Constant Body Shots on Spiked Walkers

Unless its a crit its all im getting even on -6/7 walkers, anyone else?
Captainslayer

Comments

• docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    edited July 2017

because he's bullet proof, i guess
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    Piercing FTW. Haven't really noticed it yet.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    Piercing & incendiary FTW.
  • autumn_ashautumn_ash Member Posts: 325
    edited July 2017
    I'm still ok with RSL -1, a couple bodyshots, all is standard.
    Golden Ruthless works nice on them as on any big guys
    TWD ⭐️ FearTWD ⭐️ Ride with Norman Reedus
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    My guns have peiceing something is defiantly wrong it never used to come up body shots he is the same as a police walker in that respect all my shot are effectivly quartered.

I will video it tomorrow.
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,135
    They do seem tough as fduck, I can admit that.
  • TripodTripod Member Posts: 130
    You can't stand next to the spiked or burning walker when attacking, or you will receive damage like a regular scout weapon. You need to use the distance of the pitchfork not to get hurt @theldssdl
    AvengersbuchizombiebreathPic
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @FearMeDaryl

I believe it is like using spear/pitchfork against flaming walkers. Doesn't matter if there's a space or not, you still get burned/spiked. Makes no sense to me, but NG has not indicated any plans to change it.

Worth noting though, if you kill the spiked walker with a melee, you Do Not take bleeding damage (unless mechanics changed since last time we had spikeys).
    Avengersl2wannabekjmia421
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    @Mabiki From my experience this Challenge you can attack a Spiked walker with the Spear and you won't take damage/bleed. You can also Interrupt them (if they are within the allowable RSL range for Interrupt to trigger).
    Tripodautumn_ashromeobuchizombiebreath
  • 淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
    That's why Rick use knife to kill it
    romeobuchizombiebreath
  • TripodTripod Member Posts: 130
    I've been using a scout with the pitchfork the entire challenge (on rsl24 now) and have not been hurt from a spiked or burning walker as long as I keep my distance when attacking them. I learned first round that I couldn't stand next to them and attack without getting hurt.
    autumn_ashgespuerAvengers
    tabernac said:

@Mabiki From my experience this Challenge you can attack a Spiked walker with the Spear and you won't take damage/bleed. You can also Interrupt them (if they are within the allowable RSL range for Interrupt to trigger).

Hmm, surprising, but good to know. My pitchfork is low level so won't help me atm but great info to have. Thanks.
    NCDawgFan said:

It is possible to wrestle and kill a spiked walker at the higher levels once you start accepting 1 star as well.

My understanding is struggle with a spiked walker results in immediate death and mission failure, but I haven't tested recently. Hopefully someone else can confirm since I don't feel like making a sacrifice right now.
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    edited July 2017
    Mabiki said:

tabernac said:

Hmm, surprising, but good to know. My pitchfork is low level so won't help me atm but great info to have. Thanks.
    The Pitchfork/Spear are super useful against the Spiked walkers, but you can also use any Melee against them as long as you kill them on your turn. You have to make sure that the Melee survivor gets that job done. If you don't kill the Spiked walkers and they get a hit on your survivor, you will definitely bleed. Spiked walkers only cause bleeding when they strike on their turn.

[Edited for clarity]
    Avengersl2wannabe
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I've had no problems with them so far. I just make sure to have special skill available at the times they come into play.

Later levels will be awkward perhaps ... but that is later levels and you need to strategise more anyway.

But with those things I just don't leave it to chance.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    You can attack spiked with all melee weapons no damage taken to warrior or bruiser....
    kjmia421
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    edited July 2017
    You can wrestle a spiked walker it's easy to do once you figure it out
    TripodNCDawgFan
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,320
    If you can't ram it! Dodge it!
    CaptainslayercapibaraSPC_TORRES
  • kevinfongkevinfong Member Posts: 8
    Hi guys, just want to know if anyone is facing the same problem or am i the only one that find that the spike walkers are especially hard to kill in this challenge? I use 2 assaults (abe and rosita, both epic) and 1 hunter(daryl, leg) Any other classes that will be useful against them? thanks!
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    edited July 2017
    I think you will find the answers to your questions in here: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/27939/constant-body-shots-on-spiked-walkers
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    sligoemgespuer
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    A level 29 spiker is over 30k health but you can kill them if you have the wrestle trait on your armor and are willing to accept 1 star on the mission. Good luck to us all.
    tdiddyTripod
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    @Mabiki I have successfully killed the spiker on that first mission multiple times using wrestle armor rather than waste all the multitude of shots needed to kill a level 29 with over 30k of original health. Good luck.
    tdiddyI_Am_Psycho
  • zeoweruszeowerus Member Posts: 138
    edited July 2017
    @NCDawgFan ,if your survivor struggle with a spiked walker,they die immediately.(if wrestler trait does not work at the first turn)
    GuapotdiddyInvadercrambert_necavelardezVladoII