Merle is broken: maybe

MereMere Member Posts: 75
I think Merle is broken in two ways.

The announcement about Merle reads, "Merle is unlocked as a Rare survivor with 250 tokens. Unlock him and benefit from the Jackass leader trait: Your team deals 16% more damage when attacking an enemy of higher level than the highest member of your team. [Upgradeable to 30%]"

1. The way I interpreted this was Merle unlocks with jackass at 16% more damage. Is this incorrect? Is the 16% after jackass is upgraded? I'm asking because my Merle shows jackass as a 14% boost.
2. I do not think he's giving my damage either 14 or 16% boost. I am aware the sample size I'm basing this conclusion on is not large enough and as such ought to be taken with a grain of salt. I tested it in quick scavenge missions. I used the same hunter with the same weapon. All damage numbers were versus a level 22 walker, my team are all level 20, with no critical hits included in the numbers. The team for the numbers without jackass did not have a hero who impacts damage in the team.

Hunter damage with jackass:
2505, 2546, 2191, 2772, 2413, 2597, 2631, 2414, 2365, 2258
= 24,692/10 = 2469.2

Hunter damage without jackass:
2613, 2576, 2179, 2504, 2395, 2606, 2072, 2151, 2044, 2331
= 23,471/10 = 2347.1

So it looks like a 5% damage increase to me…

I was thinking @Teeceezy @Shteevie or @Fearofabotplanet might be able to provide some clarification.

I was hopeful @DLich @Bill_ZRT or @Warlord could tell me if I'm on the right track at beginning to assess my damage results to see if the percent increase of damage approximates the advertised amount. I do not post often in the forum except to assist my guild in recruitment, though I do read posts and you seem to be several of the resident data driven analytical members. I tried my best to keep as many constants as possible in my data gathering, I know damage varies and so I need a larger sample, I wanted a quick assessment to start from. As math is not my forte I appreciate any advice you can provide, on my tracking project.
gespuerafroponixAvengers

Comments

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Hey @Mere! We're currently not aware of any issues with Merle's leader trait, and we'll look into it. Thanks! :)
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Moving to Bug Reports.
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,546
    I meant of course Merle not @Teeceezy
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    gespuerMonsutabigbeano
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    the dmg boost might be only calculated with a part of the total dmg, so it's not 14% of 2581 total dmg, but rather 14% of the hero dmg (2581 - 1628 = 953 * 0,14 = 133), so a dmg boost of 133 comes a lot closer to your numbers in the sample size
    JackBauerPig
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,546
    edited July 2017
    @docfinzenburg Sounds reasonable to me.
    "Your survivors deal" -> that means probably only the base survivor damage and not any gear damage.

I wonder if this then also applies to other Heros as well.

Rosita: "Your Survivors' attacks"
    Dwight: "Survivors do "
    Ab:: ".... their attacks deal..."

-----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    hmmm, mistake :# ... i can't compare the dmg numbers from the hunter in the sample size with the dmg from Merles picture

but maybe the concept is something like that
  • TwofaceTwoface Member Posts: 75
    But if that's the truth...14 % (in anouncement 16%) of base survivor damage (without weapon damage) it's a totally useless leader trait i think! I hope thats not intended. Maybe a moderator can clear the situation.
    Avengers
  • MereMere Member Posts: 75
    2281-1186 would be the hunter's stats @docfinzenburg using that example.

Just when something sounded useful …
    @Mere does the hunter have the Marksman trait? Maybe we have to subtract this from the total dmg also...
    @docfinzenburg yes to marksman, it's level 4, 12% more damage.
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Thanks to all here to dig in the dark. That's exactly what I don't think it's an appropriate behaviour of a developer. I believe NG should tell us exactly how mechanism works instead of letting the player try to find it out by try and error.

Please @teeceezy unlighten us.
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

AvengersMereTwoface
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    Agreed 150000% @gespuer
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    gespuer
    I understand they don't want to put proprietary info out in the world. I don't think an explanation of how something works fits in that category. I don't think we should have to try to reverse engineer a trait. Totally agree @gespuer
    gespuer