodyshot.
    So yes, if you combine interrupt and piercing, it works more often.
    Means is piercing is triggered, you don't make a bodyshot and therefore interrupt still works regardless of the level difference.

Hope this helps. :)
    anniesprinkles
    To add: If you add luck on the weapon and the survivor too, piercing triggers more often. :)
    jimmorrison369bigbeanoanniesprinkles
  • l2wannabel2wannabe Member Posts: 513
    @David_H79....so did they change the stacking rule on luck? I remember quite awhile back ng said that stacking luck on a weapon and on the player will not increase the chance of luck working better?! Has this changed?
    @l2wannabe
    I don't remember that.
    For my understanding of luck I would say it stacks.
    So if you have 20% luck on your survivor and 20% luck on your weapon, it's equal to having 40% luck.
    Now if you use a weapon with 30% piercing, your chance of getting piercing activate is 42%.
    30% from piercing and 12% from luck.

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but this would be I expect luck to work. :)
    stevie05
    edited July 2017
    David_H79 said:

@l2wannabe
    I don't remember that.
    For my understanding of luck I would say it stacks.
    So if you have 20% luck on your survivor and 20% luck on your weapon, it's equal to having 40% luck.

Correct
    David_H79 said:

@l2wannabe
    Now if you use a weapon with 30% piercing, your chance of getting piercing activate is 42%.
    30% from piercing and 12% from luck.

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but this would be I expect luck to work. :)

Incorrect.

Piercing itself is not a chance.
    It reduces the chance at body-shot. The chance at body-shot is the actual chance (not piercing) and this should also be influenced by luck I think.

So having both luck and piercing does help, but not in the way you described.
    They both change the body-shot chance, but they don't interact with each other.
    David_H79bigbeano
    l2wannabe said:

@David_H79....so did they change the stacking rule on luck? I remember quite awhile back ng said that stacking luck on a weapon and on the player will not increase the chance of luck working better?! Has this changed?

No, this never happened. Around the time of the luck nerf, one of the possible nerfs would've been to accept only 1 luck source. (so only from weapon or only from survivor, not both) Like you said. But they decided different.

Before the nerf, if you had 30% luck and 30% dodge, you had 30+30=60% dodge.
    After the nerf, if you have 30% luck and 30% dodge, you have 30+ 30*30/100 = 39% dodge

luck on weapon and survivors still stack. 15% on survivor and 15% on weapon = 30% luck.
    David_H79bigbeanol2wannaberomeo
    Thx for clarifying @jimmorrison369
    There is much to learn on the forum.
    :)
    jimmorrison369bigbeanoromeo
  • l2wannabel2wannabe Member Posts: 513
    @jimmorrison369 thanks for the clarification. That's changes things a bit for me in my game play and my previous thoughts about stacking luck.
    jimmorrison369romeo
    @David_H79
    Look at this

Luck helps nothing...
    David_H79
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    David_H79 said:

Thx for clarifying @jimmorrison369

There is much to learn on the forum.

:)

Absolute agree here. It would be appreciated when the developer would explain their mechanism in FAQ.
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016